PDA

View Full Version : Where dose Team 3D belong in the history of great tag teams?

Rollermacka
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3LFQCBVhR4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3LFQCBVhR4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like the way that Jesse Neal now looks like Giant Bernard and Tomko's retarded love child. Anyways, where do you think that Team 3D/ Dudley Boys should be remembered in the history of great tag teams? I liked the Dudley Boys in WWE and ECW (I miss studdering Bubba and angry D-Von), but as far as today I dont think that they have evolved any as a tag team. I dont think that they have even really stayed steady like the Rock N Roll Express or LOD have done in the past. So do you think that team 3D should be called "the greatest of all time"?

Droford
12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I learned quickly that they hate the Duds around here..

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Great in ECW. Unfortunately, as time went on, they lost ALOT of what made them great. They became way to gimickied in WWE, and they've stuck with it. I think the only reason they'll be remembered is because they are one of the last tag teams that started as (for the most part), and will probably end, as a team.

KayfabeMan
12-05-2009, 11:06 PM
The Dudleys definitely belong in the top 20 tag teams of all-time, maybe top 15 - not necessarily the top 10.

Lock Jaw
12-05-2009, 11:10 PM
They've been pretty good in TNA when heels.

jskinnyg
12-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I say in the top 10 for sure.. Prob no. 10...

Jordan
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
They are up there, once there was a time when they could be in a main event and make it work. But now I feel like they are way too bland and not very cool.

Jannettyzilla
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
How many dose threads can this board have before people learn to spell?

Sixx
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I've always wondered, how are they brothers? I mean, what's the story to explain this?

Inadequacy
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Hmmm, where dose they?

Lock Jaw
12-06-2009, 12:22 AM
UNO DOSE ADIOS

Vastardikai
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
I think I had an unofficial top 10 where I forgot about the Bulldogs that didn't even include Team 3D.

1. Road Warriors
2. Midnight Express
3. Anderson and Blanchard
4. Hart Foundation
5. Rock n Roll Express
6. Steve "Dr. Death" Williams and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy
7. The Steiner Brothers
8. Edge/Christian
9. The Freebirds
10. Harlem Heat.

In retrospect, I'd put the Bulldogs in at #4 in place of the Hart Foundation. Dudleys are probably #12 or 13.

Brian Bee
12-06-2009, 02:27 AM
I've always wondered, how are they brothers? I mean, what's the story to explain this?

Half-brothers, same dad.

Brian Bee
12-06-2009, 02:35 AM
1. Road Warriors
2. Midnight Express
3. Anderson and Blanchard
4. Hart Foundation
5. Rock n Roll Express
6. Steve "Dr. Death" Williams and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy
7. The Steiner Brothers
8. Edge/Christian
9. The Freebirds
10. Harlem Heat.

I agree for the most part, but I'd swap out a few and switch it around:

1. Midnight Express
2. Road Warriors
3. Rock n Roll Express
4. Brain Busters
5. British Bulldogs
6. Steiner Brothers
7. Eliminators
8. Freebirds
9. RVD and Sabu
10. Funk Brothers
(11. Patterson and Stevens)
(12. Dudley Boyz)

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2009, 03:17 AM
One of the best during the original ECW years, easily a top 5 tag team during the Attitude Era/early WWE era, average in TNA.

Probably ends up around a low Top 15-20 tag team for all time.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I remember one year, Brother Ray was actually a very critical component to TNA. Not from a booking perspective, but he was involved in some of the best matches and such. Really surprising. He's actually a good promo, even if he is apparently an asshole.

Even when I was new to wrestling, and had markish tendencies -- I was never big on The Dudley Boyz. They ranked below both Edge & Christian and The Hardyz to me. I've learned to appreciate them more for what they are, and more power to them for the constant success they have had as a tag team. What they provide now is legitimacy. They're a throw-back to the old tag days; so when they're in a tag division, it adds a bit of credibility.

Rammsteinmad
12-06-2009, 09:43 AM
I could happily live with it if they were announced as the greatest tag team in history.

Easily top ten in my opinion.

Wolfpack423
12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I like the Dudley Boyz and I would consider them one of the best tag teams ever. There are so many good ones, but I think the Dudleys have managed to stand out over the years. My favorite run of theres was 2001, though I loved their in ring banter with fans before matches in ECW. I haven't liked many of their TNA battles, with the exception of the Beer Money and Christian and Rhino feuds.

J Dogg Funk
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I think too many people tend to forget how entertaining the Dudley Boyz. If you can forget most of the TNA stuff and the very late WWE, to me they were one of the most entertaining teams ever. Forget the technical stuff, on pure entertainment, they are top 5. And I noticed on the list the Hardyz get no love at all. Keep in mind, the WWE had the Hardyz, Dudleys and Edge/Christian all at the same time. Too me, TLC 2 may have been one of the most entertaining matches I have ever seen. Whenever one of my non-wrestler fans asks me why I like Pro Wrestling so much, all I have to do is pop in the DVD and show them that match.

FourFifty
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Team 3D/The Dudley Boyz are the greatest/most successful one trick pony in the history of gimmicky tag teams.

CWK
12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Dudleys are a top 10 all around tag team of all time no question. I would say that heel wise, they might just be the best ever in terms of getting a rise out of the crowd and triggering their hatred in the original ECW, genius work by the Dudleys during that time.

My top 10 tag teams....

1. Road Warriors
2. Midnight Express
3. The Freebirds
4. The Texas Outlaws
5. The Rock 'n Roll Express
6. The British Bulldogs
7. The Hart Foundation
8. Brain Busters
9. The Dudley Boyz
10. (tie) The Hollywood Blondes & The Steiner Brothers

Providence Peep
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
No one has mentioned Demolition?!

Vastardikai
12-08-2009, 01:02 AM
No one has mentioned Demolition?!

I didn't for the same reason why I didn't mention the Midnight Rockers, the Fantastics, The Fabulous Ones, or The Powers of Pain.

Why should I recognize the rip offs when I already have the originals?