PDA

View Full Version : Anyone exicted to see Bryan Danielson in the WWE?

EDWARD
12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Show of hands?

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes. Very yes.

Xero
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
:wave:

TerranRich
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
No idea who he is. So I guess... yes?

Jordan
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes me too.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!

EDWARD
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!

dude i hope the fans still chant that!!

Inadequacy
12-05-2009, 09:09 PM
It'll be my first time seeing him so yeah I think I am excited

RGWhat316
12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Damn right I am waiting, but also scared that they may give him a dumb gimmick.

Vastardikai
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
*Shows his hands*

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Definitely excited, but still slightly concerned. We'll see what they end up doing with him.

Jordan
12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
<div><object width="480" height="365"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x632w8&related=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x632w8&related=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="365" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x632w8_bryan-danielson-vs-william-regal_sport">Bryan Danielson vs William Regal</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ROH4ever">ROH4ever</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/sport">Basketball, baseball, pro wrestling and more sports videos.</a></i></div>

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Shawn Michaels' boys have always been treated fairly well by the WWE. Lance Cade eventually got to hang with Chris Jericho until he fucked up (by the way, is he still meant to be under contract?). Brian Kendrick got far more of a push than anyone thought he would.

With the WWE looking for new stars, and Triple H, Shawn Michaels and William Regal all backing the guy -- if he is saddled with something dumb, it will be only to test him. However, the WWE are reportedly letting Danielson bypass developmental. That is a rare occurence. Even Low Ki got sent there for a while (technically, he's still down there). I think Danielson will be alright.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think I've actually seen that Regal vs. Danielson match. :y:

Jordan
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-kiUcAdVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-kiUcAdVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jordan
12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
That match makes me excited for a future MOTY. Yes I said it. John Cena can be in a MOTY.

Wolfpack423
12-06-2009, 11:57 AM
That match makes me excited for a future MOTY. Yes I said it. John Cena can be in a MOTY.

He already won the Match of the year in 2007 when he faced HBK for almost 60 minutes in England on RAW. But yes, that would be a Match of the year, that was Danielson before he had really hit his stride.

Jordan
12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X39rVOw_vg4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X39rVOw_vg4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ebrlYe-7NMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

Jordan
12-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Coolest finish in a long time.

Jordan
12-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I was just thinking about it and I got a cool way to bring in Danielson. I wish they would do about three weeks of videos promo's with Danielson targeting Punk, not ignoring their past, hammering into his preachy antics, and how he has stopped those antics once before and ran him away, and now he has come to do it again in WWE.
So on Smackdown! one night Festus (forgot his new name) is in a squash match with a masked jobber. CM Punk is ringside. Festus just destorys this guy for like three minutes. Really puts over all his power moves and stiff the shit out of the guy Colin Delaney style. The guy gets no offense. Festus pins him. Then the tron shows a promo from Danielson saying basically what I said earlier. Then the tron turns off. Festus and Punk are in the ring. The masked jobber kips up and takes off the mask. It's Bryan Danielson. And he's a fucking bad ass and not hurt at all. He takes out Punk and Festus easily. Punk runs for the hills. Festus is in the ring still and gets kicked in the chest 20 times. BOOM Danielson is in.

Stealth-Icon
12-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I have never seen him before, so I look forward to seeing what he can bring.

Waylander
12-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Yep, excited is the exact words I'd use. I'm excited to see how he'll be used, how well he'll do and seeing the success he'll get (or not)

Swiss Ultimate
12-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I was just thinking about it and I got a cool way to bring in Danielson. I wish they would do about three weeks of videos promo's with Danielson targeting Punk, not ignoring their past, hammering into his preachy antics, and how he has stopped those antics once before and ran him away, and now he has come to do it again in WWE.
So on Smackdown! one night Festus (forgot his new name) is in a squash match with a masked jobber. CM Punk is ringside. Festus just destorys this guy for like three minutes. Really puts over all his power moves and stiff the shit out of the guy Colin Delaney style. The guy gets no offense. Festus pins him. Then the tron shows a promo from Danielson saying basically what I said earlier. Then the tron turns off. Festus and Punk are in the ring. The masked jobber kips up and takes off the mask. It's Bryan Danielson. And he's a fucking bad ass and not hurt at all. He takes out Punk and Festus easily. Punk runs for the hills. Festus is in the ring still and gets kicked in the chest 20 times. BOOM Danielson is in.

