PDA

View Full Version : In terms of ratings, who will be the bigger factor in MNW2010?

Xero
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Simple enough.

Discuss.

Xero
12-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I think Hogan will bring in the bigger main stream audience but Bret will draw in more actual fans.

Loose Cannon
12-21-2009, 09:30 AM
well it's really going to be hard to tell because Bret already has the WWE behind him, so obviously they'll bring in more. I guess we will just have to compare an average TNA Impact rating with an average Raw rating from 2008 and then see who takes it to a bigger jump.

Savio
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
No one cares about hogan anymore, IMO

Theo Dious
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm still saying Bret. Hogan has come and gone numerous times since Bret has been away. We've seen Hogan on wrestling programs and in the news pretty consistently in the last ten years, while we've barely seen Bret at all.

Theo Dious
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Also I think it's possible that more people will tune in to see Bret than actually know what TNA is.

The Gold Standard
12-21-2009, 10:05 AM

I'm still saying Bret. Hogan has come and gone numerous times since Bret has been away. We've seen Hogan on wrestling programs and in the news pretty consistently in the last ten years, while we've barely seen Bret at all.

Juan
12-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I think we're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves here.

Spaff
12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Simple enough.

Discuss.

you have some neck using that picture of mickie james xero

Nicky Fives
12-21-2009, 11:06 AM

THIS:y:

Ermaximus
12-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Bret will draw more fans overall mostly because he hasn't been in or around a ring in years where as Hogan keeps leaving and then coming back and so on. Hogan is a bit played out IMO these days so I'm tuning in to see Bret. Could you imagine Bret Hart and The Rock both on the 1/4 edition of Raw?

Steveviscious89
12-21-2009, 11:26 AM
As Xero said, Hogan will eventually bring in more mainstream. Those of you who think Bret will bring in the wrestling fans; first of all, the wrestling fans are already watching..haha. I know people who think wrestling is dumb who watched WCW back in the late 90's, so obviously the wrestling fans are in the minority here anyway.

The Jayman
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I actually voted about the same. Hogan will draw the casual audience plus a few wrestling fans. Hart will draw the wrestling fans and a few casual fans.

Theo Dious
12-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Those of you who think Bret will bring in the wrestling fans; first of all, the wrestling fans are already watching..haha.

Here's the difference: I'm pretty sure there are more wrestling fans who know about the Bret appearance than there are casual fans who know about the Hogan appearance. Again, who even knows about TNA aside from wrestling fans?

Savio
12-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Those of you who think Bret will bring in the wrestling fans; first of all, the wrestling fans are already watching..haha. I know people who think wrestling is dumb who watched WCW back in the late 90's, so obviously the wrestling fans are in the minority here anyway.TNA fans are also wrestling fans so WWE will draw them away with Bret.

Theo Dious
12-21-2009, 12:15 PM
TNA fans are also wrestling fans so WWE will draw them away with Bret.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. WWE will lose far fewer fans to TNA based on Hogan than TNA will lose to WWE based on Bret.

Calamondin
12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Even though Hogan has come and gone a lot over the last couple of years, I was still pretty interested in what he'd do in TNA. A lot of that had more to do with how boring/shit RAW has been. But now with the decent chance of Bret showing up on RAW I really don't have any interest in Hogan or TNA.

James Steele
12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Other than the appearance on UFC, I haven't seen any advertising outside of TNA programming for the Hulk Hogan appearance.

WWE will promote the shit out of it like they did with Trump, etc.

Rammsteinmad
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
To be honest, I don't think either will make too much of a difference to the ratings of their respective shows.

Anyone who tunes in to WWE to see Bret Hart will likely be the people who already watch it now, like us. I doubt any old fans are gonna return to see Bret Hart.

Savio
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Other than the appearance on UFC, I haven't seen any advertising outside of TNA programming for the Hulk Hogan appearance.

WWE will promote the shit out of it like they did with Trump, etc.And it was on a UFC show "owned" by spike.

Theo Dious
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
To be honest, I don't think either will make too much of a difference to the ratings of their respective shows.

Anyone who tunes in to WWE to see Bret Hart will likely be the people who already watch it now, like us. I doubt any old fans are gonna return to see Bret Hart.

I know at least one guy who doesn't watch any WWE programming who plans to tune in if Bret is going to be on.

Emperor Smeat
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Bret Hart but probably not as huge as it might appear mainly because like others said Hogan generally can draw in new viewers for TNA that night while wrestling fans would be more likely to watch Bret Hart's return to WWE Raw in over a decade.

Might end up balancing each other out in the end in terms of wrestling viewers.

parkmania
12-22-2009, 01:20 PM

WWE will promote the shit out of it like they did with Trump, etc.

There was a TNA commercial promoting Hogan on during Raw last night. At least here there was.

kareru
12-22-2009, 01:22 PM
there is also a huge TNA banner in times square.

although i would love to be backstage at raw and watch bret hart trying to flirt with melina

kareru
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
http://www.tnawrestling.com/images/stories/galleries/times/times2.jpg

its on brotha