PDA

View Full Version : Breath a sigh of relief, hogan will NOT be wrestling

kareru
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
IGN.com recently interviewed Hulk Hogan, here are the highlights…

Will He Wrestle For TNA?: “Slim to none, man. I don’t have a deal to wrestle there. You can just think of it as if Dixie Carter had hired Vince McMahon to come in and breathe super energy and super life into the product. Think if Vince was actually hired, what would he do? And that’s the best way I can describe it. … I’m not planning on wrestling. I’m really not. But in this business, you know, Vince McMahon and I say that you can never say never.”

On What He Plans to Do: “I’m coming in and I’m going to take a look at everything from the ring to Vince Russo’s underwear. I’m going to turn this place upside down. I’m going to take guys like AJ Styles, who works his butt off, so that when AJ Styles goes through an airport a year from now I want people to snap their heads around like it’s Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan.”

On Bret Hart Returning To WWE: “I’m so happy to see Bret Hart come in to go against me because he hated the business. He was bitter. He hated Vince. And you’ve got to move on. Positively. I’m so happy to see Bret – and I’ve talked to some of Bret’s family members and he’s excited about coming. He’s excited about coming to RAW. I love Bret Hart to death. I’m excited for Bret to come back. And guess what? I already won again. Because Vince McMahon is now showing that he’s worried about Hulk Hogan going head to head.”

Comparing WCW To TNA: “Brother, that’s the brilliant question. And you know what – and I don’t mean this in tongue in cheek way – but it’s like deja vu. When I walked in to WCW they were producing wrestling on a little teeny sound stage at Disney, okay? I’m walking into TNA and their producing wrestling in a little teeny sound stage at Universal. When I walked in to WCW, the WWF was the monster. They were the monopoly. I’m walking into TNA and the WWE is the monster. The monopoly. There were no choices back when I did WCW. The fans didn’t have a choice. It’s the same way now. It’s almost like history is repeating itself and giving me another chance to do this and show the wrestling world what wrestling should be like. Not to make wrestling like it used to be, but to show that John Cena shouldn’t be the only guy with life and character. Thinking more about it – it’s exactly the same, man. It’s scary. It’s happening all over again. The only difference now I guess is that when I left before and went to WCW the fans were mad at me. “Oh, how could you leave the WWF?” The fans were kind of pissed at me. This time the vibe is that the fans are with me. They’re for me and they want to see this happen. They know that competition is good and that the best time in wrestling was the Monday Night Wars back in the day.”

The MAC
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
nevermind wrestling, he compares tna to wcw as if thats a good thing.

kareru
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
nevermind wrestling, he compares tna to wcw as if thats a good thing.

WCW was awesome

RVDmark
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
WCW was awesome

Until it ended up with a lot of WWE castoffs and Hogan being in Bischoff's pocket. At least TNA wont end up like that.

kareru
01-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Until it ended up with a lot of WWE castoffs and Hogan being in Bischoff's pocket. At least TNA wont end up like that.

'a lot of WWE castoffs'
explain?

Vastardikai
01-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I'll believe Hogan NOT wrestling when I SEE Hogan NOT wrestling.

Kane86
01-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah thats a big fucking lie..................

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2010, 03:15 PM
'a lot of WWE castoffs'
explain?

I can think of one: Jeff Jarrett.

Unless he means Hogan, Nash, Hall...though admittedly they did breathe life into WCW at the start. Hmmm...

Kane86
01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah Hogan also said the 100 percent that Austin and Savage are coming. Are you all really that big of marks?

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah Hogan also said the 100 percent that Austin and Savage are coming. Are you all really that big of marks?

Link? And, I don't see anybody marking out over what Hogan has said here.

Maybe, you're seeing things through a lens of hostility.

KIRA
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm a little apprehensive and hogan just put my concern into words
aside from Dixie and Jeff at the helm we essentially have all the cast and crew that helped run WCW into the ground and thats kinda not good

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
What we need is DMX and the NO LIMIT SOLDJAHS to bring the noise along with those insane clowns, ya hear?

Jaded-Dragon
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
You mean you don't want to see "Finger Poke of Doom II: The Fall of AJ Styles"?

kareru
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I can think of one: Jeff Jarrett.

