PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors Series

Kalyx triaD
12-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Although I had interest in part 6, I always thought the game series was "meh". Decent enough production value, but the actual game seems pointless. You slay hundreds of incredibly simple goons for a killcount (to the 500s I remember), and you kill some upper goon and move on. The concept is kinda lame to to me. This goes for all the DW side games including the abysmal Gundam game.

Verbose Minch
12-24-2009, 07:52 PM
They definitely need to do something to give the game some life. They're all the same now.

Blitz
12-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Alright. And?

Kalyx triaD
12-24-2009, 09:53 PM
And what Verbose said.

Kane Knight
12-25-2009, 09:30 AM
While I agree DW: Gundam is abysmal, I'm amused that you of all people would make a thread bitching about the Dynasty Warriors series. Partially because you love over the top bullshit and partially because you could say something similar about most of the over-the-top action games you fellate.

However, if someone did, you'd chew them out with a boring and technical aspie rant.

With that, I must say two things. Fist of the North Star will probably suck, but sell because of the anime tie ins. And we need Warriors Orochi 3.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-25-2009, 10:43 AM
DW is played out.

I, however, still love it. Even the shitty Gundam games.

And second to Warriors Orochi 3.

Khuntry
12-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Over the top bullshit >>>> Dynasty Warriors period.
And the boring technical rants or whatever are reasons why the over the top bullshits games are better than that Dynasty piece of shit or Warrior Orochi crap.

Fryza
12-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Over the top bullshit >>>> Dynasty Warriors period.
And the boring technical rants or whatever are reasons why the over the top bullshits games are better than that Dynasty piece of shit or Warrior Orochi crap.

Calm down guy.

I still love the series, was the series that got me into gaming. It's not something of a masterpiece, but it's a fun dick-around game. I enjoy all of them.

Definately excited for console port of Strikeforce. Four player online co-op with actual bosses, and attributes for characters, plus the ability to equip different weapons and work on proficency in those categories? Yes, please.

LoDownM
12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Hated DW6, they fucked up all the move sets I knew and loved. However 2-5 + Samurai Warriors 1,2 and Warriors Orochi = win. Mindless repetitive killing ftw.

Verbose Minch
12-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Do not pursure Lu-Bu

Fryza
12-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Then you learn they meant that...

Verbose Minch
12-26-2009, 02:37 AM
I pursued Lu-Bu only once. I never pursued him again.

Rammsteinmad
12-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Couldn't they just make 'em more mission based, and not just always running through one giant battle?

Kalyx triaD
12-26-2009, 11:48 AM
If DW applied more action game mechanics while keeping the legions of enemies it would be a fucking winner.

I don't wanna get "technical" about it, though.

Kalyx triaD
02-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce has a demo out on XBL. It supports online multiplayer. Gonna try it.

Kane Knight
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Couldn't they just make 'em more mission based, and not just always running through one giant battle?

Several of them are more mission based. Catch is, you're still running through a giant battle.

Doesn't matter, though. There wouldn't even be a thread on this if the Warriors series was a 2D fighter. Or an FPS, but Kalyx doesn't totally shoot his load over those, so it's not as funny to call him on that.

Samurai Warriors even introduced branching paths that often depended on how you handled the missions within the game. Regrettably, SW2 eliminated them, giving each character a Gaiden/Dream stage, instead. Which isn't entirely regrettable, because some of those alternate paths were a serious case of "Guide Damn It."

But really, what it comes down to is that the Warriors series is an action series at its core, one where you mow through thousands of people with a badass character.

Kalyx triaD
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Shut up and play the fuckin demo. Fuckin baby.

Kalyx triaD
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Jesus.