I agree with the WWE policy of the slow-build. Giving Bryan a bigger push than both Jericho and Big Show combined is not the right way to get the fans behind him.

If anything, I'd like to see him side with CM Punk and join his stable. Maybe tag with CM Punk after a few months and have a Tag Title run before eventually breaking it off.

If this was a less prestigious company I'd say it's a cool angle idea but, the WWE just does not do business like that.

RGWhat316
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Shawn Michaels' boys have always been treated fairly well by the WWE. Lance Cade eventually got to hang with Chris Jericho until he fucked up (by the way, is he still meant to be under contract?). Brian Kendrick got far more of a push than anyone thought he would.

With the WWE looking for new stars, and Triple H, Shawn Michaels and William Regal all backing the guy -- if he is saddled with something dumb, it will be only to test him. However, the WWE are reportedly letting Danielson bypass developmental. That is a rare occurence. Even Low Ki got sent there for a while (technically, he's still down there). I think Danielson will be alright.

That sounds good, but the only problem I see, is one I have seen with Punk. Like Punk, Danielson is a IWC darling. So I really wouldnt be surprised to see Danielson not get pushed for a while just so WWE can say, "he really isnt as great as everyone thinks he is".

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
That sounds good, but the only problem I see, is one I have seen with Punk. Like Punk, Danielson is a IWC darling. So I really wouldnt be surprised to see Danielson not get pushed for a while just so WWE can say, "he really isnt as great as everyone thinks he is".

I hope not. Punk didn't really have a problem out the gate; it was when he started to get pops that were making other guys nervous that he started to job to Hardcore Holly.

The more I think about it, the more I think that I would very much enjoy Bryan Danielson joining CM Punk's stable, and eventually revealing himself to be The Rock to Punk's Faarooq. Danielson would be the less preachy, and would just admire the honour and discipline of Punk -- not so much how he thinks he can save everyone. Then Danielson can tell Punk to shut up one night, and elbow the fuck out of him.

CM Punk, Luke Gallows, Maria (as Luke Gallows' girlfriend, bringing up the past Maria and Festus had, with Gallows now being sober), Curt Hawkins and Bryan Danielson as The Straight-Edge Society?

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a job squad Noid.

CSL
12-06-2009, 04:27 PM
lol Straight Edge Society

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a job squad Noid.

I'd prefer it if Punk's group was made up of guys without the best records behind them. Putting a bunch of strong characters with Punk's strong character just dilutes those who join with him. Punk should be like The Joker -- he goes after weak and damaged minds to form his army.

And "Straight-Edge Society" was what Todd Grisham and Matt Striker were alluding to it being called on SmackDown!.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not saying everyone has to be a main eventer. But people with some level of success in the company would be nice. So at least when they join it means something, and it's not like "Who the fuck is Curt Hawkins? And why is he on my t.v.?"

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Part of the angle would be to hopefully get those sort of guys over.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
What I'm trying to say though, is Punk hasn't been given enough steam to get a bunch of jobbers over. He's great on the mic... and yeah I am down with Luke Gallows, but then to add more jobbers?

Maybe someone with some success previously in the company would be cool, a Shelton Benjamin type so it's not a complete job squad. A Carlito type as well. Not necesarilly THOSE guys, but you know, guys dwindling in the mid card unable to break the glass ceiling. But Curt Hawkins? Come on!

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Bryan Danielson would be okay as well, but not with a bunch of OTHER no names. Noone would know wtf was going on.

Swiss Ultimate
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
What I'm trying to say though, is Punk hasn't been given enough steam to get a bunch of jobbers over. He's great on the mic... and yeah I am down with Luke Gallows, but then to add more jobbers?

Maybe someone with some success previously in the company would be cool, a Shelton Benjamin type so it's not a complete job squad. A Carlito type as well. Not necesarilly THOSE guys, but you know, guys dwindling in the mid card unable to break the glass ceiling. But Curt Hawkins? Come on!

