PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown taping results/spoilers (4th Dec 09)

CSL
11-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Stolen from PWTorch, not very in depth:

Dark match: Kaval (Low-Ki) defeated Paul Burchill.

ECW Results for Tuesday's show

(1) Goldust beat William Regal.

(2) Trent Barrera & Caylon Croft debuted from FCW and defeated local jobbers.

(3) ECW champion Christian & Shelton Benjamin beat Ezekiel Jackson & Kozlov after Jackson walked out on Kozlov.

Superstars Results for Thursday's show

(1) The Hurricane beat Zack Ryder via DQ after Paul Burchill (dressed as a villain) interfered.

(2) Dolph Ziggler beat Matt Hardy.

Smackdown Results for Friday's show

(1) R-Truth beat CM Punk via DQ after Luke a/k/a Festus interfered.

(2) Kane beat Mike Knox

(3) Mickie James beat Natalya and Beth Phoenix in a triple threat match to become the #1 contender to the Women’s championship.

(4) Drew McIntyre beat IC champion John Morrison in a non-title match.

(5) Hart Dynasty (D.H. Smith & Tyson Kidd) beat Eric Escobar in a handicap match set up by Vickie Guerrero.

(6) Unified tag champions Chris Jericho & Big Show beat Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard & JTG).

At the end of the show, Undertaker tried to call out Batista, but Batista met him halfway and destroyed him at the end of the taping.

Dark Match main event: World Hvt. champion The Undertaker beat Batista and C.M. Punk in a triple threat match.

It was a great show tonight and the crowd was hot all night. R-Truth and Taker got the biggest pops of the night.

Fignuts
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
woo hoo kaval

also lol at r-truth still getting huge pops

KYR
11-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Paul Burchill's new gimmick?

http://wallie.110mb.com/news/data/upimages/whiplash.jpg

Juan
11-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Here's a more detailed report...

Dark Match

1) Kaval (Low-Ki/Senshi) defeated Paul Birchill with the double stomp. The crowd got really into Kaval's kicks.

ECW

- We start with the Abraham Washington Show. Abe makes fun of Virginia , eventually stating that the biggest joke about Virginia is that Tony Atlas is from here. His guests are Zach Ryder and Rosa Mendes. Ryder reads a poem he wrote about Rosa, and Rosa reads one she wrote about Ryder. In hers, she states that they are a match made in Heaven because she speaks Spanish and he doesn't. She then finishes in Spanish, saying something that I'm sure was not complimentary but Zach doesn't know any better. The segment ends with Ryder hopping up and down on the couch Tom Cruise style.

- Christian & Shelton Benjamin vs. Ezekiel Jackson & Vladimir Kozlov is announced as the main event.

- Backstage Ezekiel Jackson apologizes to William Regal but refuses to apologize to Vladimir Kozlov. Regal attempts to get them on the same page before his match.

1) Goldust defeated William Regal with a rollup. Zeke and Kozlov both reach for Goldust's leg at the same time and get into a shoving match outside the ring. Regal is distracted trying to calm them down and is rolled up. After the match Kozlov blames Zeke but Regal does not retaliate.

- Backstage Paul Birchill begs Tiffany for his job back. He is interrupted by the new tag team of Trent Barreta and Caylen Croft who will debut tonight.

2) Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft defeated Bobby Fields & Tyler Hilton. Fields must be a popular local guy because he got quite a reaction for a jobber. Barret and Croft looked good, finishing their opponent with a Hart Attack type move but with a kick instead of a clothesline. Their theme music is kind of a "Bittersweet Symphony" rip off.

- Backstage Vance Archer is interviewed. He says he won't demand an ECW Title shot like most people and he will savor every moment on his way to the top.

- Also backstage, Christian is "that guy" and restarts Shelton Benjamin's video game as he's about to win the ECW Title in SmackDown vs. Raw. They vow to watch each other's backs and to steal the show at TLC.

3) Christian & Shelton Benjamin defeated Ezekiel Jackson & Vladimir Kozlov. Jackson did most of the work for his team, but when Kozlov went to make a tag later in the match Zeke dropped off the apron and walked away. Shelton pinned Kozlov after Paydirt.

Superstars

1) The Hurricane defeated Zach Ryder by disqualification. Hurricane hit the Shining Wizard but Ryder fell to the floor. A masked Paul Birchill, presumably as his super-villain alter ego comes down and attacks Hurricane.

2) Dolph Ziggler defeated Matt Hardy with a backslide. Good, long match. Definitely the best of the tapings. Lots of nearfalls and reversals. Ziggler finally wins after reversing a Twist of Fate into a backslide.

SmackDown

1) R-Truth defeated CM Punk by disqualification. Luke Gallows (the former Festus) grabbed Truth's leg for the disqualification. After the match Punk and Gallows lay Truth out to a chorus of boos.

- Undertaker calling out Batista is hyped as our main event.

2) Kane defeated Mike Knox

3) Mickie James defeated Beth Phoenix and Natalya in a No. 1 Contender's Triple Threat Match. Michelle McCool and Layla are out on commentary for this match. Decent Diva's Match. Phoenix hits the Glamslam on Natalya as she tries to lock Mickie in the Sharpshooter, and Mickie kicks Phoenix out of the ring to steal the pin.

After the match Mickie cuts a promo on Michelle and attacks her at ringside. When the numbers game takes over Maria makes her return to make the save. Mickie and Maria celebrate in the ring afterward.

