PDA

View Full Version : The Champ won't be there for Monday Night Wars 2010

Xero
12-09-2009, 01:21 PM
From PWInsider:

For those wondering, there's been no talk of making the 1/4 Raw a three-hour broadcast. I've been told Vince McMahon hasn't reacted openly to the TNA live special at all. Also interesting to note that John Cena will miss the 1/4/10 Raw taping in Ohio as he'll be doing the Fiesta Bowl coin flip in Arizona to promote Wrestlemania 26. With the time zone differences, there's no way he could make it to Raw unless they fly him in for a cameo late in the show.

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Plus TNA is going to put a dent in WWE rating.

fanatic7707
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I guess that means there will be some bigger matches like a US championship match or start doing some cross brand matches to help promote Wrestlemania. As far as TNA goes I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Steveviscious89
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Well now, just because the internet doesn't know of any concerns doesn't mean there actually aren't any. I'm sure Vince is less concerned about this than he was about WCW simply because of the money aspect. This is also a different day in age for the business than back then. I mean who knows what will really happen. Maybe a lot of actual fans of wrestling will tune in to Spike just because they know it would benefit the business.

Droford
12-09-2009, 02:41 PM
They couldn't use a Smackdown guy to toss the coin?

Ermaximus
12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
If The Rock ends up hosting Raw that night, they won't need Cena tbh.

The Jayman
12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
will Cena overcome the odds and make it to Raw in time......stay tuned

Supreme Olajuwon
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Doesn't it seem odd that Cena is going to be appearing at the event that's going to kill Raw's ratings that night?

Waylander
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Aww no, they're going to blame the dip in ratings on Cena not being there.

Ermaximus
12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Doesn't it seem odd that Cena is going to be appearing at the event that's going to kill Raw's ratings that night?

Fiesta Bowl > or = Raw > TNA

XCaliber
12-09-2009, 03:26 PM

This and it's gonna be live baby live!

The Fonz
12-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Unless Rock is hosting, without Cena ratings overall go south.

WWE will still win the night, but it probably won't be as big a margin as they think, like 1.5/1.7 to 2.8/3.0.

Kane Knight
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Yeah, that's kinda fucked.

On a side note, why couldn't they have sent one of those Cena clones?

Kane Knight
12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Unless Rock is hosting, without Cena ratings overall go south.

WWE will still win the night, but it probably won't be as big a margin as they think, like 1.5/1.7 to 2.8/3.0.

It's seriously unlikely Cena will have any impact on the ratings. Their competition, and I don't mean TNA, might.

Londoner
12-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Who says sheamus wont be at the show?:shifty:;)

Xero
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM

I find it odd that Cena just HAPPENS to have the night off when TNA goes head-to-head.

Cena's pulling a Hogan "I'm worth more because I was gone during the NBA playoffs"!

:shifty:

Heyman
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

You are obviously a man that has no penis. :n:

IF The Rock hosts RAW, the WWE damn sure better have Cena on the show. Even most casual fans know that Cena has talked a little bit of smack about The Rock. Most people also know that a potential Cena/Rock showdown at Mania would be far and away the biggest match that the WWE could put on right now.

If The Rock is on RAW, Cena needs to be there......regardless of whether the WWE doesn't need Cena due to the The Rock's presence.

The Pope
12-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I like The Rock but seriously, he's not gonna stay in the company like hogan is. people are going to want to see what hogan will do for TNA and not what matches he'll make for ONE NIGHT ONLY on RAW.

jskinnyg
12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Dude SOOO glad cena and his god awful orange T won't be there... Bad for WWE ratings though...

Swiss Ultimate
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
They need to have the fans vote for which title defense gets top billing.

redoneja
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Meh big deal. Really don't get how this is a "Monday Night War" either.

HBPunk
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Meh big deal. Really don't get how this is a "Monday Night War" either.

Because two companies are fighting on a monday night

redoneja
12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Because two companies are fighting on a monday night

Yea I get that. Still not really anywhere near a "war". There's absolutely no sign of WWE even caring that TNA is putting on a show Monday night. Especially with speculation that their biggest star (Cena) isn't even going to be there. Ratings are probably going to be low for both shows, as it's the same night as the Fiesta Bowl. Which means the ratings for WWE will probably be relatively bad and the ratings for TNA will probably be abysmal.

HBPunk
12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Yea I get that. Still not really anywhere near a "war". There's absolutely no sign of WWE even caring that TNA is putting on a show Monday night. Especially with speculation that their biggest star (Cena) isn't even going to be there. Ratings are probably going to be low for both shows, as it's the same night as the Fiesta Bowl. Which means the ratings for WWE will probably be relatively bad and the ratings for TNA will probably be abysmal.

The only people calling it a war are hopeful nostalgics really, if TNA get anywhere near a good rating maybe they will switch to monday night permanently. Personally the 6 sided ring is what stops me watching, I hate it so much and it looks beyond amateur, cant see them ever making it with that shitty eyesore on the screen. What the genitals is a fiesta bowl??

redoneja
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
And it's not like ratings for both shows aren't pretty bad already. For the week of Nov 30th, WWE Raw wasn't even in the top 10 for cable shows. Here's the breakdown for that week:

RANK PROGRAM NETWORK RATING VIEWERS (000)
1 NFL REGULAR SEASON L (PATRIOTS/SAINTS) ESPN 12.9 21,402
2 MONK USA 5.5 9,439
3 ICARLY MOVIE: IQUITICARLY NICK 4.6 8,848
4 SPORTSCENTER: L ESPN 3.8 5,670
5 COLL FTBALL-THUR NIGHT L (OREGON ST/OREGON) ESPN 3.6 5,727
6 WHITE COLLAR USA 3.3 5,548
7 ICARLY NICK 3.2 5,481
8 NCIS USA 3.1 4,514
8 PRES ADDRESS/ANALYSIS(S)-12/01/2009 FOXNC 3.1 5,217
8 NCIS USA 3.1 4,450

So not only did two big football games beat out Raw, but so did Monk, White Collar, and two re-runs of NCIS. WWE wasn't even the highest rated show on their own network. I'd post where Raw ranked but all i can find are the top ten.

