PDA

View Full Version : 30 Rock Down?

Fox
12-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Is it just me, or has 30 Rock lost its luster a bit? This most recent season has been extremely unfunny and uninteresting. I'm a huge fan of the first season and the second as well. Tina Fey's writing was very witty and goofy and sometimes eccentric, and the jokes and one-liners all played very well.

Now, whenever I watch the show it feels like I'm watching a group of people who are trying way too hard to be funny and goofy. Some of the punchy one-liners are just lame or way too over the top. Where I used to laugh at their quips and jokes, I now find myself chuckling once or twice during an episode.

What do you all think?

Inadequacy
12-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I think this season started out slow, but the last few episodes have been pretty awesome. I've loved it form the third episode onward.

"This is how I cry now!"

jerichoholicninja
12-19-2009, 02:52 PM
This season hasn't been as good as previous, but it's definitely not bad either.

I really wish they would have continued the story with Jack's dad (Alan Alda) instead of dropping it completely.

Buzzkill
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah the first two seasons are amazing, I'm working my way through season 3 now and it seems like they are starting to resort to dumb gags rather than clever, subtle dialogue.

Think they must have gotten some new writers or something. :(

Triple Naitch
12-19-2009, 06:09 PM
They set the bar so high the first 2 seasons it's impossible to stay at that height.

Buzzkill
12-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Who Dat Ninja?

Champion of Europa
12-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Yeah the first two seasons are amazing, I'm working my way through season 3 now and it seems like they are starting to resort to dumb gags rather than clever, subtle dialogue.

Think they must have gotten some new writers or something. :(

I don't watch 30 Rock, but I am aware that one of their writers left to be a cast member on Community.

Skippord
12-22-2009, 05:51 AM
god Community rules