PDA

View Full Version : WWE canceling Confidential on Spike TV very soon -- new show to fill timeslot?

Dave Youell
04-09-2004, 06:00 AM
WWE canceling Confidential on Spike TV very soon -- new show to fill timeslot?

» Reported by Paul Nemer of WrestleView.com
» On Friday, April 9, 2004 at 1:03 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The WWE will be canceling the Confidential program very soon. At this time, it isn't know what the company will decide to put in the timeslot. That hour will have to be filled with WWE programming due to their current deal with Viacom.

As you may have noticed if you pay attention to weekend ratings, the show has been gaining very low ratings as of late and is reportedly expensive to produce (which is why the company takes weeks off and instead air repeats).

With the news coming out, rumors of ECW's return will definitely be a hot topic in the months to come.

Credit: Buck Woodward @ PWInsider.com

Corkscrewed
04-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Ee See Dub!!!!

oh wait, that'd not happening yet.

Oh well, the show never lived up to its name after Vince changed his mind and decided to protect kayfabe. Again.

The Ravishing One
04-09-2004, 07:37 AM
:y:

Its interesting to see how it all plays out

CBright7831
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I guess this means Mean Gene Okerlund is out of a job...again!

SuperSlim
04-09-2004, 10:55 AM
well if ECW comes in then it'll probably really suck...I mean ECW in a WWE style arena already takes away a whole lot. Then WWE style would take away a whole lot more so you got nothin more than ECW guys with ECW name doin nohtin different then they would in WWE.

but thank you Vince for changin the concept of what Confidential was originally about

Savio
04-09-2004, 12:36 PM
ECW maybe

Shaggy
04-09-2004, 01:19 PM
After they changes what Confidential really was I just couldnt watch it anymore. As for what might fill the time slot.....who knows?. ECW is a big thing that people are talking about and Vince might make the move to put it there. Or he might decide to bring back WCW and put it there. Or he might just fill it with another wrestling thing of his that really wont be watched. What I would love to go there would be a new season of Tough Enough. I loved it when it was on MTV and then now that they dont show it anymore I have been waiting for a new season to start up somewhere.

Mikey
04-09-2004, 02:05 PM
It was getting sort of boring to watch anyways

tucsonspeed6
04-09-2004, 02:16 PM
They'll just replace it with a 16th recap show to recap what happened on the other recap shows.

BigDaddyCool
04-09-2004, 02:35 PM
It probably gets crappy rating because it is in a crappy timeslot.

KillerWolf
04-09-2004, 03:02 PM
It probably gets crappy rating because it is in a crappy timeslot.
and it's a crappy show. :yes:

Loose Cannon
04-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Why don't they just devote a half hour to Randy Orton each week. They can call it "The Legend Killer's Variety Hour." They can show clips of what Orton did for the week on Raw. They can show old school Classic Orton matches. They could have so-called Legends of the world come on and be interviewed by Mr. Orton. They will all be given RKO's after the interview too. Come on. This would be great TV.

PureHatred
04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
It would take Randy half an hour just to properly hit the RKOooops!

BigDaddyCool
04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
and it's a crappy show. :yes:

yeah, that too. Raher cheap programming.

KaliKot
04-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Why don't they just devote a half hour to Randy Orton each week. They can call it "The Legend Killer's Variety Hour." They can show clips of what Orton did for the week on Raw. They can show old school Classic Orton matches. They could have so-called Legends of the world come on and be interviewed by Mr. Orton. They will all be given RKO's after the interview too. Come on. This would be great TV.

Yeah then maybe after that, Matt hardy can run in and give orton a twist of fate
WWE:V1-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can you feel it?

The CyNick
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
A new Tough Enough would be alright, but they would have to tape it, so it wouldn't be able to start for some time.

I dont see the ECW thing working out right now, there isn't enough depth to create a third show, and then there are logistic issues, like when would these "ECW" matches be taped?

I would rather see them do a preview of their 24/7 on demand deal. Show Classic WWE shows, like one week show an old episoide of Superstars, then one week show a RAW or Nitro, then SNME, etc etc. That would give people a little taste of the 24/7 concept and what they can expect. Heck Mean Gene can even host it.

My other idea would be to do a show that features highlights from both RAW and Smackdown. You get two announcers (one RAW one SD) to sit down and talk about what happened that week on both shows.

One other point, I believe the 2 hour block is being split up. Velocity will remain on Spike on Saturdays but it will be on at 7PM now (which is better) and then the old Confidential will air at 10PM.

Stickman
04-09-2004, 05:17 PM
How did they change confidential?

6to1
04-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I guess this means Mean Gene Okerlund is out of a job...again!
maybe he will replace king or he could be comentater for fake ecw

Loose Cannon
04-09-2004, 06:52 PM
It would take Randy half an hour just to properly hit the RKOooops!
:lol: :|

ColdwaVer
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Bring back Saturday Night's Main Event.

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Haha, Mean Gene as an ECW announcer...
Whatever they put there, its gonna have to be good if they expect to get any ratings, cuz its a sucky timeslot and there needs to be a reason for people to stay home or stay up and watch.
Even though a new ECW wouldn't exactly be real ECW, I think it could be good, just because it would be better, or at least more meaningful than your basic "shotgun saturday night", or "velocity".
It would just be strange to be taped and in the same arena as raw or smackdown. Plus it would seem like a fairly large side project for a crappy late saturday night slot.

CBright7831
04-09-2004, 10:09 PM
maybe he will replace king or he could be comentater for fake ecw
:lol:

Were you serious?

:wtf: :shifty: :|

James Steele
04-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I told you guys about this a long time ago...

***Points To Signature***

Franchise Fan 4 Life
04-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Maybe Vince will go as far as giving DDP his own self help program on how not to get screwed by Vince McMahon and Mean Gene will be DDP's personal assistant?! LOL But I wouldn't most likely watch wrestling on Saturday night's again if something good was one. Velocity has good talent but it's not exactaly anything exciting.. Maybe the should revamp the two hour late night time slot or even expand Velocity into two hours and eventualy have ECW invade Velocity and take it over completly..