- Backstage, Batista complains to Teddy Long about Undertaker calling him out. Teddy informs Batista that he will be facing Rey Mysterio in a Street Fight next week on SmackDown.

4) Drew McIntrye defeated John Morrison in a non-title match. McIntrye tries to cut a promo on Morrison before the match but is jumped. The match fluctuates between mat wrestling and brawling. McIntrye eventually crawls under the ring, and when Morrison goes after him McIntyre pulls his arm causing Morrison to bust his head on the ring apron. McIntrye gets Morrison back in the ring to hit the underhook DDT for the win.

- CM Punk and Luke Gallows cut a promo backstage discussing Gallows' transformation. Gallows asks us to accept CM Punk as our Saviour.

- Vickie Guerrero comes out to address Eric Escobar. I always thought those reports that said "I had a hard time hearing what she was saying because of all the heat" were exaggerating. They weren't. She says she wants Escobar to apologize to her. Escobar comes out and apologizes for ever having met her, for seeing her in lingerie, etc. Vickie books him in a Handicap Match against the Hart Dynasty.

5) Hart Dynasty defeated Eric Escobar in a Handicap Match following a springboard Hart Attack. After the match David Hart Smith held Escobar for Vickie to slap.

6) Jeri-Show defeated Cryme Tyme in a non-title match. Jericho did all the heavy lifting for his team. JTG and Jericho both make the tag at the same time, but the second Big Show enters the ring he punches Shad Gaspard and it's over. You could see some tape or something on the knee Show had the work done on.

- Undertaker made his entrance to call out Batista. As he was making his entrance he was jumped by Batista with a steel chair. Batista demolished Taker, hitting him and choking him with the chair all around ringside. He finished with a spinebuster on the chair in the ring. Taker never even got a token comeback.

Dark Match

1) Undertaker defeated Batista and CM Punk in a Triple Threat Match to retain the World Heavyweight Title. Taker continued to sell the beating. Chris Jericho came down to make it a three-on-one until Kane made the save. Taker and Kane delivered stereo chokeslams to Batista and Jericho and Taker gave Punk the Tombstone for the win. After the match Kane chased Punk and Jericho to the back (complete with Punk's cartoon running) while Batista slunk away. Taker posed in the ring and on the ramp to end the show.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2009, 04:07 AM
I love the way that SmackDown! is booked. After Vickie Guerrero and Eric Escobar broke-up on SmackDown! last week, I thought that it would be cool if Guerrero made Escobar's life a living hell. I actually thought of the possibility of a Hart Dynasty vs. Eric Escobar Handicap Match. Hopefully Escobar works better as a face than he does as a heel.

Evil Vito
11-30-2009, 08:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Interesting to see a new tag team debut on ECW of all places. Aren't Croft and Barrera the two guys Hawkins has been in a stable with in FCW? Can't help but feel that Hawkins isn't too far off from making a return to the main roster.</font>

The Jayman
11-30-2009, 08:28 AM
A masked Paul Birchill, presumably as his super-villain alter ego comes down and attacks Hurricane.

I am interested to see where they go with this

Supreme Olajuwon
11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
DOUBLE STOMP!

Heros Welcome
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWw-_BO-kLI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWw-_BO-kLI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ermaximus
11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I am interested to see where they go with this

I concur. Now we need a name for this "Super-Villain!"

How about Plunderin' Paul?

The Jayman
11-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I concur. Now we need a name for this "Super-Villian!"

How about Plunderin' Paul?

Ripper Man

Ermaximus
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Well, the only certain thing out of his new gimmick is that Raw now has yet another comedy act. As if Chavo, Santino, Swoggle, Masters, and supposedly Swagger, weren't enough?

The Jayman
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
very true indeed

DaveBrawl
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Fields must be a popular local guy because he got quite a reaction for a jobber.

I wonder if I could find a picture of this guy. Local guy I've seen a few times has a similar ring name (Bobby Shields) and we aren't too far from Hampton so it would be cool to see someone local get a shot. Guess I'll have to remember to watch this week. :lol:

Splaya
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm very interested with the Hart Dynasty possibly aligning with vickie, or if this is just a short term thing.

jerichoholicninja
11-30-2009, 03:27 PM
- CM Punk and Luke Gallows cut a promo backstage discussing Gallows' transformation. Gallows asks us to accept CM Punk as our Saviour.

I really hope this has a purpose and is not just a one-off comment.

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Even before Gallows joined Punk, I was thinking how Punk seems to be developing a Christ complex. This could be interesting.

Also, I suggest either "The Ripper" or "Jack Ripper" for Burchill's evil alter-ego.

James Diesel
12-01-2009, 02:51 AM
I accepted Punk as my savior the day he got rid of Jeff.

Droford
12-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Even before Gallows joined Punk, I was thinking how Punk seems to be developing a Christ complex. This could be interesting.

Also, I suggest either "The Ripper" or "Jack Ripper" for Burchill's evil alter-ego.

It wouldnt have anything to do with Punks beard or long hair now would it.

If WWE wasnt PG now, Id swear we were lining up for another crucifixion angle with Punk/Taker.

Skippord
12-01-2009, 03:13 AM
let's not forget CM Punks glorious chest hair

Droford
12-01-2009, 04:23 AM
let's not forget CM Punks glorious chest hair

CM Punk is Straight Edge ..just don't come near him with a razor!