PDA

View Full Version : Ok, lemme pitch this idea for a video game

BigDaddyCool
11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
The title would be Marshall: Destroyer of Worlds. It would be about the life and times of Marshall the Cat, who is a house cat that kills everything. It would be in a 3D sandbox enviroment where you sleep, eat cat food, poop in litter boxes, hunt small game, and fight off other cats that get all up in your business.

I think you would start as a kitten just brought home from the pound, then learn your way around the house, hunting bugs, avoiding being sprayed by the people for sitting on the table. Then you get to go outside, learn the terran and move on to bigger game like snakes and mice. You can get cocky and go after bigger animals too, and avoid the fox.

Of course this is all based after my brother's cat who is named Marshall.

Emperor Smeat
11-25-2009, 05:07 PM
This sounds sort of similar to The Sims series but with cats. You start off with a small kid and then raise the character as it grows up and then based on expansion packs, go to college or party or other stuff.

PorkSoda
11-25-2009, 05:32 PM
You can get cocky and go after bigger animals too, and avoid the fox.

So you can avoid a fox but go after a lion?

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2009, 08:01 AM
- Would the controls be anything like Okami? Or Twilight Princess? There's actually few games that dealt with controlling animals.

- How would the growth be presented? Is it subtle and time based or chapter based?

- Cats are stealthy, will there be a stealth mechanic to the gameplay? Can I pounce on prey?

- Cats are also agile, would there be emphasis on platforming?

- I assume the animal senses would translate to some radar system?

- Day/night cycle? If night how would the cat's nocturnal vision be presented? Don't you fucking dare say night vision goggle style.

- Multiplayer?

Khuntry
11-26-2009, 10:09 AM
- Would the controls be anything like Okami? Or Twilight Princess? There's actually few games that dealt with controlling animals.

- How would the growth be presented? Is it subtle and time based or chapter based?

- Cats are stealthy, will there be a stealth mechanic to the gameplay? Can I pounce on prey?

- Day/night cycle? If night how would the cat's nocturnal vision be presented? Don't you fucking dare say night vision goggle style.

- Multiplayer?

Dude i seriously doubt he considered any of this. Probably just wanna make a silly cat game.

Kalyx triaD
11-26-2009, 12:15 PM
How would that not go through his mind? I'd have all those details fucking covered. Then again, I don't think he's that much of a gamer anyway - 'core or otherwise. If he's at all interested he should learn a thing or two (or three) instead of shitting on its sub-cultures.

The Mackem
11-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Sounds like quite a good cat game although I'm not too convinced that being fixed with the name 'Marshall' will be very appealing.

The Mask
11-27-2009, 07:11 AM
i don't know. gives him a military sound. like you half expect him to come upon a rocket propelled grenade launcher during the game to blow up a tank with.

The Mackem
11-27-2009, 07:52 AM
I can tell you are not much of a gamer, The Mask.

The Mask
11-27-2009, 06:36 PM
not much of a gamer? i just got 100% completion on saints row 2 yesterday, you cunt.

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM

- Multiplayer?

Dude i seriously doubt he considered any of this. Probably just wanna make a silly cat game.

I want a silly cat game that is fun, not all whatever Kylax said. He lost me at Okami, not a clue what that is.

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
So you can avoid a fox but go after a lion?

Maybe chase a bear.

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Also, Marshall the Destroyer of Worlds is a tongue in cheek title.

Sixx
11-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Whiskers.

Kalyx triaD
11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Also, Marshall the Destroyer of Worlds is a tongue in cheek title.

YOU MEAN I WASN'T GONNA DESTROY THE WORLD?!? WITH THE CAT?!

BigDaddyCool
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
You might.