PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves the next main event push?

Supreme Olajuwon
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
As hard as it is to believe, WWE actually might try to build a new star or two in the coming months. Sheamus and Kofi are getting tryouts now so we'll see how they handle the pressure. But who do YOU think should be the next guy to become a main eventer?

Sorry but Bryan Danielson is not an option. Let's be realistic here.

Phenomenal 1
11-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Kofi.....he's already got the momentum building in his program with Orton and this new wild side of his is actually more interesting to watch than him trying to be a fake jamaican going BOOM BOOM BOOM

Savio
11-29-2009, 11:26 AM
lol R-truth

GD
11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Kofi's definitely gonna make it. I am going with the extreme underdog Shelton Benjamin.

Savio
11-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm going with Mark Henry, R-Truth, MVP, Kofi and Selton.....Maybe Carlito but definitely not Sheamus

Supreme Olajuwon
11-29-2009, 11:33 AM
We get it, Savior, you like black people.

thedamndest
11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Swagger or Kofi.

Savio
11-29-2009, 11:53 AM
We get it, Savior, you like black people.
lol, I was just making a joke. I'd like to see Swagger get a push as well seeing as though he was the ECW CHAMPION

Jordan
11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
More than all of those Christain would be great right now.

Swiss Ultimate
11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Swagger needs a minor adjustment before going to the main-event scene. His entrance needs to be revamped, he always looks like a big gangly frat dude who's just joking around. He has the skill, he just needs a little something.

Kofi needs to stay on the upper-card with his new gimmick before I'm willing to buy him in the main-event.

The Miz, however, is right on track for what could be an awesome main-event run. I think he just needs a few more big match wins first and a rub from someone, maybe Jericho, before I can see him legitimately taking out someone in HHH's position. His brief stint with Cena had promise...

Joesgonnakillyou
11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
John Morrison, he's basically there. It wouldn't take a lot of work plus he's made it as a face which, imho, is much harder.

Matt Hardy for the same reason, I chose Morrison in the poll because there's a slim chance he might actually get pushed to Main Event. Where as Matt NEVER will.

jerichoholicninja
11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I was going to vote for Morrison but then I remembered he's pretty boring and bland as a face so I voted for Miz. He gets more heat than anyone not named Orton on Raw.

4 knuckles up
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0mgpv8O-pvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0mgpv8O-pvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

/Close thread.

Stickman
11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
HBK

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
The American Dragon Bryan Danielson.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
But actually, I have no idea really.

CSL
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0mgpv8O-pvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0mgpv8O-pvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

/Close thread.

If he's ever gonna 'make it', he needs to be heel or at least freshen up his character. Very cookie cutter since he turned face.

CSL
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I'd take DiBiase and Kingston out of those btw, maybe Drew post Wrestlemania

XCaliber
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt DiBiase needs to but pushed sooner or later.

4 knuckles up
11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
If he's ever gonna 'make it', he needs to be heel or at least freshen up his character. Very cookie cutter since he turned face.

Agreed. I think if he changed his finished from the playmaker, to something with a little more impact- (I always liked the drive-by kick) he'd get over a bit more.

Anybody Thrilla
11-29-2009, 02:35 PM
The Miz is on fire right now.

Bret HART No1
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Phil ivey

mike adamle
11-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Isn't he a poker player? I know you're just saying that to be a dick, but I'm curious now as the name sounds familiar and I'm not gonna bother looking around on the internet to find out who it is.

Anybody Thrilla
11-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, he's a poker player.

Heyman
11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
As hard as it is to believe, WWE actually might try to build a new star or two in the coming months. Sheamus and Kofi are getting tryouts now so we'll see how they handle the pressure. But who do YOU think should be the next guy to become a main eventer?

Sorry but Bryan Danielson is not an option. Let's be realistic here.

Few things:

1) In today's wrestling world, main-event pushes do not mean much. The reason for this is that main-event pushes nowadays are usually temporary....and the wrestler getting the push ultimately ends up back where he was.

2) Main-event pushes ONLY mean something IF the wrestler stays at that level.

3) If the wrestler actually does become main-event material, then there is still a danger of the wrestler being made to look inferior to other established main-eventers (i.e. CM Punk playing 2nd fiddle to the new number one heel of Smackdown...Batista. CM Punk playing 2nd fiddle to Randy Orton at Survivor Series, etc.). If a wrestler becomes a main-eventer, it ONLY means something of significance IF that wrestler has a chance at being THE "clear cut" #1 guy in the company. Batista in 2005 was a good example of this. John Cena in 2006 is a good example of this. Brock Lesnar in 2003 was a good example of this.

Unfortunately, <s>Chris Benoit</s>, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and Randy Orton are *NOT* good examples, since each of these men either...

Didn't win their Wrestlemania main-event matches in a clear and convincing fashion (to establish themselves as a true number 1 guy)
Didn't hold the belt long enough, and actually played SECOND FIDDLE as world champ, and then ultimately never went back to main-event status upon dropping the belt

In ANSWERING the QUESTION to the thread title however, I would have to vote The Miz.

-The Miz is the most over with the fans
-The Miz, being a heel, won't be nearly affected as much with a loss as a face would

As much as I would like to see Kofi Kingston get elevated, he will NOT unfortunately (not at this time). He will do the clean job to Orton at some point, and will go back to the IC level.

St. Jimmy
11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Triple H.

CSL
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Brilliant

Nicky Fives
11-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Jack Swagger

Xero
11-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Kofi I take as the next one.

Out of all of those, though, in terms deserving, is easily Morrison. BUT, I still want him to be a nice slow build. Give him the push into SummerSlam, no earlier.

Bret HART No1
11-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Phil ivey v john cena wrestlemania one time:naughty:

jskinnyg
11-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I love the heat with Orton right now, so I go with Kofi just based on the last few weeks... If you had asked me last month he would have been WAY down the line... Morrison & Miz are next in line for sure but they have gold right now... Swagger needs a new entrance AND SERIOUS Mic sills to get a vote...

Innovator
11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Miz, Kofi, and Ted DiBiase

The Pope
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
I H8 Kofi. Ted Dibiase all the way