PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Are Wrestler's theme songs being properly matched with their personna's?

Heyman
12-01-2009, 10:56 PM
QUESTION - Are Wrestler's theme songs being properly matched with their personna's?

In my opinion, no....not in all of the cases.

Case in point - Jack Swagger. Another example - Sheamus. I'm sure there are many other examples as well. I think this is one reason why fans might be having trouble relating to certain characters. The theme music for certain wrestlers simply do not match the theme....and as result, do NOT enhance or bolster the wrestler's character. Dolph Ziggler is yet another example. During the Attitude Era, the WWE did a TREMENDOUS with this. Every single wrestler's theme PERFECTLY matched with the person's character and gimmick....and as result, added more depth to the overall character. The impression I get today, is that most wrestler's theme simply do not match and/or are way too generic....and doesn't capture the ESSENCE of said character.

I think this is also one reason why we are seeing 'cookie cutter' heels in today's WWE. Heels are either

A) Big ugly monsters that destroy anything and everything (seriously....is there really THAT much difference between the 'characters' of Mike Knox, Sheamus, and even Snitsky during his final days?).

B) Average sized, good-looking guys that play the cocky yet cowardly heel. This is where we get our Dolph Ziggler's, Drew MacIntyre's, etc.

Droford
12-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Mark Henry's theme used to fit him and now hes the fun loving big guy so it doesn't quite fit him.

Randy Orton's theme fits him quite perfectly.

Those were the two off the top of my head...

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Mark Henry's theme used to fit him and now hes the fun loving big guy so it doesn't quite fit him.

Randy Orton's theme fits him quite perfectly.

Those were the two off the top of my head...

These wrestlers are fine....along with many of the older wrestlers. I'm more specifically referring to some of the newer wrestlers. I just don't see how the music of guys like Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, Sheamus, etc., really fits their personna's. If the WWE aren't careful, I believe that minor things such as "music mismatch" can lead the fans to not care about the character as much as they should.

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
The problem (in the WWE's eyes) is that those instrumental, character-fitting themes don't see as well in album form. I think a lot of people in the WWE today have some really catchy themes, but I would agree that they don't all fit the characters so wonderfully.

It may not be THAT big of a deal, though. The main purpose of a theme song is just to identify the wrestler before he makes his entrance. Whether the song fits the character or not, as long as it's a RECOGNIZABLE song, it has the capability of doing its job. If a wrestler really is tremendous at what he does, people will get behind him for his performances.

Another trend that I've been noticing that is loosely related to the topic here is that most lower level guys will have a theme song without lyrics. Once they start climbing the ranks, they'll get a remixed version that is pretty similar to their instrumental theme, but with lyrics added. I guess when they switch to a song with lyrics indicates that jump that lets you know if the Superstar is marketable enough to have their theme sold on albums.

Nark Order
12-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Disagree on Sheamus's theme. Think it fits him rather perfectly, actually.

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
These wrestlers are fine....along with many of the older wrestlers. I'm more specifically referring to some of the newer wrestlers. I just don't see how the music of guys like Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, Sheamus, etc., really fits their personna's. If the WWE aren't careful, I believe that minor things such as "music mismatch" can lead the fans to not care about the character as much as they should.

Funny you should mention Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, and Sheamus, because I happen to love all four of those themes. Like you said, they don't 'fit', per say', but they're catchy tunes, and with talented workers behind them, people will begin to just associate the music to the characters.

Think about it this way...does "Sexy Boy" fit Shawn Michaels? When it debuted, sure. Now? Fuck no. But they haven't changed it. Ever. That song is just so closely associated with Shawn Michaels that it would be foolish to change it. Why can't other guys potentially have the same effect with their 'ill-fitting' themes?

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Disagree on Sheamus's theme. Think it fits him rather perfectly, actually.

Yeah, forgot to mention, Sheamus has a pretty accurate theme.

Juan
12-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Well after reading your poster's theme songs thread in casual, I can tell you're a fan of obvious theme songs. I think on the list of things that could cause fans not to care about the characters, the theme song fitting the wrestler is somewhere toward the bottom.