I don't think there's a sure-fire way of "getting someone over" to be honest. I know that CM Punk is a great talent and has more heat than Randy Orton with half the effort. I also know that it'd be interesting to watch CM Punk's stable grow.

Bryan Danielson would be a perfect fit for the Straight-Edge cult because he's pretty much straight-edge in real life and wouldn't have to change much about his persona for this to work.

From his myspace

"My name is Bryan. I barter my wrestling services in exchange for food, clothes and shelter. And money. Fortunately, I don't mind wearing spandex. Wrestling has allowed me to travel the world, and for that, I am indebted to all the fans who support our great sport around the globe.
When I'm not wrestling, I live a simple life filled with friends, family, and outdoor activities. I love music and books and playing sports and learning new things. I don't watch television, drink or do drugs. I will not judge you if you do any of those things. Feel free to send me messages and leave comments, but please understand that I may not be able to respond to all of them. I will, however, try my best."

I really hope Bryan teams up with CM Punk when he comes out, it'd open up a lot of potential for great matches.

EDWARD
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
just found another rare and good Danielson match
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NPL56WVdy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NPL56WVdy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Indifferent Clox
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
ADBD is my fav wrestler so of course.

CSL
12-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I believe the pompous indy fans call him 'Am Drag' brah

Indifferent Clox
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, but I've created my own abbrev.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM

I guess we just disagree. Luke Gallows is far from a jobber. As Festus, he was booked to hang with The Undertaker. Right now, he has been running rough-shed over guys like Matt Hardy and R-Truth. Neither of those men is a jobber, and in fact, both are very over components of SmackDown!.

Bryan Danielson would be new, which does not equate to a jobber. If they bring him in and talk up his pedigree, and give him the same sort of credibility that they have lended Sheamus or Drew McIntyre, then he won't look like a jobber at all. He'll just be some straight-edge guy that CM Punk brought in, who is kicking ass. Maria is a Diva, she should not count as a jobber. The only problem with her joining is that it leaves Mickie James as like the only female babyface on the brand -- but a Beth Phoenix turn would be possible. But hell, they could go the other way and have Gallows call Maria an "enabler," and go after her, while some guy stands up for Maria, and Punk just grins knowing the past between him and Miss Kanellis. Get a more dominant woman like Phoenix to join.

Curt Hawkins, in my opinion, is PERFECT for the group. He's been gone a long time and could use the re-invention. Apparently his new look is right up the emo/alternative alley. Hawkins' character is already established as a challenger. He is not only one of the youngest champions in WWE history, but he is also one of the youngest men to be involved in a WrestleMania main event (The Undertaker vs. Edge). He was meant to be going straight to the top, but then Zack Ryder left for ECW, and he was left with nothing but substances to get him through, and he almost drifted through the cracks as a result. Hawkins could talk about how gifted and talented he is, going as far as to call himself "a prodigy," and how CM Punk stopped his self-destructive ways from getting in the way of his career.

I just can't think of any guys currently established who would fit a straight-edge faction without it being a step-down for their characters. Maybe The Hart Dynasty? But aren't they fine doing their own thing?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
This may seem like an odd idea, but split up Cryme Tyme and put Shad in there. Him and Gallows could make a pretty badass "power" tag team, they'd be awesome bodyguards for Punk, and Shad could talk about how Punk saved him from a life of Crime.

Plus, JTG could feud with Shad, and maybe even have a one on one with Punk, which would get him over as a singles guy.

FourFifty
12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Why yes, I'm looking forward to him being face and being stuck under the glass ceiling under the likes of DX, The Undertaker, Batista, Orton, John Cena, etc etc
OR
I'm looking forward to him being heel, getting an upper mid card push, and then jobbing to Cena on a ppv, then getting lost in the shuffle.
OR
I'm looking forward to seeing him get lost in the shuffle because WWE Creative doesn't know what to do with a persona they didn't create unless it's CM Punk.

Jeritron
12-07-2009, 12:12 AM
any timetable on when they plan to debut him?

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2009, 12:38 AM
This may seem like an odd idea, but split up Cryme Tyme and put Shad in there. Him and Gallows could make a pretty badass "power" tag team, they'd be awesome bodyguards for Punk, and Shad could talk about how Punk saved him from a life of Crime.

