PDA

View Full Version : Official ECW Thread, 12/29/09 - Last ECW of 2009, starring Evan Bourne and Matt Hardy

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 08:47 PM
NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!

We're about an hour and fifteen minutes away from ECW. Who's gonna watch? Any thoughts/predcitions/hopes for tonight's show?

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Is Tommy Dreamer still under contract?

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Heard this was his last night.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Hopefully I won't tear up.

Oh wait. I won't.

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
It's a sure thing he'll probably job to Ryder or Archer as his final match.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Handicap job to Baretta and Croft.

Savio
12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Nah he's winning the title again

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Does anyone actually know what kind of match this ECW Homecoming thing is? Once everbody qualifies...what happens next?

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I think it's just tournament style and the winner gets a shot at the Rumble.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Then why wouldn't they just show brackets for the tournament as opposed to a graphic with blacked out spots left to fill?

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
It looks like a battle royal or something.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 09:48 PM
On a slightly related note, a friend of mine who moved to Charlotte said that he watched Raw with Matt Hardy last night at a bar. I think it would be pretty cool to watch a show with a wrestler. For instance, I'd love to watch his reaction to Little People's Court or something equally as ridiculous.

DAMN iNATOR
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Dark Match:
*Tyler Reks pinned Goldust. Reks did mic work before the match saying he tried to give everyone a little Cali Flavor and the fans rejected him. He said the more the fans booed him the more they will make him release his primal side.

ECW Spoilers:
*In an ECW Homecoming bout, Matt Hardy pinned Finlay. ECW champion Christian was at ringside for commentary. Finlay worked on Hardy’s leg. Hardy came back with nearfalls after two Side Effects. Hardy missed a moonsault.

*Backstage, Zack Ryder and Rosa encountered Tommy Dreamer backstage and began mocking him. Dreamer grabbed him and said he was sick of losing to guys like him. He said Ryder was nothing but a catchphrase and a bad haircut. He said that if Ryder wants him so bad, if he can beat Dreamer tonight, Dreamer will leave ECW forever. Ryder told him he was on.

*Ezekiel Jackson came out for a promo. Jackson said he and Regal were betrayed by Vladimir Kozlov. He began ripping on Kozlov who ran him out of the ring. He challenged Jackson to get back in but Ezekiel left.

*Backstage, Tommy Dreamer was getting ready when Christian came into the ring. Christian said he trusts Dreamer but asked him if that’s what he really wants. Dreamer said they walked in each other’s shoes and just like Christian came back with something to prove, Dreamer has something to prove too. Christian said that no matter what happens, he loves Dreamer like a brother and everyone knows he’ll always be the heart and soul of ECW. Dreamer said he wants his rematch and Christian said if he beats Ryder tonight, He’s got it.

*In a ECW Homecoming match, Evan Bourne pinned Mike Knox. They tumbled out of the ring over the top and Bourne was almost counted out. Knox controlled the bout but missed a kneedrop. Bourne went to the top but got cut off. Knox dropped out on the apron and kicked Knox in the head. He hit the shooting star press and scored the pin.

*Announced for next week was CM Punk vs. Mark Henry vs. Chavo Guerrero.

*Backstage, Tiffany thanked Tommy Dreamer for everything. He walked through the halls.

*Backstage, Yoshi Tatsu was teaching Goldust Japanese. Baretta and Croyle came up and asked what was Japanese for future Tag Team champions. They said it was their names. They insulted Dreamer and said they hope once he loses, Tatsu and Goldust leave so there’s no dead weight. Goldust cut a promo on them in Japanese.

Zack Ryder pinned Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer hit a flip off the apron. Ryder hit behind Rosa then hit Dreamer. He slammed him into the ringpost and controlled the bout, working over Dreamer’s arm. Dreamer reversed an Irish whip but Ryder reversed and Dreamer hit his shoulder in the post. Dreamer crotched him and made a comeback Dreamer went to the top but was cut off. Dreamer and Ryder did a series of near falls. Dreamer tied Ryder to the tree of woe and dropkicked him. Dreamer DDT’d Ryder and pinned him but the foot was on the ropes. They went to the ropes. Dreamer hit a belly to back suplex but Ryder turned in midair and covered Dreamer and hooked the leg.