Unless he means Hogan, Nash, Hall...though admittedly they did breathe life into WCW at the start. Hmmm...

hogan, hall and nash were hardly cast offs, they were some of the biggest names in wwf at the time

Nicky Fives
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
just because he says he's not wrestling, doesn't mean that the plan will be the same in a month from now.... I find it very hard to believe that Hogan will not wrestle at some point, being the glory-hound that heis

kareru
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
maybe in the future it will be hogan vs sting

im predicting that now. but apart form that i dont see any other matches in his future

Jaded-Dragon
01-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't say "Cast-Offs", just a large portion of their late 80's and early 90's rosters who left for an easier schedule and more money.

Xero
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
He'll wrestle.

What Would Kevin Do?
01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
You all realize this is probably just an elaborate ploy so he can get a revenge win against Angle for back in WWE when Hogan had to tap out to the ankle lock...

loopydate
01-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Can I breathe a sigh of relief instead? I keep trying to breath one, but it's not working.

The MAC
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
hogan and his buddies nash etc booked wcw into the ground. Yes, vince russo had a hand in it but not to the extent hogan etc did. If tna reminds hogan of wcw then his mindset is most likely going to follow the same route it did in wcw. Wcw is over and if hogan and co want to pull the same shit tna will be the next video library vince will own.

Rammsteinmad
01-02-2010, 08:57 PM
In all fairness, Hogan doesn't exactly 'wrestle' to begin with.

The Pope
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Hogan will sit on someone and call it a leg drop

Juan
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I will not breathe a sigh of relief because I never cared about Hogan in TNA.

Skippord
01-03-2010, 12:08 AM
why is he going to look at Vince Russo's underwear?

Droford
01-03-2010, 12:15 AM
They almost assuredly have to burn off the one match that people might still want to see in Foley/Hogan though at this point it would be worse than any of the Piper/Hogan matches from over 10 years ago.

kareru
01-03-2010, 12:21 AM
why is he going to look at Vince Russo's underwear?

check for skidmarks

NeanderCarl
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
hogan, hall and nash were hardly cast offs, they were some of the biggest names in wwf at the time

He's probably talking about the guys Hogan brought along for the ride when he joined WCW, or who joined just before him and enjoyed great exposure due to their relationship with The Orange One... guys like Duggan, Honky, Tenta, Beefcake, Nasty Boys, Okerlund, Heenan, Powers of Pain, Kamala, Bossman, Repo Man, Virgil... basically all guys WWF had let go or no longer felt were worth the money.

(In Heenan's case, he agreed a new contract to remain with WWF and Vince decided to half it at the last minute, feeling he was no longer worth the money. One of the biggest mistakes Vince ever made, but there ya go.)

KayfabeMan
01-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Yeah that was around Vince's time of ushering in the 'new era of WWF stars', and pushing out the older guys. He claimed due to their declining popularity, yet that was the beginning of him pushing the 'younger stars' only because they worked for a lot less than the guys who were established and used to the business having decent payoffs - ie. getting a percentage of the gate, marketing, etc.

That time really led to these less lucrative WWE deals that most of today's guys have - although on the fact that these jabronis have 1/25th of the experience the guys of yesteryear had when they arrived in the WWF/WWE, most of the guys of today do have a better deal considering they're not even worth that much.

owenbrown
01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
just prepare for Dave Penzer tonight to announce Hogan as the NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion

What Would Kevin Do?
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Apparently TNA has signed Bubba the Love Sponge...

NeanderCarl
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah that was around Vince's time of ushering in the 'new era of WWF stars', and pushing out the older guys. He claimed due to their declining popularity, yet that was the beginning of him pushing the 'younger stars' only because they worked for a lot less than the guys who were established and used to the business having decent payoffs - ie. getting a percentage of the gate, marketing, etc.

That time really led to these less lucrative WWE deals that most of today's guys have - although on the fact that these jabronis have 1/25th of the experience the guys of yesteryear had when they arrived in the WWF/WWE, most of the guys of today do have a better deal considering they're not even worth that much.

To be fair though, Hogan and his cronies arriving in WCW and kicking off the Monday Night Wars did actually benefit the younger guys, in that the competition led to the first ever downside guaranteed contracts.