Plus, JTG could feud with Shad, and maybe even have a one on one with Punk, which would get him over as a singles guy.

I was truthfully going to suggest Shad Gaspard. But then, he hasn't exactly won a shit-load of championships, either. The guy has also been absorbing falls recently, possibly in relation to the situation where he missed one episode of SmackDown!.

Phenomenal 1
12-07-2009, 12:52 AM
I was truthfully going to suggest Shad Gaspard. But then, he hasn't exactly won a shit-load of championships, either. The guy has also been absorbing falls recently, possibly in relation to the situation where he missed one episode of SmackDown!.

I believe he missed one episode of Smackdown due to being ill....if the episode that you are referring to is the episode where they switched the members of the SD Bragging Rights Tag Team members, he was out with the H1N1 flu....totally legit.....otherwise I have no idea what your reference was here....sorry if I was mistaken in what you were referencing to.

thedamndest
12-07-2009, 12:56 AM
I completely get what Dale is saying. You can reinvent all these guys all you want and the group will get heat, but you really have to look at the identities of the individuals. If you have a group with a mission statement that is too cult-like, your guys tend to blend together so that even though the crowd is booing, they're booing the group as an entity, not the individuals. If you make a straight edge group, the crowd will boo, but it will be because they hate CM Punk, not because the group itself is a success.

That's one of the differences between the RTC and DX. RTC was over, but they used a bunch of guys who were kind of floundering in the mid-card and gave them this mission statement gimmick where it was "Yeah, we're the RTC." When RTC broke up, the players went back to doing nothing. Same with DOA and Los Boriquas. With DX you had a group that was successful and you had individuals that continued to be successful (relative to the other groups I mentioned) because they had identities that weren't derived from the group. Right now Luke Gallows looks like a CAW that CM Punk brings to the ring with him.

Phenomenal 1
12-07-2009, 12:59 AM
a CAW.....now thats Simply Priceless!!! :y: :y: :y:

Destor
12-07-2009, 01:11 AM
i am very excited yes

Fignuts
12-07-2009, 01:12 AM
No.

Destor
12-07-2009, 01:17 AM
you can burn in hell figgy

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I guess we just disagree. Luke Gallows is far from a jobber. As Festus, he was booked to hang with The Undertaker. Right now, he has been running rough-shed over guys like Matt Hardy and R-Truth. Neither of those men is a jobber, and in fact, both are very over components of SmackDown!.

Bryan Danielson would be new, which does not equate to a jobber. If they bring him in and talk up his pedigree, and give him the same sort of credibility that they have lended Sheamus or Drew McIntyre, then he won't look like a jobber at all. He'll just be some straight-edge guy that CM Punk brought in, who is kicking ass. Maria is a Diva, she should not count as a jobber. The only problem with her joining is that it leaves Mickie James as like the only female babyface on the brand -- but a Beth Phoenix turn would be possible. But hell, they could go the other way and have Gallows call Maria an "enabler," and go after her, while some guy stands up for Maria, and Punk just grins knowing the past between him and Miss Kanellis. Get a more dominant woman like Phoenix to join.

Curt Hawkins, in my opinion, is PERFECT for the group. He's been gone a long time and could use the re-invention. Apparently his new look is right up the emo/alternative alley. Hawkins' character is already established as a challenger. He is not only one of the youngest champions in WWE history, but he is also one of the youngest men to be involved in a WrestleMania main event (The Undertaker vs. Edge). He was meant to be going straight to the top, but then Zack Ryder left for ECW, and he was left with nothing but substances to get him through, and he almost drifted through the cracks as a result. Hawkins could talk about how gifted and talented he is, going as far as to call himself "a prodigy," and how CM Punk stopped his self-destructive ways from getting in the way of his career.

I just can't think of any guys currently established who would fit a straight-edge faction without it being a step-down for their characters. Maybe The Hart Dynasty? But aren't they fine doing their own thing?

At the end of the day people view Festus as a jobber because when he was "hanging" with the Undertaker (aka losing to him) it was a long time ago, since then he's lost a lot, and not been on t.v. Have you seen what's happened to Jesse?

