PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of the coveted ECW World Heavyweight Championship

GD
12-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Since the WWE is going to wipe out the letters "E, C & W" from their youngest brand expansion, what are your thoughts regarding the future of the ECW Championship.

Should they retire it or keep it?

Skippord
12-01-2009, 02:16 AM
it'll be changed to whatever they decide to call the new show title

Juan
12-01-2009, 02:18 AM
The whole "ECW brand change" thing is only a rumor at this point, so to start speculating on this already is kind of pointless.

GD
12-01-2009, 02:19 AM
It is not a rumor.

Skippord
12-01-2009, 02:19 AM
yes it is

GD
12-01-2009, 02:21 AM
So is the 2012 phenomenon.

Skippord
12-01-2009, 02:21 AM
well that's not going to happen so

GD
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Let's just pretend that it's going to happen and discuss it. Shall we?

Juan
12-01-2009, 02:23 AM
it'll be changed to whatever they decide to call the new show title

GD
12-01-2009, 02:34 AM
It should probably be unified with an existing title. Let the new brand carry a more respectable belt with a rich history like the Intercontinental title.

James Diesel
12-01-2009, 02:38 AM
That show is essentially a national televised developmental territory. In other words one small step above FCW

It's not going to get any great respect or "lineage"

The Jayman
12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
if they do change ECW then they will just change the title to whatever the show will be called

Mr. Nerfect
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
The title will probably just change its name and design and keep the lineage. I would not be opposed to seeing the ECW Champion leave ECW, and that title find itself unified with the WWE Championship, though. That way the WWE Title can technically have the WCW and ECW Title histories desolved into it. Create a new title for the new brand, and hopefully have a credible main eventer hold it. :lol:

GD
12-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I see a draft coming.

Testicle
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
They will probably have Hornswoggle beat Christian clean and then basically have the title disappear like they did with the cruiserwieght belt.

This sounds like something Vinnie Mac would approve of.

Xero
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
The title will probably just change its name and design and keep the lineage. I would not be opposed to seeing the ECW Champion leave ECW, and that title find itself unified with the WWE Championship, though. That way the WWE Title can technically have the WCW and ECW Title histories desolved into it. Create a new title for the new brand, and hopefully have a credible main eventer hold it. :lol:

How could they keep the design? The thing has giant "ECW" letters scrawled across it as one of its main features.

XCaliber
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
They should retire it and start from scratch the WHC has none of WCW's lineage so why should this one?

Cool King
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Since the WWE is going to wipe out the letters "E, C & W" from their youngest brand expansion, what are your thoughts regarding the future of the ECW Championship.

Should they retire it or keep it?

This is the first I've heard of this rumour. :-\

But I've always thought that a name change would help the 3rd Brand, because let's be honest, there is absolutly nothing "Extreme" about ECW now.

I've always thought that if they did change the name of ECW, they couldn't always just change the "E" in ECW to mean "Entertaining". Which I think after creating a new belt with giant letters on the front that spell out ECW, is the only way to go if they don't want to waste money on creating an expensive belt, only to use it for just over a year now. :-\

But if they want to get rid of the letters "E", "C" and "W" altogether, then they'll probably not bother making a new name for it but revive some old show like Heat or Velocity and make that the new name/brand. Another thing I've always thought might be a good idea.

Kane Knight
12-01-2009, 12:12 PM
They've been trying to wipe out the "W" for years.

GD
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
They need to kill ECW. I think they should have done it at Survivor Series. And the very next night have Vince announce a Raw & Smackdown caliber brand.