PDA

View Full Version : What was the last GREAT promo?

Anybody Thrilla
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I was in the thread about Austin controlling a crowd and started thinking that I can't really remember any really great promos in WWE over the last five years or so. There have been some really good ones, but are there any that we as wrestling fans will remember for many years to come?

I can't think of any of the top of my head, and that saddens me a bit.

Inadequacy
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Eddie's silent promo?

Phenomenal 1
10-29-2009, 12:51 PM
How about Ric Flair's farewell speech on Monday Night Raw the night after Wrestlemania....or how about CM Punk's speech about being straight edge after winning the World Heavyweight Title and sending Jeff Hardy packing and thus putting the full head of steam on his heel turn....those weren't memorable.....

Waylander
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
How about Ric Flair's farewell speech on Monday Night Raw the night after Wrestlemania....or how about CM Punk's speech about being straight edge after winning the World Heavyweight Title and sending Jeff Hardy packing and thus putting the full head of steam on his heel turn....those weren't memorable.....

Besides these how about HBK before WrestleMania, the one with the druids and all?

DaveBrawl
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Kofi kicking the paint can Monday? :shifty:

Inadequacy
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh man, Punks promo at the PPV he lost the world title back to Jeff was awesome.

McLegend
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
HBK during his feud with Hogan in Canda cutting a heel promo.

That was off the hook.

My Final Heaven
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Jericho's promo on the last Highlight Reel about how "Y2J" was dead & no one would ever see him again

TheHart
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
This may not count as a promo, but when Punk came out and got the mic and started to say something to Jeff, but instead attacked him with it. I remember being caught off guard by that, and thinking about how original that was. Not to mention the beat down he gave after that was fun. Especially when he starts to walk off and then runs back over and attacks Jeff again. Pretty memorable to me.

HBPunk
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
the last GREAT promo?? Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels consistently give GREAT promos every single time they are in a good story!esp during their feud last year.punk as a heel is GREAT on the mic too.same with heel Christian but thats going back.Perhaps instead of shitting all over wrestling and tryin to find problems that arent there,u shud just switch ur tv off whenever ur not seeing a GREAT promo

CSL
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Off the top of my head, some of the best promos I've seen 'recently' have come from Mick Foley in TNA

Nark Order
10-29-2009, 01:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1MJBO6k3a0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1MJBO6k3a0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Show Off
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Off the top of my head, some of the best promos I've seen 'recently' have come from Mick Foley in TNA

His promo about Abyss being a "Cheap Low Rate Mick Foley Wanna Be" was the best I've seen since Mick Foley's promo "If You Bring this Edge the Undertaker will tear you Apart"

Foley is the best on the mic bar none.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Honestly Punk has been GOOD on the mic he has not been awesome. The problem is, we see someone GOOD on the mic these days we cream our fucking pants because everything else is rehearsed and shitty. No doubt some guys excel like Punk and Jericho, they're fun as hell to watch, but seriously, it;s all written, overused watered down crap nowadays. Which makes it so much better that we have the internet to make our own little vault of awesomeness.

The Ravishing One
10-29-2009, 02:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1MJBO6k3a0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1MJBO6k3a0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:y:

WHO TH3 MAN
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Mick Foley and Edge on Smackdown, the last time we saw Foley in WWE I believe.

Inadequacy
10-29-2009, 03:51 PM

Can't believe I forgot about thiat. I loved this promo so much

Juan
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
The promos Foley cut during his feud with Flair in WWE were pretty great. Also the promos during his feud with Edge and the subsequent feud with Dreamer and Funk.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Mick Foley is a fantastic promo guy. I think his promos were a huge part of the reason he actually won the TNA World Heavyweight Title this year. I remember one where he was talking about how he had to win for his son, or something. But it was better than that gives it the impression of being.

Anybody Thrilla
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
the last GREAT promo?? Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels consistently give GREAT promos every single time they are in a good story!esp during their feud last year.punk as a heel is GREAT on the mic too.same with heel Christian but thats going back.Perhaps instead of shitting all over wrestling and tryin to find problems that arent there,u shud just switch ur tv off whenever ur not seeing a GREAT promo

Fuck you. I said there have been plenty of good promos. I'm talking about promos that will become legendary, though. Shut up, you faggot mouth dick nose.

You guys have mentioned some great ones, especially that Joey Styles one. Almost forgot about that. Even still, I dunno if it's legendary or not.