PDA

View Full Version : If the 1/4 Impact vs. RAW bombs...

Xero
12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Do you think TNA would try to go against SmackDown!?

They could probably have an easier time beating SD than RAW.

D Mac
12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Probably ECW or Superstars.

D Mac
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
BTW Xero, have you downloaded my Finlay RTWM yet.

Xero
12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I will next time I play, haven't played in a week or so.

thedamndest
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't think Friday night is a good night for TV in general. My thinking is that Smackdown doesn't do as well as Raw first and foremost because it doesn't have Cena, but a close second reason is because it is on Friday. I don't know the exact numbers, but HHH and Jeff Hardy didn't put them above Raw and that's about as star studded as you can get without Cena. So as far as TNA goes, they would have just as tough of a time finding a Friday night audience.

Not only that, but the more times you change your show around, the more you piss off your fans in general. They can't afford to lose what little support they have, so if they do make another move it needs to be for good.

Gertner
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
lol don't you mean "when". It's gonna gonna draw above a 1.5 and that's being generous.

Xero
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Well let's say they do get a 1.6, and RAW's rating did go down .6 (say to a 2.7 or something). That's half a point they stole from WWE, I'd say that's a success.

taker707
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
im predicting it now TNA gets a 1.7 WWE gets a 3.6 even with the possibility of rock or hart hosting

TNA loses but sugarcoats it as a success

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
lIt's gonna gonna draw above a 1.5 and that's being generous.

how is that being generous if you say 'its gonna draw above a 1.5'?? being generous would be a 2.5+ then mr.durp

Xero
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
LOL, if they get Hart or Rock TNA isn't getting more than a 1.3 or so.

ron the dial
12-16-2009, 07:47 PM
how is that being generous if you say 'its gonna draw above a 1.5'?? being generous would be a 2.5+ then mr.durp
using deductive reasoning, you can assume that he left out the word "not."

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
if bret is on raw on 4/1 (the right way around) WWE will do 4.4 and TNA will benefit from the huge Raw audience since they will flip the channel a few times giving TNA around 2.0 so success for both

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
using deductive reasoning, you can assume that he left out the word "not."

ASS(out of)U(and)ME

ron the dial
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
wow

you still know i'm right

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
wow

you still know i'm right

How can u be right?? OK i am a huge bret hart fan...
did u notice i meant to say not after 'am'?? :wtf:

ron the dial
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
context. also, intelligence.

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 08:00 PM
context. also, intelligence.

this is why i start crap with ye guys, ye need the last word and ye are as stubborn as fuck, such a bunch of 'scandalfs'. You would argue that the ground is blue and the sky is made of milk :rofl:

ron the dial
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
ye

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
context. also, intelligence .

which u showed lots of by forgetting to write it first time around. edits wooooo

Juan
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
HBPunk, stop being an ass to everyone.

KYR
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Last word.

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 08:12 PM
HBPunk, stop being an ass to everyone.

Some people are moronic and childish tho and need to be told about it. Its happened me plenty of times even when i aint acting the wanker so what goes around..

ron the dial
12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
i was just trying to help. you got all uppity.

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
i was just trying to help. you got all uppity.

i didnt ask for help, i can read english words with my two eyes :eek:

lets move on...

thedamndest
12-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Let's actually talk about how tough it is for TNA to compete against the WWE juggernaut for a minute. It seems like we talk a lot about ratings, and obviously that's a huge part of it, but we should also address something else that the WWE is miles ahead of TNA on: merch. You name it, there's a WWE product of it. This is good for the WWE in two ways. The first is obviously sales. Duh. The second is brand loyalty. Every little kid out there in a John Cena t-shirt, even though he may watch an episode of TNA, he still owns a John Cena t-shirt. He still has 10 DVDs of the WWE. That's a huge advantage that WCW didn't have to deal with because the companies had more or less simultaneous capabilities.

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Let's actually talk about how tough it is for TNA to compete against the WWE juggernaut for a minute. It seems like we talk a lot about ratings, and obviously that's a huge part of it, but we should also address something else that the WWE is miles ahead of TNA on: merch. You name it, there's a WWE product of it. This is good for the WWE in two ways. The first is obviously sales. Duh. The second is brand loyalty. Every little kid out there in a John Cena t-shirt, even though he may watch an episode of TNA, he still owns a John Cena t-shirt. He still has 10 DVDs of the WWE. That's a huge advantage that WCW didn't have to deal with because the companies had more or less simultaneous capabilities.

Dont good ratings = lotsa viewers = merchandise sales? one inspires the other,if they get a good consistent rating, im sure merch will follow suit

thedamndest
12-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Part of it is that TNA's production right now isn't as good as the WWE's. If you had a choice between buying a CD of WWE themes and TNA themes you would go with the WWE product. If you had a choice between a Wrestlemania DVD and Slammiversary, most people would choose Mania. Not to mention the back catalog of stuff (AWA, ECW, WCW, WCCW) for which TNA has no answer.

