PDA

View Full Version : Should TNA do more with Raven and Dr. Stevie?

Rollermacka
11-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I am still not sure if Raven is under contract with TNA or if he's just working "day by day" or fully under contract but would you like to see Raven and Dr. Stevie take a more "main event" role in TNA? When the lights went out durring Abyss's match against the good doctor and later when Mick got a fireball to the face I was hoping it was Sabu. When Raven revealed himself I was just as happy. Besides the feud with Foley and Abyss, would you like to see them do more? Maybe bring back some of the old Flock members (I'm sure Reese and Sick Boy wouldnt mind another run) or maybe go after the tag team titles. I wouldnt mind seeing Raven (possibly Stevie) get a wold title run.

Stealth-Icon
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't mind Raven, but the flock sucked in WCW, so I doubt it would be any better in TNA.

kareru
11-19-2009, 12:45 AM
i fucking love raven, but its really odd seeing stevie in charge for once

ron the dial
11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
yeah big raven fan but no to other flock members and no to a world title run

jskinnyg
11-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Kidman was the oNLY member of the flock that was worth a shit... Raven can still talk it up good... I am still with pushing young talent...

Dave Youell
11-19-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm just pleased to see that he looks like he's in good health, the last time I saw him he looked really shit tbh, like the new hair and that he's going for more of an insane angle, than his previous incarnations.

He fits with Steve and Daphne right now and it gives those 2 a new lease of life. No, this doesn't mean they should have a more prominant role, but it does mean they now have a role that makes me care about them all a bit more.

I'm going to find that show where Raven wins the title, good times

CWK
11-19-2009, 03:27 AM
I am a huge Raven fan, what a brilliant mind in wrestling and someone who played their persona to the hilt, sad to say that he will never duplicate what he had in the original ECW, but maybe TNA should do a little more, not sure.

I just know that TNA has WAY WAY WAY too many wrestlers signed to contracts, no one can get consistent quality time on that show. They either gotta get more programming, or release a bunch of talent, people are being wasted.

Dave Youell
11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
I am a huge Raven fan, what a brilliant mind in wrestling and someone who played their persona to the hilt, sad to say that he will never duplicate what he had in the original ECW, but maybe TNA should do a little more, not sure.

I just know that TNA has WAY WAY WAY too many wrestlers signed to contracts, no one can get consistent quality time on that show. They either gotta get more programming, or release a bunch of talent, people are being wasted.

I dissagree with that statement, I think TNA right now are doing a very good job of keeping pretty much everyone involved in some kind of angle, and I also like the way that angle's are meshing together alot

Look at WWE, you have your top guy feuds, a glass ceiling and maybe one mid card feud per show, that's it. At least TNA are trying to give everyone something to do, the only guy right now that I can think off who's in the lurch is Consequences (sp?) Creed after Lethal's new angle. Everyone else as far as I can think is involved in something or other and it's stuff that I'm interested in

CWK
11-19-2009, 03:40 AM
I dissagree with that statement, I think TNA right now are doing a very good job of keeping pretty much everyone involved in some kind of angle, and I also like the way that angle's are meshing together alot

Look at WWE, you have your top guy feuds, a glass ceiling and maybe one mid card feud per show, that's it. At least TNA are trying to give everyone something to do, the only guy right now that I can think off who's in the lurch is Consequences (sp?) Creed after Lethal's new angle. Everyone else as far as I can think is involved in something or other and it's stuff that I'm interested in

I see some of the points you are making, but we do see alot of TNA doing 8 man tags, 10 man tags, stables, it seems like they are doing segments with 10 to 15 wrestlers involved all the time just to have a wrestler on the show. What I mean is that alot of wrestlers are just existing on that show as fillers and not being apart of anything meaningful. I hope no one would disagree with me that they have WAY too many knockouts for the show, what is there like 20 of them and only a 2 hour show, thats just crazy.

I like the Nigel/Kurt Angle storyline though. Pretty impressed with that, even though the writing showing Kurt Angle being on the shelf for a few weeks and being stretchered off over a clothesline, the most basic of moves is ridiculous. LOL.

CWK
11-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Rhino is a perfect example, you will have weeks where he would be in a mini feud with Angle, or right now with The Dudleys and then disappear for weeks if not months. He is very underrated in my opinion, real solid mic skills and a good performer in the ring, he used to be real big in TNA at one time, should be used better now.

Impeccable
11-19-2009, 03:56 AM
I agree with you CWK on this. They have some top guys who aren't on the show every week or doing anything meaningful, and I also agree that the solution isn't to release people, but for more programming.

Hopefully, the Hogan publicity stunt will see a network pick them up for another show.

Disagree on The Knockouts front though. I think that division is just about right. I like that their angles don't all revolve around the Knockouts title (i.e. Tara/Kong). I think they were beginning to have problems with the amount of knockouts, but they timed the introduction of the Knockouts Tag title just right.

Impeccable
11-19-2009, 03:58 AM
One of the problems with TNA is that segments and matches still seem very disjointed from week to week. In WWE, the focus on so few gives the product a more fluid look and feel. TNA are trying to do something with everybody, which results in the eight man tag matches/ultimate x matches/six sides of steel matches every week.

CWK
11-19-2009, 03:58 AM
I agree with you CWK on this. They have some top guys who aren't on the show every week or doing anything meaningful, and I also agree that the solution isn't to release people, but for more programming.

Hopefully, the Hogan publicity stunt will see a network pick them up for another show.

Disagree on The Knockouts front though. I think that division is just about right. I like that their angles don't all revolve around the Knockouts title (i.e. Tara/Kong). I think they were beginning to have problems with the amount of knockouts, but they timed the introduction of the Knockouts Tag title just right.

I think the knockouts kind of fall into the situation with alot of the wrestlers. There are so many knockouts, and they only do 1 to 2 women's segments per show, thats just difficult to fit everyone in. But as long as Velvet Sky is on every week....... I am a happy man.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2009, 07:35 AM
I don't know if I would make them a main event force. I am curious to see what Raven and Stevie can do with this. They're both really good talents on the mic, and while I think both guys would be better served as being managers, or something, it's pretty epic that they're feuding with Abyss and Mick Foley.

I mean, sure, the story may not be the best in TNA -- but they are feuding with two former World Champions. Stevie fucking Richards is feuding with former World Champions. If he gets to pin Mick Foley at some point, I think it would be a great nod to his consistent work over the years.

Nicky Fives
11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Raven is a GOD!..... no Titles for either..... maybe after the feud with Foley/Abyss has run its course, slide them into the tag division to help put over younger talent (Beer Money, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, British Invasion, maybe some randon X-division tag team)