PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy back to WWE?

Juan
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
While there are a few pieces that still have to fall in place for this to happen, there is talk within WWE that Jeff Hardy will be brought back in time to wrestle C.M. Punk at WrestleMania 26.

At the time of his departure from WWE over the summer, the general feeling within WWE was that Hardy would be back in a few months. Just weeks after he left the company, police raided Hardy's Cameron, North Carolina home and found a staggering quantity of prescription pills, among other substances. He was arrested and charged with multiple felonies. From the police report:

Jeffrey Nero Hardy was arrested on September 11, 2009 and charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

At this point, the biggest obstacle between Jeff Hardy and a WWE return are the charges he's facing. He is due back in court on January 27th for a probable cause hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence for his case to proceed to a grand jury. The grand jury would then decide whether to prosecute Hardy for the various felonies she’s been charged with.

With Linda McMahon’s United States Senate campaign a strong factor in what happens in WWE (ie. WWE toning down their product to TV-PG, family-friendly programming), the feeling is that WWE would not want to bring him back until Hardy's legal woes gets put to bed.

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
If CM Punk testified against Jeff as a character witness I'd be stoked.

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't mind having him back, but not in time for Wrestlemania because then Punk would definitely be losing.

Verbose Minch
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't mind having him back, but not in time for Wrestlemania because then Punk would definitely be losing.

And CM Punk should never lose, ever.

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
And CM Punk should never lose, ever.

EVER.

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
I wasn't saying all that.

Lock Jaw
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I think Jeff Hardy should join CM Punk's stable.

:shifty:

... Actually, that would be kind of cool. A huge swerve.

Droford
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
his middle name is Nero?

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2010, 10:58 PM
If Jeff Hardy came back talking about how his former lifestyle got him into a lot of trouble and he was looking to CM Punk for guidance, it would be pretty amazing. I bet Yellow Shirt Fan's head would explode.

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Jeff Hardy returning to get some revenge against Punk would be great, don't get me wrong, but it still feels like a "been there, done that" program right now. If Hardy's mess clears up, and he can return, I'd rather they did Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz, providing that Edge was able to return in time.

If not, Matt & Jeff vs. CM Punk & Luke Gallows would be fine for Mania, and would continue Punk's current rivalry with Matt, and just make the Jeff vs. Punk stuff a bit fresher.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Jeff siding with Punk would be a great storyline. Way better than the HBK/JBL crap

The Show Off
01-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Jeff Hardy returning to get some revenge against Punk would be great, don't get me wrong, but it still feels like a "been there, done that" program right now. If Hardy's mess clears up, and he can return, I'd rather they did Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz, providing that Edge was able to return in time.

If not, Matt & Jeff vs. CM Punk & Luke Gallows would be fine for Mania, and would continue Punk's current rivalry with Matt, and just make the Jeff vs. Punk stuff a bit fresher.

I agree with what you're saying but only Orton/Triple H is more been there done that then Edge and Christian/Hardyz.

Though it hasn't been there, and they haven't done that in quite some time.

Shadow
01-03-2010, 02:12 AM
This, btw, is the second time the case has been pushed back which doesn't look good for the prosecution but whatever. This too shall pass and Jeff will be back. It's only a matter of time.

DAMN iNATOR
01-03-2010, 02:20 AM
his middle name is Nero?

Yeah, and what's he been watching burn down all around him? Well, apparently since September 11 of last year, his whole entire life...and possibly his weed stash, whilst being forced to watch as narcotics officers "take turns with the evidence", in the most bizarre form of police torture to extract and admission in the history of man.

The MAC
01-03-2010, 03:06 AM
he know sells pirate dvds which he burns on( wait for it) Nero

DAMN iNATOR
01-03-2010, 03:18 AM
he know sells pirate dvds which he burns on( wait for it) Nero

:wtf:

Juan
01-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Yeah, and what's he been watching burn down all around him? Well, apparently since September 11 of last year, his whole entire life...and possibly his weed stash, whilst being forced to watch as narcotics officers "take turns with the evidence", in the most bizarre form of police torture to extract and admission in the history of man.

:wtf:

RKO'em
01-03-2010, 04:11 AM
this is news to me...:-\

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 04:36 AM
I agree with what you're saying but only Orton/Triple H is more been there done that then Edge and Christian/Hardyz.

Though it hasn't been there, and they haven't done that in quite some time.

Eh, the evolution of the characters would more than fresher up the angle, in my opinion. Especially considering all four have had greater singles success by this point in time (all have held either the WWE Title, World Heavyweight Title or ECW Title) and Edge & Christian would almost surely be faces this time -- which is a dynamic their battles have never had.

The foundations for this story could be set up as early as now, with Matt Hardy possibly winning the ECW Homecoming, and facing Christian for the ECW Title. This potential rivalry could be the spark that re-ignites the tag team feud between the two.

If they do CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy at WrestleMania 26, though, I hope they have CM Punk win the ECW Homecoming, become a two-time ECW Champion, and then have Jeff Hardy make his return on ECW. Punk and Hardy heading up the ECW brand might actually have the power to draw interest to what is actually a pretty good show.

Kane Knight
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
The grand jury would then decide whether to prosecute Hardy for the various felonies she’s been charged with.

I know the more probable explanation is a typo, but I prefer to ask when Jeff had a sex change.

Anybody Thrilla
01-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Hey bro, what are you even saying?

Kane Knight
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM

It wasn't even that hard to figure out.

Stickman
01-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one who lost all interest in either Hardy Boy?

Dante69
01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I lost interest in both of them years ago...one of them is a whining prick and the other is a glorified crackhead........love the WWE :)

Swiss Ultimate
01-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I lost interest in both of them years ago...one of them is a whining prick and the other is a glorified crackhead........love the WWE :)

Which one is which?

DAMN iNATOR
01-03-2010, 05:46 PM

That he's a young man with a lot of serious drug issues that he should sort out before even considering a return.

ron the dial
01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
JEFF HARDY WILL NEVER DIE

Mr. Nerfect
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Jeff Hardy has actually gained interest with me over the years. The dude is a legit three-time World Champion now. Hard to believe. The WWE were good to him, even with only one suspension left. Hardy now has the credibility to do whatever he wants to do, and look like a real star while he's doing it. For example, if he signed with TNA, I can guarantee he'd eventually be TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Matt Hardy has lost interest with me, which is sad, because he is the better overall talent, in my opinion. Moving to RAW was a huge blow to him, because they had no clue where to take his heel character over there. Instead of giving him a main event push (which defeating Jeff at WrestleMania should have logically led to), they make him a cowardly mid-carder. Matt's lacked credibility since then. Would love to see him win the ECW Homecoming and feud with Christian over the ECW Title, though.