Dreamer gave a nice speech after, thanking everyone from the original and new ECW. He said in WWE you are supposed to call everyone the WWE Universe but to him they are all his family. He pointed out his wife, the former Beulah McGuillicutty and his daughters in the front row. He said in his daughter’s kindergarten, they have a listing for what their mom and dad do. One daughter said their dad falls down a lot while the other said he always gets back up. Dreamer said that’s what life is about, falling down and getting back up. He said he is proof that you can live your dreams as he did it in ECW and WWE. He told everyone to be good to each other and to always get back up. He took his daughters from the front row and carried them to the back, then waved goodbye from the stage. The crowd chanted ECW and “Thank you Tommy”. A really nice, classy exit.

DAMN iNATOR
12-29-2009, 09:54 PM
I'll be watching. Wonder if they've got some sort of send-off planned for Tommy Dreamer tonight, as I believe it's supposed to be his last show.

If this is the last time we see him in WWE, I'd just like to say, "Thank-You, Tommy!":wavesad:

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:00 PM
You know what they have planned. You just posted an ECW spoilers thread. Again, anyone who knows the results, please keep them to yourself. Thanks.

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 10:04 PM
What happened to Evan Bourne?

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Bourne is in a different match, I thought.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
And yes, the final match in the Homecoming is a battle royal(e).

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I might not read the spoilers

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
If you're actually going to watch, I see no reason to read spoilers.

Splaya
LOL on Xtian on commentary

Anybody Thrilla
Christian is pretty funny.

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Hows the little one AT

parkmania
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Flipping back and forth between this and the Kennedy Center Honors. Heard that many of the folks who performed Springsteen songs at the event did a tremendous job and I wanna see it.

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Interesting idea, I'd like to see it where whoever beats Christian at the Rumble, Christian must take their place on that brand. So if he loses to someone from SD, in a sense, he gets traded there

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Hows the little one AT

He's watching with me.

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Does he approve of John Cena

KIRA
Matts gettin a lil chunky in the midsection

Anybody Thrilla
Hard to say.

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:12 PM
LOL

Come up with some better questions because those were kind of stupid

Savio
12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
A career is not on the line

Splaya
Sick promo for RAW

Anybody Thrilla
THE FUCKING HITMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Is Savior subtlely trying to spoil this show?

KIRA
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
please be good on the mic please be good on the mic......

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Zeke's theme music is titties. His mic skills are not.

KIRA
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
i know i just heard i like the whole book of Ezekiel thing

this koslov v zeke feud is gonna be permeated with testosterone driven screaming i just know it

Savio
12-29-2009, 10:21 PM
AHHHH!

Savio
12-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Is Savior subtlely trying to spoil this show?
No I was talking about the promo they showed where it said Y2J careers "was on the line" next week on raw

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Ohhhhh

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
It would be pretty silly to hype Evan Bourne all week and have him lose to Mike Knox here.

Splaya
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Gotta love those hard fought 3 minute matches on RAW

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Sheamus was pretty proud of his loss.

KIRA
12-29-2009, 10:43 PM
BYE TOMMY hope they utilize you better in TNA (Raven V Dreamer II)

Skippord
12-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I kind of hate Croft and Barretta

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I kind of hate Croft and Barretta

I think they CAN be good...they just don't have their chemistry down yet. They don't even blow the rock up at the same time.

In other news, how much would it cost for Rosa Mendes to sit on my face?

Skippord
12-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I hate Croft more than I hate Barretta definitely

also I'm telling your girlfriend about this Mendez face sitting situation

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:51 PM
She knows how I feel about her.

