PDA

View Full Version : History of The World Heavyweight Championship DVD

Tazz Dan
12-16-2009, 01:00 AM
The World Heavyweight Championship is one of the most prestigious and controversial titles in sports entertainment. Its history can be traced back over a century and the men who have worn the gold represent the best athletes and entertainers in the world. The History of the World Heavyweight Championship highlights this glorious lineage from the early National Wrestling Alliance through its current home at the WWE in this never before seen documentary. Past and present champions relate the title’s significance and relive the emotional moments that surround this most impressive championship. Witness the epic battles for the glory on this 3-DVD set in over 20 championship matches including: Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Edge, John SALES & MARKETING Cena, Batista, The Great Khali and more.

:lol:

Not sure why I found this funny. They mention Rey, John SALES & MARKETING Cena and even Khali but no HHH.

The Jayman
12-16-2009, 09:39 AM
what about Jericho?

Emperor Smeat
12-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I thought the current title the WWE owns is not related to the NWA/WCW World Heavyweight Championship except being similar in design. How are they going to explain Cena and the post-2002 reigns if the belt is a different belt?

I think the current one only goes back to 2002 in terms of what the WWE recognizes as champions.

Xero
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldheavyweight/

They aren't, but they sometimes are. It's confusing as fuck and they aren't consistent.

D Mac
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
HHH is in there tho. They showed him in a DX promo on Raw beating the shit out of HBK on it.

Emperor Smeat
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Its going to be awkward if they just go to an unbroken title history when their website flip flops between the WWE big gold belt and the time the belt was still a "WCW" belt when Jeircho unified it during the DVD documentary.

Had they just accepted Triple H's 1st reign as a restart and not as a new belt, it wouldn't be as confusing to keep track of.

Tazz Dan
12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
tbh I couldn't give a fuck about the DVD, I just found the description for it funny.

I mean FFS, John SALES & MARKETING Cena!!!!!!

Jannettyzilla
12-17-2009, 03:24 AM
:lol:

Not sure why I found this funny. They mention Rey, John SALES & MARKETING Cena and even Khali but no HHH.Fact is those three will create more sales in more countries than HHH.

Droford
12-17-2009, 03:28 AM
I asked in RAW chat, does Benoit get a mention?