PDA

View Full Version : TV-14 One Thing

FourFifty
11-23-2009, 12:55 AM
So in another universe Vince McMahon realizes the errors of his way with watering down his product to appeal to a mass audience, and he's willing to compromise. He wants to keep it at a tv-pg level because of corporate sponsors and Linda's senate run... but he wants SOME edge back!
So he finds YOU in a public restroom at a gas station and asks YOU what should be pushed up to TV-14... Which is it?

Now keep in mind there is no "Everything" or "A little of this and a little of that" answer. Just one answer....
And here... we... GO!

Verbose Minch
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Obviously storylines. Storylines are the most important part!

screech
11-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't storylines bump up the "edginess" of everything, though since those things would be part of them?

CSL
11-23-2009, 01:01 AM
You don't need any of that for a 'good product', you just need good, coherent writing. Only thing I 'miss' with this PG stuff is guys getting colour.

FourFifty
11-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Wouldn't storylines bump up the "edginess" of everything, though since those things would be part of them?

Not really. You could have had the "Val Venis gets his dick chopped off" storyline done at a TV-PG level. It just would have been even worse than it already way. They just never need to mention his junk. They just tried to cut off his "....you know.... thing." Also, the scene where they drag him out naked for it to happen would have been cut off (pardon the pun).

Maybe that's a little too much...
The Steve Austin/Vince McMahon epic angle could have been TV-PG. Because Austin 3:16 says (hold up the mic like DX)!!!! No middle fingers, no beer, no blood, less chair shots, Jim Ross screaming "Bah Gawsh" etc etc.

FourFifty
11-23-2009, 01:06 AM
You don't need any of that for a 'good product', you just need good, coherent writing. Only thing I 'miss' with this PG stuff is guys getting colour.

Perhaps I should have been a little more clear when I said "action"
This is anything physical in/out/around the ring that directly deals with the wrestling/spot monkey aspect of the preference, which includes color.

St. Jimmy
11-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Where is the "Violence" option?

DaVe
11-23-2009, 02:14 AM
No middle fingers, no beer, no blood, less chair shots, Jim Ross screaming "Bah Gawsh" etc etc.

Is that not 'action'?

FourFifty
11-23-2009, 02:48 AM
.......do I really need to be so goddamned pedantic and clarify in ring action and the storyline? I was hoping that I'd expect more from the internet.... but then I realized it was the internet.

Tb1
11-23-2009, 02:52 AM
I really think it's the storyline. All other concerns are secondary.

DaVe
11-23-2009, 06:30 AM
eh I simply agree with screech and CSLi. Blood is the main thing, though.

XCaliber
11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Storylines FTW!

Kane Knight
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
.......do I really need to be so goddamned pedantic and clarify in ring action and the storyline? I was hoping that I'd expect more from the internet.... but then I realized it was the internet.

So you asked a stupid question, and are pissed you got stupid answers?

Jordan
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Blood I want blood

Xero
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Blood. While I do believe wrestling can live without it, it CAN be vital to some matches and angles.

Emperor Smeat
11-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Storylines since that would involve some long term booking while everything else is more of a "shock" factor if it was one night only.

Sort of like ECW One Night Stand the 1st time since it brought "hardcore" style wrestling back into the WWE when before it was bland or slow paced for a few years. No long term storylines ended up making the PPV appear edgier than what WWE was producing during that time.