PDA

View Full Version : SMACKDOWN MANS UP BOI! TIME FOR WAR MAN UP

Innovator
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Former ROH Tag Team champions Jay and Mark Briscoe were at last night's WWE Smackdown/ECW taping in Philadelphia and worked out in the ring before the taping in something of an informal tryout. The duo are currently under a Ring of Honor contract and were given permission by the company to attend the taping and do the invited tryout.
<!-- IP Address: 69.121.221.166 -->
<!-- Generated Article Ends here. -->PWInsider.com

-----------------------

YEH YEH BOI TIME TO MAN UP

I hope they impressed. Both of them deserve to be given a shot

kareru
11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
but they don't have 'the look'
and wwe don't have a tag team division

Triple Naitch
11-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I hope they make it.

kareru
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
this just fuels my theory about ROH going under

Dave Youell
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
If they went to TNA they'd be made a big deal out of at least, plus TNA actually know's how to book tag teams

kareru
11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
and of course briscoes vs mcmg = ratings

Schlomey
11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
ROH gave permission for employees to go tryout for a competitor? Either bollocks story or ROH is in negotiations with WWE for a buyout or talent division much like FCW or OVW.

Splaya
11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
This would be awesome

Dave Youell
11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
ROH gave permission for employees to go tryout for a competitor? Either bollocks story or ROH is in negotiations with WWE for a buyout or talent division much like FCW or OVW.

That, or they recognize that is the WWE come calling, you can't stand in the way

Chavo Classic
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow! Id be all for the Briscoes getting more exposure but, as everyone has already said, they haven't got the look for the WWE. They'd probably be repackaged as two redneck yokels with an incestuous cousin for a valet.

RGWhat316
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, I dunno how I feel about this. They are my favorite tag team in ROH and would love to see them make it to the big time, but I can imagine them not being used very well.

On a side note, I actually caught Mark's bandana at the ROH show last Friday, a first time for me getting something from a wrestler.

CSL
11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
ROH gave permission for employees to go tryout for a competitor?

lol

Swiss Ultimate
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
but they don't have 'the look'
and wwe don't have a tag team division

http://www.thewrestlingchick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/briscoe_brothers.jpg

http://wrestlingupdateonline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/briscoe-brothers-photo.jpg

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/b/briscoebrothers/11.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/thumb/5/54/Briscoe-Brothers.jpg/180px-Briscoe-Brothers.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/briscoeswebmiss/picturegallery/2007-01-07-15.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow! Id be all for the Briscoes getting more exposure but, as everyone has already said, they haven't got the look for the WWE. They'd probably be repackaged as two redneck yokels with an incestuous cousin for a valet.

So essentially, they'd give them a valet is what you're saying?

kareru
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM

and change them from wiggers to rednecks

Supreme Olajuwon
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
"the look" is different for tag teams than it is singles wrestlers. The Hardys didn't have the look. Too Cool didn't either. But they meshed well together and made it believable that they could defeat another tag team.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-18-2009, 11:18 PM
and change them from wiggers to rednecks

They're already rednecks.

Funky Fly
11-18-2009, 11:27 PM
"the look" is different for tag teams than it is singles wrestlers. The Hardys didn't have the look. Too Cool didn't either. But they meshed well together and made it believable that they could defeat another tag team.

This. I see a feud with Cryme Tyme happening.

ron the dial
11-18-2009, 11:29 PM
they could and should make it in the "big leagues." they've got all the talent in the world, and i'm ready to see them move on to bigger and better things.

thecc
11-18-2009, 11:52 PM
MAN UP!!! would get over huge.

Dave Youell
11-19-2009, 03:28 AM

Legit spat my tea out then

CWK
11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
I just hope they let them continue with what they have been doing so far and not sticking them in ridiculous personas and be wasted.

The Bashams come to mind on a topic like that.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2009, 07:39 AM

I can definitely see them getting a Dukes of Hazard gimmick.

They do seem like they are outside of the guys the WWE normally hires, but if they are allowed to work the exciting style they bring to the table -- they could get quite over and move the WWE some merchandise. Like an ugly version of The Hardy Boyz.

It'd be good to see some real teams brought into the WWE, though. Right now, TNA's landscape does look better for them, I have to say.

Halbowsky
11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
If WWE does sign them, I really hope they don't push them as some kind of a redneck gimmick. I know they are rednecks, but WWE would really exploit that (kinda like Jamie Noble's early gimmick or Jesse & Festus).

But I can see "Man Up" on many t-shirts

Chavo Classic
11-19-2009, 01:48 PM
They're already rednecks.

Sure, but the WWE's perception of rednecks is hugely different. A perception polarised to the extent where it's offensive.

Indifferent Clox
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
ugly version of the hardys? pshhh i think the hardys were/ are an ugly enough version of themselves.

Chavo Classic
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM

I'm hanging my hopes on this being true. The WWE has become a lot more attractive to the smaller (physically) wrestlers from the indies since CM Punk. He definitely didn't have the look and has still done a damn fine job for himself; so I guess why not the Briscoes and, hopefully, Danielson.