PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the Dream Match/Biggest PPV Draw

CWK
12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Vote. Closes in 5 Days.

XCaliber
12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Hart vs Angle in their primes would have been awesome.

Nicky Fives
12-04-2009, 09:25 PM
nothing would draw better in Canada than HBK/Bret: The Revenge..... I would have voted for Sting/Undertaker, but it was not there :(

Spaff
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Hart vs Angle in their primes would have been awesome.

easily the best dream "wrestling" match

CSL
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
That is a beautiful username

Jeritron
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I mean, Stone Cold vs Hogan is a pretty obvious answer in terms of mainstream interest and financial potential.

But then again, if a posthumous return from the grave Chris Benoit match is hypothetically possible for the intents of this poll, I'm fairly sure that would garner some attention from both sensationalist media and a number of scienctific journals

Wolfpack423
12-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I voted The Rock vs. John Cena, because that has been one I wanted to see for a while now. However, there are several matches on that list that would be interesting. I like the Hart's Revenge match, Stone Cold vs. Goldberg, Bret vs. Angle, well mostly every match on there is something I would want to see. Good choices. Though, I would have added Sting vs. The Undertaker and Sting vs. Shawn Michaels.

Xero
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
There's a difference between a "Dream match" and "Biggest PPV Draw".

For biggest draw, you need to bridge the gap between current fans and older fans, which means Cena vs someone from the past. Rock or Hogan is probably the one that lands for that one.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Best dream match out of those is probably Bret/HBK.

Biggest PPV Draw would probably be Lesnar vs. Austin. Though Lesnar vs Cena would probably draw more at this time.

James Steele
12-05-2009, 12:11 AM
HBK/Rock would be both a dream match and a massive PPV draw.

Jeritron
12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Yea, if Brock Lesnar returned to pro wrestling and had a Mania main event against Cena that would be a massive draw

Xero
12-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Why would Lesnar draw? Most UFC fans hate wrestling. Makes no sense.

Edit: This was my 34k post.....

Blue Demon
12-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Kurt Angle Vs. Mr. Perfect

Jeritron
12-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I dunno. Most sports fans hate wrestling too, or they say they do. Yet athlete crossovers draw bigtime and get coverage

A Lesnar return would draw big from wrestling fans anyways, but I think given his success elsewhere he'd probably get some outside attention

Swiss Ultimate
12-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Personal Dream Matches: (all wrestlers in their primes)
ECW's Suplex Machine Taz VS. Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar (FTW Match)
WCW's top baby-face DDP vs. WWF's Heel Shawn Michaels
Psycho Sid VS. Rey Mysterio
Terry Funk VS. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)
Kurt Angle VS. Bret Hart (Iron Man)
RVD and Sabu w/Bill Alfonso VS. Hardy Boys VS. Edge and Christian (TLC)
Ric Flair (1970s) VS. Cactus Jack (1990s) (Barbwire Ropes)
Babyface CM Punk VS. Razor Ramone (Ladder)
Harlem Heat VS. Haas and Benjamin (Iron Man Tag)
The Miz VS. Bobby Heenan (half-comedy match/half brawl)
Giant Paul Wight VS. Samoa Joe
WCW Goldberg VS. ECW World Champion Rhino
Steve Austin VS. The Rock Three Stages of Hell 1. First Blood 2. Submission 3. Hour Long Iron Man Match
Feud: Super-Tweener HHH VS. Mind-Games Playing Heel Raven w/Flock/Nest

Dante69
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
The Big Show vs. Andre The Giant vs. King Kong Bundy

FourFifty
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
The buildup for The Undertaker vs Goldberg could have been epic, if somehow the fabric of the space/time continuum could be ripped apart.
The Undertaker is 19-0 at Wrestlemania, Bill Goldberg makes it to 499-0, and it's The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak vs Goldberg's streak.

Arashi Kage
12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Bret's Revenge against HBK is the match I'd most like to see. However, I think that Hogan vs Austin would be the biggest draw. It would draw in WWF "golden era" fans & '96-'99 WCW fans vs "attitude" era fans - the two most successful periods of professional wrasslin.

Rammsteinmad
12-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Are we talking about of all time, or at this moment?

At this moment, I think John Cena VS The Rock would probably be a big draw. In all fairness Austin doesn't seem to be doing much these days, whereas The Rock has all his movies so he is still known in the public eye.

John Cena is, well, John Cena. So I'm pretty sure from a mainstream point of view these two would draw pretty big.