Skippord
12-29-2009, 10:54 PM
aww

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I meant Rosa.

parkmania
12-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Rosa knows how you feel about your gf???

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 11:02 PM
My gf knows how I feel about Rosa, you dolt.

Skippord
12-29-2009, 11:03 PM
I knew what you meant

sarcastic aww you putz

Savio
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
he has twins?

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Holy fuck. Was that Beulah McGillicutty?

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I knew what you meant

sarcastic aww you putz

I know, I was calling parkmania a dolt, you dolt.

Anybody Thrilla
12-29-2009, 11:06 PM
The fans can't even do the "E-C-DUB!" chant right.

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Damn, I can't get over how hot Beulah used to be. Now she just looks like a mom.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm honestly surprised they let him have that much of a send off.

Skippord
12-29-2009, 11:09 PM
I know that too

you putz

parkmania
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM

I was just being a smartass...

loopydate
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
That was a very cool moment. And I marked out a little when I saw Beulah in the crowd. Totally forgot they were married. Tommy's done a lot for the industry over the years and will be missed a lot.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Apparently he's been telling people he's going to TNA.

Triple Naitch
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I really hope he doesn't and leaves his legacy as is.

taker707
12-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Raven vs Dreamer 2 let it happen hulk

What Would Kevin Do?
12-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Whatever happens, leave the Dreamer/Raven legacy alone. Neither are in good enough shape to do anything but crap on it.

loopydate
12-29-2009, 11:42 PM
He'll definitely go to TNA. Too many of his friends are there, plus he's a WWE signee, so he'll automatically get an immediate push. It will eventually fizzle out, but here's hoping before it does that we get

Dreamer vs. Raven
Dreamer vs. Rhino
Dreamer vs. Stevie
Dreamer and Foley vs. Team 3D

Basically, I want one more ECW nostalgia run for Tommy on a show that allows blood and graphic violence.

Afterlife
12-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Whatever happens, leave the Dreamer/Raven legacy alone. Neither are in good enough shape to do anything but crap on it.

I would think he'd take a little time to get himself back together if he were going anywhere to work. I don't know this for fact, but...I would certainly assume.

DAMN iNATOR
12-30-2009, 10:12 AM
You know what they have planned. You just posted an ECW spoilers thread. Again, anyone who knows the results, please keep them to yourself. Thanks.

Actually, I just ripped them from the main page and copy/pasted them without really reading anything, so anyone who didn't want to waste their time watching, or couldn't be around to watch when it was on, could find out what would go down.

Remember the old saying, "Don't assume. It makes an ass of me and you."

And fuck you, Juan for "merging" the spoilers into this thread, conveniently right before ABT's little rant, shown above. Asshole.

Anyway, believe it or not, I watched last night without any foreknowledge of what would happen, and was genuinely surprised and somewhat saddened to see Dreamer bowing out.

DAMN iNATOR
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDC_W9Vw7cM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDC_W9Vw7cM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

My way of saying "Thanks, and Goodbye, Tommy".

Anybody Thrilla
12-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually, I just ripped them from the main page and copy/pasted them without really reading anything, so anyone who didn't want to waste their time watching, or couldn't be around to watch when it was on, could find out what would go down.

Remember the old saying, "Don't assume. It makes an ass of me and you."

And fuck you, Juan for "merging" the spoilers into this thread, conveniently right before ABT's little rant, shown above. Asshole.

Anyway, believe it or not, I watched last night without any foreknowledge of what would happen, and was genuinely surprised and somewhat saddened to see Dreamer bowing out.

Two things:

1) I wasn't ranting. I was just kindly reminding you and everyone else in the thread not to post spoilers because this thread was for people watching the show "live".

2) Why the fuck would somebody make a thread without even reading it? Are you kidding me? If those spoilers were posted on the front page already, people could have checked there if they didn't want to watch the show. You didn't have to go and post a spoilers thread DIRECTLY UNDER a thread asking for no spoilers unless you were trying to be a dickhead on purpose. What is wrong with you?