Steveviscious89
12-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Whoa, gotta disagree at least on the themes. I've heard a lot of WWE themes and not one of them sound good to me. It's all heavy metal and rap crap that doesn't even make sense half the time. I actually think TNA has better catchy themes than they do, but I'm a musician so I guess I tend to think about themes differently than most.

Juan
12-16-2009, 09:21 PM
If you were a musician, you'd know that not all WWE themes are metal and rap.

Steveviscious89
12-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Anyway...that wasn't the topic. I guess you have to define what you consider to be a bomb. Having the same TV rating or worse is probably a sign that it didn't work right away. But I would say even increasing to 1.5 or more could be considered successful. Remember, you can't build Rome in a day......unless you have the money to do it.

Steveviscious89
12-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Ok perhaps the word 'all' was not the right word. I mean to say that most of them are like that. There are some good ones....like the Diva's themes....haha.

Xero
12-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I agree, which is why I consider anything less than a raise in the average of TNA's ratings a bomb.

HBPunk
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Whoa, gotta disagree at least on the themes. I've heard a lot of WWE themes and not one of them sound good to me. It's all heavy metal and rap crap that doesn't even make sense half the time. I actually think TNA has better catchy themes than they do, but I'm a musician so I guess I tend to think about themes differently than most.

Aren't you a musician these days if you own a guitar? Like im a poet cos i own a pen

thedamndest
12-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Even if you don't like the current selection of WWE themes, they still have an entire catalog of themes they can sell. I'm not sure what kind of a cut they get from promoting a band's album for their PPV, but they have that advantage as well.

James Steele
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
This news is quite shocking, and I am excited to see how this develops!

ImpactPlayer365
12-17-2009, 12:28 AM

yeah...i dont think one person in the WWE has a heavy metal theme. and Cena has a rap theme...R Truth and cryme tyme kinda. but thats it Mr. Musician...you would think you would have the ability to determine the different genres of music...Mr. Musician.

James Steele
12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
yeah...i dont think one person in the WWE has a heavy metal theme. and Cena has a rap theme...R Truth and cryme tyme kinda. but thats it Mr. Musician...you would think you would have the ability to determine the different genres of music...Mr. Musician.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x_-IoeSB-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x_-IoeSB-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

The Show Off
12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I never base things on ratings (obviously I know TNA and the WWE do) I just want to see who has a better show. Who puts on the better product that night.

Emperor Smeat
12-17-2009, 01:48 AM
If TNA were to bomb in ratings for the 1/4 Monday War, then they would basically have 2 options to move the company.

They could decide that the quick change wasn't enough and either clean house in terms of writers and how they produce TNA which in the long run means they would be more focused and better prepared as a show. This could then lead to better quality shows and eventually more viewable fans or tickets/merchandise sold.

The other option is they decide to not bother fixing the real issues and either just stay and protect the small local support they have or give power to those who shouldn't be as an attempt to get better in the short term. In this case TNA could either stay for the time being an "Indie" quality promotion or begin a downfall similar to WCW in the past.

If they were to succeed in their head-to-head with WWE that night, TNA still would need to decide how much more to improve and in what areas just to keep the momentum. Worst case is they decide to do nothing and believe they fixed enough while best case is they continue to fix their problems and be much better in the long run.

The Mackem
12-17-2009, 03:21 AM
I think direct comparisons with WCW and ratings are wide of the mark. WCW had history going back to the NWA so they had some product awareness, then they took most of the top stars of WWF. TNA have neither of these things yet, only picked up what WWE have released and are slowly building their own legacy. Hogan is another step up but they really need to retain any viewers that tune in because of Hogan. Good storylines, good matches etc.

DAMN iNATOR
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Didn't NWA at one point a few years back actually have their name attached to the now TNA World Heavyweight Championship? I seem to remember it being called the TNA-NWA World Heavyweight Championship, but then TNA and NWA had a falling out and thus NWA withdrew their support of TNA or whatever.

Or maybe I just dreamed that whole thing up. I dunno.

Testicle
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
I think it would be a bad decision to go up against SD after a defeat to RAW. It would show that they are inferior, if they are going to go up against the WWE, go against their best.

Also as far as ratings go, if Hart or Rock are there on 1/4, they will beat TNA by at least 2.0.

DAMN iNATOR
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it'd take a pretty boneheaded move for Vince not to have at least one of them there that night, and he's definitely not that stupid. He will have one or both there.

kareru
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, it'd take a pretty boneheaded move for Vince not to have at least one of them there that night, and he's definitely not that stupid. He will have one or both there.

the rock and bret hart on the same night, that is a sure ratings winner, but the question is does vince see tna as a threat so much that he pulls 2 aces out of his ass? one of them being the ace of harts

The Show Off
12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
the rock and bret hart on the same night, that is a sure ratings winner, but the question is does vince see tna as a threat so much that he pulls 2 aces out of his ass? one of them being the ace of harts

If Bret is the Ace of Harts what would that make The Rock... the ace of spades?

I will not take this racisim.