People didn't care for Austin and Rock BECAUSE of their theme music. It was an added bonus. Definitely not something than make or break a character imo.

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention, Sheamus has a pretty accurate theme.

How so?

For some reason, I just don't see it.

Sheamus is from Scotland is he not? (or UK). Why then does he have some Americanized rock music for his theme? (or whatever it is).

As far as Swagger's theme goes, I actually like his theme music a lot....but I just don't see how it fits his character.

Juan
12-01-2009, 11:26 PM
It's an Irish rock band. Make sense to me.

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Think about it this way...does "Sexy Boy" fit Shawn Michaels? When it debuted, sure. Now? Fuck no. But they haven't changed it. Ever. That song is just so closely associated with Shawn Michaels that it would be foolish to change it. Why can't other guys potentially have the same effect with their 'ill-fitting' themes?

Good question, but here's my response:

I think INITIALLY, the theme should fit the character. Eventually in deep time, even if the character evolves, the 'ill fitting' theme won't be too relevant (as you put it). HBK's theme probably doesn't fit nowadays, but it damn sure fit him when he first debuted.

For me - it's not even 'ill fitted' themes that annoy me. Generic themes piss me off as well (i.e. Evan Bourne's theme).

Skippord
12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Read the words that are written in my face
Oh I believe them, I believe them

It's a shame that they lost their head
A careless man who could wind up dead
You wear your sin like it's some kind of prize
Too many lies, too many lies

Chorus

These words are true and I'll make you believe
Yeah, you fight for air and struggle just to breathe
And you wear your cowardice well
And I will see you ride it straight to Hell

It's written in my face, the shadows of my eyes
When the devil comes a-calling, it breaks your earthly ties
The land will break and the seas will rise
The wind will rage as it burns up the sky
All your beliefs will be broken and fall
On your final day, cause I'll end it all

Chorus

Sheamus' theme song is fucking awesome

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
It's an Irish rock band. Make sense to me.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that. I couldn't detect any 'Irish' (or anything indicating that he was Irish) when I listed. I'll pay more attention to the vocals next time.

Juan
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
As far as Swagger's theme goes, I actually like his theme music a lot....but I just don't see how it fits his character.

Maybe you'd like Swagger to come out to the ring in a Letterman Jacket and with the old Steiner Brother's theme?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1Gkprmxcs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1Gkprmxcs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Skippord
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I prefer Steinerized or whatever

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Read the words that are written in my face
Oh I believe them, I believe them

It's a shame that they lost their head
A careless man who could wind up dead
You wear your sin like it's some kind of prize
Too many lies, too many lies

Chorus

These words are true and I'll make you believe
Yeah, you fight for air and struggle just to breathe
And you wear your cowardice well
And I will see you ride it straight to Hell

It's written in my face, the shadows of my eyes
When the devil comes a-calling, it breaks your earthly ties
The land will break and the seas will rise
The wind will rage as it burns up the sky
All your beliefs will be broken and fall
On your final day, cause I'll end it all

Chorus

Sheamus' theme song is fucking awesome

I don't disagree with you in regards to Sheamus' music sounding cool. I was just wondering if the theme actually FIT his personna (and for all accounts and purposes, most seem to think that it does). I'll pay closer attention to his theme music the next time I hear it.

Juan
12-01-2009, 11:33 PM
You've never noticed that the guy singing Sheamus' theme has a bit of an accent?

DAMN iNATOR
12-01-2009, 11:34 PM
How so?

For some reason, I just don't see it.

Sheamus is from Scotland is he not? (or UK). Why then does he have some Americanized rock music for his theme? (or whatever it is).

I've always thought Sheamus' theme was just a really cool, slow Celtic ballad type thing...I could be wrong, but either way, I don't see a problem with it.

Also, Finlay could stand to go back to his own, non-Hornswoggle theme...the Irish jig music just doesn't seem as accurate as hearing "My name is Finlay, and I love to fight!".