Bryan Danielson is a no name guy. They can build him all they like and I am down with him being there, but noone knows who the fuck he is.

You can't have a stable where it's Festus, Danielson and Curt Hawkins. Jesus. We already have legacy... how about a stable where guys aren't total lackies? Dibiase and Rhodes had their little run against DX but at the end of the day they're just souped up lackies.

It would be cool if someone who's of higher profile like William Regal or something joined the group. I know he has his little stable in ECW but he'd be awesome with Punk. Regal isn't mega over but the audience at least has the slightest fucking clue who he is lol.

Curt Hawkins? Really? lol. Damnit Noid.

Mr. Pierre
12-07-2009, 02:10 AM
I think Matt Hardy would have been a good fit if they had kept him heel, as he would dedicate his life to the straight-edged life style after seeing his brother's fall due to drugs.

The whole Jeff referencing has been beaten, I know, but I think it would have worked well in Matt's case, at least for his introduction to the stable.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Danielson..as for his debut..I'd really just like to see him get over the simple way and have good, hard fought matches on ECW or SD! as a babyface against mid-carders and win over the audience in a "I respect this guy" type of deal.

.44 Magdalene
12-07-2009, 02:21 AM
I think I'm more concerned than excited. I'm hopeful, but... I'm not sure why at this point.

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
People know who he is. If you are a wrestling fan and you have access to the net, chances are you know who he is.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2009, 10:32 AM
:| Have you seen the WWE's fan base?

Jordan
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
WWE now is more "old school" than ever before, and they are using some sharp old school booking tactics to get the new guys over. I think that WWE must know what potential they have in Bryan Danielson, and unless they give him a horrible gimmick I think that he will succeed. He is one of the only guys who could go out there with a gimmick like Escobar, or Ziggler, or Swagger, and actually get it over just because his wrestling is so good. Just watch that Velocity match with Cena, that was years ago, before Cena was huge, and listen to the crowd pop for Danielson's offense. Now that was I belive 2003 or so, he is about 10 times more experienced and really more than a ring general, he is a ring Captian. Finlay gets over because he is a bad ass, American Dragon will do they same, and then some. They didn't waste Punk they won't waste Dragon.

Jordan
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I am very optimistic when it comes to wrestling.

EDWARD
12-07-2009, 12:30 PM
yea Jordn X i was thinking the same thing. when cm punk came to the wwe from the indy scene, everyone knew who he was because of the big impact he made, so since Am Drag is way more popular than cm punk was AND he is the superior wrestler, it's only common sense that Danielson won't be wasted.

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Chris Hero, davey Richards, the briscoes, Young bucks, Steen and Generico, OMega, Kenny King, and Austin Aries are the future.

Jordan
12-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I would say you are right when it comes to Aries, I can't really see WWE using any other the others except maybe the Briscoe's or Steen and Generico. Richards should really go to TNA if he wants a good career. The Young Bucks are way to rednecky for WWE.

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
No Hero?

CSL
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Aries, The Briscoes, Kenny King and Hero could do a job for Vince at some point fo sho

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Chris Hero, davey Richards, the briscoes, Young bucks, Steen and Generico, OMega, Kenny King, and Austin Aries are the future.

They're the "now" of the indies. But what makes you think they're giong to be anything more than they already are? We aren't in a landscape where these successful indy guys are given a platform to succeed.

It sucks, but it's the truth.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
CM Punk thus far has been the only acception. And even then, it has been good success. Not glass ceiling breaking success. He's beaten Jeff Hardy and that's pretty much it.

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
. I feel like each one of those names or teams i mentioned has the ability to get to either WWE or TNA. I don't think that kevin steen or el generico or either of the young bucks could make it on their own, but I mean the hardy's don't exactly look like the traditional pro wrestler, neither do a bunch of guys in WWE. these guys have amazing charisma and have nowhere to go but up or out.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
The fact that Hero has not been signed by the WWE is a damn shame.

Jordan
12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I am so iffy on Hero. Number one is his tights, I hate them, he just does not ever match and it is an eyesore and very cheap looking. Also, he isn't very graceful which seems to come off like a pro wrestler from the 70's like Brody(not really a bad thing, but he would have to be in FCW for over a year I think). I just don't see him in WWE or having success with TNA.

