PDA

View Full Version : How to Turn Ted Dibiase Face..IMO

Godfather4Life
12-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Ok so assuming Batista beats taker for the title. Then January comes have Dibiase win Royal Rumble then he chooses to face Batista which means he goes to Smackdown! leaving legacy. So on the last night of Raw for Dibiase, they have a little bullshit celebration for him which then Orton sets up an ambush with Carlito and Cody Rhodes. So now you've successfully replaced Dibiase with Carlito (as a body) due to the 2nd generation wrestler. also giving Carlito something to do. then draft comes around...Orton to Smackdown to fued with Dibiase...PRICELESS! thoughts? Comments? Suggestions??

Tb1
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
That's not a bad idea.

However I would replace Carlito with a younger guy, and add a little depth to the replacement process.

XCaliber
12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
The idea is good but DiBiase is to green a guy to win The Rumble he'd be a better choice to win in a Battle Royale match for the #1 contendership then they can make it look like a fluke. Actually this is exactly what I was hoping would happen a couple weeks back but it was awarded to Sheamus instead. Carlito was supposed to be the mouthpiece of The Legacy believe it or not but they gave the role to Orton. I'd still like to see DH Smith or/and Joe Hennig join them at some point as I have always wanted to see them expand to more than just a trio.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I would have Ted DiBiase defeat Cody Rhodes in with a Royal Rumble Qualifier. Randy Orton also makes it into the Royal Rumble. Kofi Kingston enters the Rumble pretty early, and DiBiase enters a fair bit later. Orton comes out a few spots after that. Orton manages to toss a pretty worn-out Kofi over the top rope, eliminating him. As Orton is doing his intense stare at Kofi, Teddy comes up from behind and dumps The Legend Killer over. Orton is shocked by this, but Ted just shrugs. He did what he had to do.

Ted DiBiase does not go on to win the Rumble, but this has put Ted at odds with both other members of Legacy. Orton is pissed off, because DiBiase might have cost Orton his last shot at the WWE Title; and Cody Rhodes is pissed off because DiBiase beat him for the opportunity. Teddy tries to justify himself to Cody, though, but telling him that they were partners before they found Orton, and they don't need him, etc. Teddy also tells Cody he knows he would have done the same thing in the Rumble if he had qualified over Ted.

At Elimination Chamber (hate the name), Legacy tries to win the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship from D-Generation X, who are Tag Champs, but teasing dissention. Legacy think they have it in the bag, but Randy Orton attacks Ted DiBiase, giving them the win, albeit via disqualification. This officially gets Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase on the WrestleMania 26 card, and Cody Rhodes can be slipped in there as the Special Guest Referee. If he sides with Ted DiBiase, it's a face turn for Cody; if he stays heel, he'd likely feud with DiBiase after Mania. Oh, and just for kicks and giggles, Orton moves over to SmackDown! in the draft the following year, to end this "can't challenge for the World Title stuff." It also allows Rhodes & DiBiase to start existing without Orton.

Godfather4Life
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM
That's not a bad idea.

However I would replace Carlito with a younger guy, and add a little depth to the replacement process.

I agree with you i had said Carlito cause it looks like they want to give him camera time..adding Joe Hennig would be good for a way to make his debut into legacy.

Tb1
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
:y:

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd rather see Joe Hennig debut as a face on SmackDown!, to be honest.

It should also be noted that Carlito is only like seven months older than Hennig.

RKO'em
12-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Ok get this... Cody Rhodes totally humiliates Ted by flagging him...crowd gets behind Ted because they feel for him...and WHAM! Face turn.

D Mac
12-07-2009, 06:28 AM
I thought they were going to do it that time on Raw where it was Orton vs Ted and Orton humiliated Ted and told him to fight back and Ted wouldn't do it. But they went on after that like it never even happened.

D Mac
12-07-2009, 06:38 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cb9lH_eDsto&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cb9lH_eDsto&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Big pops for Teddy.

Theo Dious
12-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Ok so assuming Batista beats taker for the title. Then January comes have Dibiase win Royal Rumble then he chooses to face Batista which means he goes to Smackdown! leaving legacy. So on the last night of Raw for Dibiase, they have a little bullshit celebration for him which then Orton sets up an ambush with Carlito and Cody Rhodes. So now you've successfully replaced Dibiase with Carlito (as a body) due to the 2nd generation wrestler. also giving Carlito something to do. then draft comes around...Orton to Smackdown to fued with Dibiase...PRICELESS! thoughts? Comments? Suggestions??

The only thing I don't like about that is that it seems to strand Cody, and though there's some time between now and then, I don't think he'll be ready to be on his own at that point.

Theo Dious
12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought they were going to do it that time on Raw where it was Orton vs Ted and Orton humiliated Ted and told him to fight back and Ted wouldn't do it. But they went on after that like it never even happened.

That was good, long-term, non-load-blowing booking. DiBiase stepped out of line and was smacked back into place by his mentor. He took his medicine and kept going. If they had treated the first Orton/HHH encounters like that, Orton wouldn't have spent years crawling back up to the main event level. At this point, when DiBiase does turn against Orton, there will be months, maybe even years of buildup to it, which will exponentially increase the payoff.

Ermaximus
12-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Why not just have Ted leave Legacy and replace him with his brother Brett?

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
They need to tease it a bit longer, like at least another year, get the fans frothing at the mouth for him to turn face, and then... tease it for another month or two, and finally do it when it's at its boiling point.

XCaliber
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd like to add that I hope they don't go a cheesy route like have Ted come out promoting his movie and Orton is jealous about it. Randy would say that if anyone should have been cast for that movie it shoulda been him since he knows what it's like to serve his country. Then DiBiase would come back and bring up the fact that he more or less ran away thus starting their feud I could see the creative team doing something like that.

Godfather4Life
12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd like to add that I hope they don't go a cheesy route like have Ted come out promoting his movie and Orton is jealous about it. Randy would say that if anyone should have been cast for that movie it shoulda been him since he knows what it's like to serve his country. Then DiBiase would come back and bring up the fact that he more or less ran away thus starting their feud I could see the creative team doing something like that.

that will only help his heel character i think