Kofi needs a music change since they've switched his gimmick from the stereotypical guy from Jamaica, to the guy from Ghana, West Africa. I've no idea what music from Ghana sounds like though to suggest something suitable that Jim Johnston and company could come up with that would be a proper homage to Kofi's Ghanan roots.

Heyman
12-01-2009, 11:35 PM
:o

But ignoring my Sheamus example, I think my points still stand.

I think a glaring problem that the WWE has, is the fact that they have too many generic and/or mismatching themes that do not help bolster the characters of the wrestlers.....like we saw during the Attitude Era.

Nark Order
12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Sheamus's theme is not really slow, nor is it a ballad.

I can't hate you though, DAMNiNATOR.

DAMN iNATOR
12-01-2009, 11:42 PM
<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=580 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/D1Rp8o6y5Z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Have a listen to that Heyman, see what you think, although full disclaimer: There's a guy who does a voice-over between roughly 1:35-2:36 of Shelton Benjamin talking about what it's like for it to be his last match against Sheamus before Sheamus went to RAW permanently from ECW, but it's still the closest thing on YT to a clean, full version.

Kane Knight
12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
The problem (in the WWE's eyes) is that those instrumental, character-fitting themes don't see as well in album form.

Not to mention, they used to use a fuck-ton of production themes. They didn't have the capacity to put those on. I keep finding a lot of the new themes are ones I like, but don't fit the characters.

And I don't think Sheamus' theme fits, but at least it's not Finlay's theme.

Storer50
12-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Not to take this in a different direction but after watching ECW tonight, that Baretta and his ambiguous partner now have the worst theme ever.

Mr. Nerfect
12-02-2009, 04:05 AM
I don't mind it when a theme doesn't completely suit a wrestler. One of my favourite shows is The Wire, and one philosophy they used with music on that show, is that they didn't want something that went too well with what they were showing, because everything becomes too obvious and gimmicky.

Sheamus' theme is fine. I'm also glad that they didn't give Drew McIntyre a kilt and bagpipes just because he is from Scotland. It seems that whenever a black guy debuts, he needs some sort of rap theme. I'm not saying that themes should be at odds with the wrestler or something, but I hate perfect fits sometimes.

Take Randy Orton. "I hear voices in my head." It doesn't sound like Randy Orton picked that song. Granted, he hid behind his IED for a while, but isn't one of the last things a crazy person does is admit they are crazy? The first line of his theme song does it. I kind of still wish that Orton was using the Evolution theme.

Zack Ryder's theme, on the other hand, I think is really good. It's bizarrely catchy, and it doesn't say "I'm a huge douchebag, boo me. I dress funny." It alludes to Ryder's dependence on outside influences and such, but nothing too obvious.

And yes, Finlay should definitely go back to his original WWE theme.

TerranRich
12-02-2009, 04:56 AM
I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a theme connoisseur, being that I run a wrestling theme website and all. I think Sheamus's theme fits him perfectly. It's driven, it's powerful, and it's definitely Irish. Not only does the singer have a slight Irish accent, but the theme itself has a slightly Irish sound.

Swagger's theme doesn't fit him exactly, but maybe that's because it's re-used... the instrumental version of it was Lance Cade's singles theme after splitting and joining up with Chris Jericho as a heel. That tends to cheapen a theme's effectiveness in selling the wrestler that enters to it.

As for Dolph Ziggler's theme, I think it suits him. "I Am Perfection"? I mean come on, it's somewhat fitting.

Kofi Kingston's theme doesn't fit him anymore, for obvious reasons. I can't really think of any others.

As for HBK's... it's true that it once fit him perfectly, and just stuck with him. Kind of like how Triple H's finisher is still called "The Pedigree" even after over 12 years of abandoning that "blue blood" gimmick.

TGR
12-02-2009, 07:36 AM
I was always under the impression that talent had some imput on their entrance music. If they happen to like their music, I think, their music will best suit them.

Finlay just looks awkward coming down to 'Swoggle's theme. I dont claim to be in his mind, but I suspect he'd like a change, at least, to distinguish himself from Hornswoggle.