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Have you not seen him as of late?

Heros Welcome
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Hero has been getting into better shape every time I see him. He's been lookin sharp, and I do think he soon will get the call from the E. And yes I do think he can make it!

Heros Welcome
12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
but to answer the question at hand, I am VERY excited to see Dragon in the WWE!

CSL
12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'd be suprised if he wasn't the next ROH guy to go except for maybe Claudio

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh he'll be bigger than punk one day

Hanso Amore
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
God some of you are losers

Mr. Nerfect
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
At the end of the day people view Festus as a jobber because when he was "hanging" with the Undertaker (aka losing to him) it was a long time ago, since then he's lost a lot, and not been on t.v. Have you seen what's happened to Jesse?

Bryan Danielson is a no name guy. They can build him all they like and I am down with him being there, but noone knows who the fuck he is.

You can't have a stable where it's Festus, Danielson and Curt Hawkins. Jesus. We already have legacy... how about a stable where guys aren't total lackies? Dibiase and Rhodes had their little run against DX but at the end of the day they're just souped up lackies.

It would be cool if someone who's of higher profile like William Regal or something joined the group. I know he has his little stable in ECW but he'd be awesome with Punk. Regal isn't mega over but the audience at least has the slightest fucking clue who he is lol.

Curt Hawkins? Really? lol. Damnit Noid.

Jesse is playing a comedy gimmick. Festus is playing a serious bad-ass role. Because of his size, Festus will get over as "Luke Gallows." Danielson may be a no-name guy, but you debut him strongly and suddenly he's a name. I don't see the problem there. Fuck, put him over John Morrison and talk about what an upset it is, and suddenly people care about him and his individual program with Morrison, as well as his part in Punk's army.

I get that you think they need a "name," but who would join? Shad has been thrown around, and he is a possibility. But he sort of makes Luke Gallows as the muscle redundant. Matt Hardy could join, but it'd be Matt playing second-fiddle, it'd be another heel turn. It could be cool, but what would Matt do with the role? Win the IC Title? Matt is surely above that by this stage in his career.

thedamndest is correct in what he is saying, but I think that "low-level guys going cult for Punk" thing is actually the best way to do it. The straight-edge thing is not going to work for every main eventer. It's Punk's story, and if you give that to another top star, it drains that away from Punk. Especially if you focus on them as individuals within the role.

The problem would be making sure that Punk's minions don't fade away into the character, and that could be easily avoided. Danielson could feud with Morrison, and that set of matches would be MOTY quality stuff. After that, people will be begging to see Danielson turn on Punk. Curt Hawkins has got a history with quite a few characters on the WWE roster. Zack Ryder is on ECW, granted, but Hawkins could start showing up on ECW and trying to convince Ryder to change his ways, or whatever.

If it were up to me, we'd be seeing an entirely different group based around CM Punk right now (one sponsored by Vince McMahon, including Drew McIntyre and Kane as the muscle), but I don't think a "Straight-Edge Army" consisting of main event guys is going to work.

thedamndest
12-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't mind Shad and Luke Gallows in the group. The nWo had the Giant and Kevin Nash.

I would love to see a promo between Jericho and Punk. Jericho would call Punk a hypocrite for preaching to everyone about being drug-free when he has a Pepsi logo tattooed on his arm. He's clearly addicted to caffeine and that makes him a hypocrite and a sell out. It writes itself.

Mr. Nerfect
12-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't mind Shad and Luke Gallows in the group. The nWo had the Giant and Kevin Nash.

I would love to see a promo between Jericho and Punk. Jericho would call Punk a hypocrite for preaching to everyone about being drug-free when he has a Pepsi logo tattooed on his arm. He's clearly addicted to caffeine and that makes him a hypocrite and a sell out. It writes itself.

That would be vastly entertaining, actually. I've been thinking about ways Jericho could turn face without becoming "goof" Jericho again. Heel Jericho is awesome, but the character constantly evolving could be cool. Punk vs. Jericho could even work as heel vs. heel if they market it as two of the most hated entities in the WWE destroying themselves.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I didn't say main eventers, I said a Carlito, Shelton or Regal type :|

Read what I am saying Noid.