I get the whole "TNA v WWE on Monday Nights" thing and how it could potentially develop into a "Monday Night War", but I don't think this one night is going to be that huge. I mean, how many of you are more likely to watch the Jan 4th episode of Impact as opposed to the normal Thursday episode?

St. Jimmy
12-09-2009, 07:05 PM
they should advertise cena not being there, then the ratings will skyrocket.

redoneja
12-09-2009, 07:05 PM
The only people calling it a war are hopeful nostalgics really, if TNA get anywhere near a good rating maybe they will switch to monday night permanently. Personally the 6 sided ring is what stops me watching, I hate it so much and it looks beyond amateur, cant see them ever making it with that shitty eyesore on the screen. What the genitals is a fiesta bowl??

The Fiesta Bowl is one of the Big 4 traditional bowl games that at the end of the college football season.

HBPunk
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
The Fiesta Bowl is one of the Big 4 traditional bowl games that at the end of the college football season.

Cool,we just started getting college football live over here

HBPunk
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Cool,we just started getting college football live over here

And Wham

thedamndest
12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Vince McMahon is going to inject the BCS with a lethal dose of pooissssssssssonnnnn.

taker707
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
rumor is Austin will now be hosting

Heyman
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
rumor is Austin will now be hosting

Rumor is Jim Ross will suck his dick backstage if that occurs, lol.

Xero
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Rumor is Jim Ross will suck his dick backstage if that occurs, lol.

LOL.

"Rumor".

Ermaximus
12-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, that's kinda fucked.

On a side note, why couldn't they have sent one of those Cena clones?

Why DO they keep those assholes on the payroll if they never do anything? Typical WWE.

DAMN iNATOR
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I can just see in one of Ryan Clark's headlines early in the day Jan. 4th...

CENA DEBUTS IN TNA (NO LIE, PICS HERE!)>> (http://www.whogivesafuck.com)

Ermaximus
12-09-2009, 08:45 PM
You are obviously a man that has no penis. :n:

IF The Rock hosts RAW, the WWE damn sure better have Cena on the show. Even most casual fans know that Cena has talked a little bit of smack about The Rock. Most people also know that a potential Cena/Rock showdown at Mania would be far and away the biggest match that the WWE could put on right now.

If The Rock is on RAW, Cena needs to be there......regardless of whether the WWE doesn't need Cena due to the The Rock's presence.

Why must you question my manhood sir? Yes I would love to see Rock vs. Cena, but at WM. The only way to finish that match would be for Cena to job also.

Ermaximus
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I can just see in one of Ryan Clark's headlines early in the day Jan. 4th...

CENA SHOWS UP ON TNA AND BLOWS HOGAN WHILE FOLEY FUCKS A BEAR AND TOSSES WWE TITLE IN THE TRASH! EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS HERE! (http://www.whogivesafuck.com)

:shifty:

Kane Knight
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I like The Rock but seriously, he's not gonna stay in the company like hogan is. people are going to want to see what hogan will do for TNA and not what matches he'll make for ONE NIGHT ONLY on RAW.

People want to see what Hogan does? Is this 1998?

So not only did two big football games beat out Raw, but so did Monk, White Collar, and two re-runs of NCIS. WWE wasn't even the highest rated show on their own network. I'd post where Raw ranked but all i can find are the top ten.

I get the whole "TNA v WWE on Monday Nights" thing and how it could potentially develop into a "Monday Night War", but I don't think this one night is going to be that huge. I mean, how many of you are more likely to watch the Jan 4th episode of Impact as opposed to the normal Thursday episode?

It's worth noting that Monk was the series finale and White Collar was the mid-season finale. And of course, WWE usually gets schooled by football. Also, most of the competition wasn't on Monday, so it's more that the show drew less than a 3.1 that's the lead here, rather than who else did well.

Though not doing as well as reruns of NCIS is certainly not a feather I'd pop in my cap.

But yeah, people are putting the cart before the horse. Even if we do end up in direct competition, this is likely to be nothing more than MNW-lite. You know, the point I was making before that Clox fumbled. TNA on Monday Night will compete not only with WWE, but with all the usual competition. So assuming the same parties who watch on Thursdays don't have conflicting programming on Mondays (like Raw, or football), they're probably going to remain about even. In and of itself, this is unlikely to spark enough intrest to up the ratings, though established wrestling fans may watch the first hour anyway. Otherwise, this is unlikely to be strong enough to get any sort of change, let alone a " war."

Not impossible, mind. Just extremely unlikely.

ministrychick77
12-11-2009, 06:00 AM
just promote that cena won't be there. i'll be happy. lol..

and maybe, just maybe... promote some other guys! maybe a group of guys who can't stand cena that need/want a real push.. led by the miz.

Xero
12-11-2009, 06:04 AM
That idea sounds familiar.

ministrychick77
12-11-2009, 06:12 AM
yes. i think it should.. lol. and see? i finally showed back up.

Xero
12-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Yes. Yes you did.

:D

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
When I first read that news tidbit, I naturally assumed that The Rock would be hosting, and then Cena would fly back for a final segment with him after Rocky calls him out.