PDA

View Full Version : Simple-to-use Drum machine?

Kane Knight
04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm looking for a computer program for a drum machine, preerably free or cheap.

The Destroyer
04-10-2004, 07:59 PM
The only one I've used doesn't let you save stuff unless you pay. :-\

Kane Knight
04-10-2004, 11:46 PM
The only one I've used doesn't let you save stuff unless you pay. :-\
How much do you have to pay?

Also, what kinda percussion options?

And what kinda ease-of-use factor does it have (if any)?

Because the GMB's drummer is a slacking no-good fu</>ck, we may need to rely on a drum machine instead of an actual drummer. Leaves me to program the shit.

asphyXy
04-10-2004, 11:47 PM
<font color=969696>Use Fruity Loops, make an mp3 file, and burn it to CD. That's what my band did for practices when we lacked a drummer. We played the CD through the PA.</font>

Kane Knight
04-10-2004, 11:49 PM
What version of Fruityloops were you using?

I ask because I had a version of Fruityloops and all I could seem to find were cheesey techno drums.

asphyXy
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
<font color=969696>I use 3.5. I downloaded drum samples from some studio in Finland to use in Fruity Loops. I have no idea what site it was. You could probably find some drum samples if you search Google or something.

If you can't find anything, look under Samples > DrumKits > Realistic for a realistic sounding drum kit. The snare and the cymbals sound like shit, but it's better than techno.</font>

Kane Knight
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmmm...I may have to try it. At least I'm already familliar with the interface.

The Destroyer
04-11-2004, 06:43 AM
How much do you have to pay?

Also, what kinda percussion options?

And what kinda ease-of-use factor does it have (if any)?

Because the GMB's drummer is a slacking no-good fu</>ck, we may need to rely on a drum machine instead of an actual drummer. Leaves me to program the shit.
It seemed ridiculously basic, and as far as I could see there was no way to accurately time the gap between drum hits, just leaving it up to the eye. Probably better off with something else...

asphyXy
04-11-2004, 12:12 PM
<font color=969696>Fruity Loops lets you set the tempo and time signature and has a guide for each bar. It only has 16th notes, though. I just double the tempo and skip a space to allow fast drum fills.</font>

Funky Fly
04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
It's like I said on msn, you'll have to get samples from elsewhere, but it's possible on Fruity Loops or Reason.

The Mask
04-11-2004, 05:44 PM
if you can get a decent version of cubase, that can be good. if you have a keyboard you can hook up to your computer, even better.

you can quantize it and shit too. :$