Evil Vito
12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Figured a theme thread would be an appropriate place to put this:</font>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxBYGlp2LrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxBYGlp2LrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anybody Thrilla
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I would also like to point out that a lot of people HATED Randy Orton's "Voices" theme when he first debuted it. Over time, it became a favorite for many. It didn't fit him at first, but the character grew into the theme song. That doesn't happen very often, but it's kinda cool when it does. Batista's in the process of that now with the announcers constantly mentioning that he 'walks alone'.

No real point there. Just an observation about themes.

Jannettyzilla
12-02-2009, 10:30 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Figured a theme thread would be an appropriate place to put this:</font>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxBYGlp2LrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fxBYGlp2LrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>That thing sounds like it came out of a really exciting credit card commercial. :y:

Jordan
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow Sheamus's theme really rocks and it does fit him. And this Trent Beretta's theme isn't so bad either, if he has a role to match it.

Heyman
12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=580 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/D1Rp8o6y5Z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Have a listen to that Heyman, see what you think, although full disclaimer: There's a guy who does a voice-over between roughly 1:35-2:36 of Shelton Benjamin talking about what it's like for it to be his last match against Sheamus before Sheamus went to RAW permanently from ECW, but it's still the closest thing on YT to a clean, full version.

I had a listen....

I mean....I dunno. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the song, but I still don't know if it fits Sheamus one-to-one.

To me - the theme doesn't really scream MONSTER or DOMINATING (which is what Sheamus is supposed to be). To me, the theme sounds like something Chris Jericho's character from 2000 would have used if Jericho was Irish. Having said that - I agree with what others are saying in this thread (i.e. Anybody Thrilla), and that theme's can grow on someone over time.

Here is one suggestion though: Before someone's theme starts, why not have some have some kind of 'voice' indicating that it's truly is THAT person's
theme? For instance - when Carlitto's music hits, it says, "I spit in the face of people that don't like to be cool." Or even Mr. Kennedy's former song. The Rock is yet another example, as was Eddie Guerrero.

redoneja
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I actually prefer themes that are actual songs, a la ECW and RoH (dunno if RoH still does this or not though).

XCaliber
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Have to disagree with quite a few of those mentioned to me it's almost stereotypical for a heel to always the same type of theme. The only person currently that I would agree with is Drew McIntyre but he's still new so it could change in the near future. The Miz is someone else that I could say needs his changed but it's kinda annoying just like him so it works. One thing I've noticed though is that the heels seem to be gettting the more marketable and catchier songs for that matter go figure. Some of the best ones to me belong the likes of Orton, Edge, Bourne, Ryder, Legacy, Ziggler, Maryse, Sheamus, and of those only one of them is a face.

Anybody Thrilla
12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I actually love The Miz's theme song for some reason.

TerranRich
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I think Edge's theme is a prime example of a theme that truly fits the wrestler it belongs to. It's one of my all-time favorites.

thedamndest
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I forget where I saw it, but there was an interview with Jim Johnston about how he went about creating themes. How the character would come to the ring played a big factor into it. Vader had a big plodding walk that you can hear in his theme. Taker is obviously very slow. Rock has an almost regal, extremely charismatic theme.

If the WWE is using cool, original themes by bands, it is just another thing TNA and everyone else has to compete with in terms of overall presentation. There is more upside for the WWE to have an original song by a small band that goes on to get big than to use generic themes.

I don't put much stock in a new guy's theme. It could be with him for a week. It could be with him for the rest of his career. Once they get the character down, the theme is the last thing to click into place. As far as guys like Knox or even Finlay, there isn't really a reason for them to change because they aren't being used.

CSL
12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, there are some good themes knocking around atm but nothing compared to 'the olden days'. The WWF made in-house themes like nobody else and just about all of them fit characters. From The Ultimate Warrior, Ted DiBiase, The Rougeaus, Demolition, The Hart Foundation to people like The Orient Express and Repo Man, they were all different but completely worked. Nowadays it seems like they throw generic rock songs (with mostly minimal/if any relation to the character) at guys and hope they'll stick. It's why I love somebody like Yoshi Tatsu's theme so much.

