PDA

View Full Version : Is it a positive move for TNA to hire big name former WWE stars?

Jordan
12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Hogan has stated, and rumours are around that new big name talent will be coming to TNA soon. Some of the names mentioned are Ken Anderson, RVD, The Nasty Boys, Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy, and Ric Flair.

If RVD, Anderson, or Flair goes to TNA sure it would be exciting and more name and face recognition may get some audience to stay glued to Impact. However, with a RVD, Anderson, or Flair you have to spend a lot of time on them as they are big stars, and that takes time away from TNA's home talent and big names and legends who need their TV time, and are valubale assets (Steiner, Nash, Foley come to mind). And of course TNA's young talent like Hernandez, Morgan, AJ, Daniels etc...

So is it better for TNA to spend time and money on already established stars or to put that money and time into their talent they already have?

Innovator
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
No, ratings havent gone up when they brought in bigger names, why should it change that now?

Only big name to bring in that can spike a rating and interest is Flair

screech
12-13-2009, 04:59 PM
They can bring in all the established talent they want, but they're going to have to make changes to their product to really move up the ladder.

Also, the older guys there have to retire sometime. If they don't build their younger talent now, who will give a shit when they have to be in the spotlight?

Droford
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
My immediate thought was "wcw did it, so maybe" but then it occured to me that eventually all of WCW's younger and underutilized talent ended up going to the WWF.
Which might be what happens to TNA.

Dorkchop
12-13-2009, 05:15 PM
To some extent, yes. If they used them properly they could really help the company. Personally I wouldn't want to see it. As much as I find Impact pretty bad I still want guys like Daniels and Elijah Burke (I don't remember his full new name [and I don't lump him in with the the rest of the ex WWE guys] ) to succeed and or grow.

Verbose Minch
12-13-2009, 05:15 PM
No, ratings havent gone up when they brought in bigger names, why should it change that now?

Only big name to bring in that can spike a rating and interest is Flair

Flair won't do anything for ratings. Hogan will, but Flair won't.

Innovator
12-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Flair won't do anything for ratings. Hogan will, but Flair won't.
Old WCW viewers might come back for old times sake

What Would Kevin Do?
12-13-2009, 05:30 PM
RVD would work as his style/attitude FITS with TNA. He could be like a mentor/inspiration to the younger guys like AJ Styles. He at least fits in with what TNA is trying to do, versus someone like Scott Steiner, who has no real place there.

HBPunk
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
TNA will always suck as long as the ring has 6 sides, doesnt matter if they bring in DX and Rock, 6 sides is fucking ugly

Vastardikai
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Best move for TNA would be for Brian Knobbs to win the X-Division Title

:shifty:

Sad thing is, I can actually see it happening with Hogan in charge.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
TNA will always suck as long as the ring has 6 sides, doesnt matter if they bring in DX and Rock, 6 sides is fucking ugly

Hogan apparently said he wants to get rid of it. Major step in the right direction IMO.

Droford
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Hogan doesnt want 6 sided ring because that means he'd have to do his hand to his ear to hear the crowd and posing routine 50% more.

Skippord
12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
RVD would be good

the rest would not

Mr. Nerfect
12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Rob Van Dam, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are four talents I would really try and sign if I were TNA. Oh, and Giant Bernard. Out of those guys, the only two who are really "big names" are RVD and Hardy. Maybe Anderson. But RVD and Hardy would definitely fit TNA's image and style. I think it'd be stupid to not try and get both of those men.

Ric Flair is probably worth the signing, too. Leave The Nasty Boys out, though.

screech
12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I actually like the six-sided ring, it's just too small. I think it should be expanded like, a foot out each side to create more space.

The Pope
12-13-2009, 06:33 PM
RVD will become Mr. Ratings (Five Star Rating)

screech
12-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Rob Van Dam, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are four talents I would really try and sign if I were TNA. Oh, and Giant Bernard. Out of those guys, the only two who are really "big names" are RVD and Hardy. Maybe Anderson. But RVD and Hardy would definitely fit TNA's image and style. I think it'd be stupid to not try and get both of those men.

Ric Flair is probably worth the signing, too. Leave The Nasty Boys out, though.

Going with Noid here. Those four would do very well in TNA. Not too sure Bernard would come, as he is apparently beloved in Japan right now, but he could also do well.

HBPunk
12-13-2009, 07:03 PM
I seriously doubt Jeff would go back to TNA, KK should join, Flair is a mercenary and needs the cash since hes now engaged to be divorced so he'l go there (after his sendoff from WWE theres no need for him back there in a wrestling capacity) and RVD will probably head there too since he loves weed and needs money for that

Steveviscious89
12-13-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't think the size or shape of the ring has much to do with it. If the wrestlers can perform in it, then it won't matter. I personally don't care much for the Nasty Boys, and I don't think many people recognize them enough. It would be wise for TNA to use the older guys to put the younger guys over. Ric Flair is excellent at this, and I bet the other older folks in TNA are as well...it just needs to happen. The only hitch is making it believable that they could actually win, and I know Hogan will work on that aspect because he's been doing it since his feud with Andre.

Emperor Smeat
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I can see RVD going there to boost the X-Division initially then move up to the main event. Not too sure on Hardy since he's already been on TNA twice before unless they guarantee him a title run to capitalize on his new star power from his last run in the WWE. Ric Flair might work in the Legends division or as a manager to help push a new/young wrestler.

Not sure on Ken Anderson but he could work well in TNA depending on what they do with him and if he doesn't get hurt again. No on Moore since they have enough X Division wrestlers and no on Nasty Boys since they already have a decent tag division and won't need them.

FourFifty
12-14-2009, 12:05 AM
My immediate thought was "wcw did it, so maybe

...........Can someone bring on the comparison that someone did with TNA and WCW?

Jordan
12-14-2009, 01:08 AM
I read an article where TNA is setting up the Angle to be Foley with all of the young talent who resists Hogan to feud with Hogan and some of his boys, or legends.

This is such a tough call, because what is a bigger draw Hogan as a face or as a heel.

As a heel I would love to see this happen.

Hogan comes in and promises he is brining in bigger stars to make TNA better for the audience etc... He isn't getting along with Nash or Angle, or Jarrett, or Dixie, or Sting etc... He starts to build a new faction to take over the spotlight in TNA with him as the creative unfair authority figure. RVD, Anderson, and Ric Flair as a sometimes wrestler but mostly manager of RVD and Anderson are now in Hogan's new stable.

They start to turn some young TNA stars like Hernandez turns heel and joins, Desmond Wolf joins up. Maybe Joe or Daniels. Then you have this huge lineup of new image TNA vs the real TNA (with Sting, Foley, Nash, Steiner, all fighting for their spots, and also the young TNA like AJ, Matt Morgan, MCMG etc...

I think it would really draw and be similar but different enough than NWO.

If Hogan doesn't turn heel and goes face it could be interesting to see Foley team up with people who are scared for their spots against the new talent Hogan is brining in.

I'd perfer the heel turn but it doesn't have to be a total asshole heel, just Hogan doing what he wants and not being malicious just trying to change TNA.

el bobbo
12-14-2009, 01:20 AM

First time I tuned in; "Wow, there are six sides to that ring", then changed the channel.

Jordan
12-14-2009, 01:21 AM
The ring never bothered me, I like it and hope they keep it.

Skippord
12-14-2009, 01:56 AM
if the ring bothers you enough to dislike TNA you might be retarded