Jordan
12-11-2009, 02:50 AM
I just had a thought, what if Danielson makes his debut at the Rumble, and fucking wins! That would be the best thing ever. I mean seriously, that would really set my year off to a good start. I know that is kind of lame, but if something that cool happened, I would feel good about 2010.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2009, 03:59 AM
I didn't say main eventers, I said a Carlito, Shelton or Regal type :|

Read what I am saying Noid.

Alright, but who? Shelton Benjamin would make sense, but right now he seems to be on a bit of a quasi-main event push (by ECW standards). Carlito could join, but he's looked like a joke lately. Honestly, if Danielson were to debut on RAW, I think one of the first people he would go over would be Carlito. Regal's also got his own stuff going on.

The WWE seem to have this thing with mid-carders currently where they either seem to be high for mid-card, or low for mid-card. Seriously, if you debut Curt Hawkins as one of the youngest champions in WWE history, one of the youngest men to ever be involved in a WrestleMania main event, and a former protoge of Edge, he would have just as much credibility as a Carlito type.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2009, 04:01 AM
I just had a thought, what if Danielson makes his debut at the Rumble, and fucking wins! That would be the best thing ever. I mean seriously, that would really set my year off to a good start. I know that is kind of lame, but if something that cool happened, I would feel good about 2010.

It's pure fantasy, but if the WWE were ever going to debut a new guy straight to the top -- Bryan Danielson would be one of the best candidates. He's got a pedigree, he's spent years in the business, he's got ties to lockerroom leaders, and he lives a clean lifestyle. Oh, and he is a tremendous worker.

If Danielson debuted and won the Royal Rumble or a World Title in his first match, it would be something that instantly grabbed people's attention with him. I don't think people would tune out. But it's just not the way the WWE works. Danielson is reportedly receiving other priviledges, though (like bypassing developmental).

Indifferent Clox
12-11-2009, 10:33 PM
i would like nothing better than Danielson to win the rumble

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2009, 11:33 PM
My God, I would jizz over a Shawn Michaels vs. Bryan Danielson for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels can just win a Beat the Clock Challenge to qualify for the Rumble title shot by kicking some guy with Sweet Chin Music as the bell rings and getting the pin.

Then have Bryan Danielson enter the Rumble at #24, as Matt Striker can tell us on commentary "I've heard a lot about this guy! The Board of Directors gave him this Rumble spot because they expect big things from him!" John Cena enters the Rumble, as well, seeing as he is no longer WWE Champion. Have the final two in the match be Danielson and Cena. Danielson then manages to dump Cena over, and out comes Shawn Michaels to stare-down Danielson as Striker alludes to the history those two men share.

It'd NEVER happen, but it would be oddly captivating if it did.

Inadequacy
12-11-2009, 11:35 PM
oddly captivating

You should make this your user title

Indifferent Clox
12-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I think cena should get german suplexed over the top

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I would also love it if John Cena entered the Royal Rumble, and everyone in the Rumble just turned on him, and dumped him out.

addy2hotty
12-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Noid, you even break your own records for ridiculous fantastical nonsense in this thread.

Luke Gallows will never be over. Even if he's with Cumshot Punk. In fact, the entire notion of Gallows being over makes me laugh.

erickman
12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
It's pure fantasy, but if the WWE were ever going to debut a new guy straight to the top -- Bryan Danielson would be one of the best candidates. He's got a pedigree, he's spent years in the business, he's got ties to lockerroom leaders, and he lives a clean lifestyle. Oh, and he is a tremendous worker.

If Danielson debuted and won the Royal Rumble or a World Title in his first match, it would be something that instantly grabbed people's attention with him. I don't think people would tune out. But it's just not the way the WWE works. Danielson is reportedly receiving other priviledges, though (like bypassing developmental).

yea i would love to see wwe push him like tna did with wolfe.

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Noid, you even break your own records for ridiculous fantastical nonsense in this thread.

Luke Gallows will never be over. Even if he's with Cumshot Punk. In fact, the entire notion of Gallows being over makes me laugh.

Did you even see his shtick as Festus? Dude was over.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Noid have you watched wrestling from before 2002?