Heyman
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, there are some good themes knocking around atm but nothing compared to 'the olden days'. The WWF made in-house themes like nobody else and just about all of them fit characters. From The Ultimate Warrior, Ted DiBiase, The Rougeaus, Demolition, The Hart Foundation to people like The Orient Express and Repo Man, they were all different but completely worked. Nowadays it seems like they throw generic rock songs (with mostly minimal/if any relation to the character) at guys and hope they'll stick. It's why I love somebody like Yoshi Tatsu's theme so much.

EXACTLY. Finally - someone that "sees" what I am seeing atleast to a certain degree. :y:

Thedamndest - I am glad that you brought up Jim Johnson. The guy was an absolute GENIUS at what he did. He is sorely missed in my opinion. Johnson did a superb job with his theme creation.

Juan
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Jim Johnston is still with WWE.

DAMN iNATOR
12-02-2009, 04:01 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdK4vaeLBIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdK4vaeLBIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Now, that was an intense Chuck Palumbo theme ("You Will Remember Me") for his final short run as a heel, the kind that are too rare for heels these days, which are the ones that instantly when you hear the first notes and see the vid, you think to yourself, "Holy shit, __________'s gonna get mauled by this guy!"

Heyman
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdK4vaeLBIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdK4vaeLBIQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Now, that was an intense Chuck Palumbo theme ("You Will Remember Me") for his final short run as a heel, the kind that are too rare for heels these days, which are the ones that instantly when you hear the first notes and see the vid, you think to yourself, "Holy shit, __________'s gonna get mauled by this guy!"

Cool theme and yes - I think think that theme was a good fit for the 'biker/tough guy' Palumbo.

DAMN iNATOR
12-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I had a listen....

I mean....I dunno. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the song, but I still don't know if it fits Sheamus one-to-one.

To me - the theme doesn't really scream MONSTER or DOMINATING (which is what Sheamus is supposed to be). To me, the theme sounds like something Chris Jericho's character from 2000 would have used if Jericho was Irish. Having said that - I agree with what others are saying in this thread (i.e. Anybody Thrilla), and that theme's can grow on someone over time.

Here is one suggestion though: Before someone's theme starts, why not have some have some kind of 'voice' indicating that it's truly is THAT person's
theme? For instance - when Carlitto's music hits, it says, "I spit in the face of people that don't like to be cool." Or even Mr. Kennedy's former song. The Rock is yet another example, as was Eddie Guerrero.

You forgot a couple that did that recently:
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuGUbi3sdtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuGUbi3sdtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSn34LWHjhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSn34LWHjhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Cool King
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Sheamus is Irish.

But I don't think all the themes are that bad. I think most of them fit.

Some that don't fit are Kofi's now that he's no longer a Jamiacian. Jack Swagger's is ok I think, it's fits him more now that he's telling people to "get on your knees".

I think The Miz's theme is just fine for him though giving him a new theme wouldn't harm him at all and Sheamus' theme fits him alot, as does Ziggler's theme.

I'm happy with McIntyre's theme. I'm glad he's not got Bagpipes in his theme and Tartan on his attire. I don't really like it when the WWE stereotype there wrestlers. I was actually quite surprised when McIntyre debued and he didn't have Bagpipes in his theme or anything like that.

Same with Burchill, I was happy he didn't have a stereotypical English gimmick where he wore a Bowler hat, a Monocle and sipped tea when he returned after his Pirate gimmick.

Heyman
12-02-2009, 04:59 PM
You forgot a couple that did that recently:
<object width="445" height="364">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuGUbi3sdtU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></object>

When some cites a few examples, they are not required to list every single example.

Atleast the last time I checked? :?:

TerranRich
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
It's why I love somebody like Yoshi Tatsu's theme so much.

Too bad his theme is a production track. :-\