DAMN iNATOR
12-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Two things:

1) I wasn't ranting. I was just kindly reminding you and everyone else in the thread not to post spoilers because this thread was for people watching the show "live".

2) Why the fuck would somebody make a thread without even reading it? Are you kidding me? If those spoilers were posted on the front page already, people could have checked there if they didn't want to watch the show. You didn't have to go and post a spoilers thread DIRECTLY UNDER a thread asking for no spoilers unless you were trying to be a dickhead on purpose. What is wrong with you?

Nothing. Who the fuck would want to read anything that fag Ryan Clark posts anyways, that's why I copy/pasted them to what was their own separate thread, like I said before it was merged in here. Also, not an excuse, but my connection was down for several hours yesterday afternoon and evening until right around 9:30-ish or they'd've been posted earlier. Just settle down already.

Juan
12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
An easy solution to all this would be for you to just stop posting, DAMN iNATOR.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm glad Zack Ryder got to be the one to retire Tommy Dreamer. The kid has got a bright future. Also, I do love Croft & Baretta. They are two of the best workers FCW had to offer. They've both got talent and personality; it's just that they've debuted on ECW where there is like...nothing for them to do?

I'd much rather have seen them debut on RAW or SmackDown!. But that would only be beneficial if there were proper teams for them to feud with. I don't see why the WWE changed their theme music, and why they didn't get a proper tag team name. I mean, I don't really get the idea behind "The Dudebusters," but it was at least a way of recognising them. They could also use better attire. They both look like jobbers the way they dress, currently.

My favourite thing they have done so far is sarcastically question whether or not Paul Burchill used to be a pirate when talking to Tiffany. I'm looking forward to a potential feud between them and Yoshi Tatsu & Goldzilla.

As for who should win the ECW Homecoming? I would have gone with Jack Swagger from the start, moved him to ECW, and let him go over Christian, use that to move Christian to RAW, where he could have started a program with The Miz in time for WrestleMania, and let Swagger feud with Shelton Benjamin for Mania season. Out of the current choices now, I would go with a Christian vs. Matt Hardy match, potentially leading to a feud between the two, which I think could be very cool.

Tommy Dreamer going to TNA would not be such a bad thing. Tommy is actually quite a good promo, and would fit into the whole Mick Foley/Abyss/Raven/Dr. Stevie/Daffney thing. It's a good story, even if it has been going on for ages. Dreamer and Raven have a rich history, and their wars continuing, even past each man's prime, could evolve into a series of bouts where they have to use their heads -- or even choose new pupils to face the other's. If Rob Van Dam ever signs with TNA, I'd like to see somewhat of an ECW faction rise up, too, managed by Paul Heyman.

Verbose Minch
12-31-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm honestly surprised they let him have that much of a send off.

He's the last of the ECW originals in WWE. I wasn't surprised at all.

Anybody Thrilla
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Nothing. Who the fuck would want to read anything that fag Ryan Clark posts anyways, that's why I copy/pasted them to what was their own separate thread, like I said before it was merged in here. Also, not an excuse, but my connection was down for several hours yesterday afternoon and evening until right around 9:30-ish or they'd've been posted earlier. Just settle down already.

So let get this straight...you copied and pasted something that you didn't think anybody would want to read into a new thread without even reading it yourself? Is that what you're telling me?

DAMN iNATOR
12-31-2009, 02:16 PM
*sigh* No, I said before it was mainly for people who couldn't catch all or part of the show due to other commitments or whatever, and they didn't feel like going to YT for a long-ass recap or whatever.

Anybody Thrilla
12-31-2009, 02:32 PM
It's very easy to find ECW spoilers if you want them. For anyone. The internet takes just about zero effort. Just something for you to think about.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2010, 04:05 AM
If we get Christian vs. CM Punk coming out of this ECW Homecoming story, I will be a very happy man.