PDA

View Full Version : Recycle storylines

FourFifty
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
So I was in The Vault today on my lunch break. Wonderful footage of the Invasion angle... such fond memories...
One thing that stuck out was the storyline between DDP and The Undertaker. For weeks we know someone is following The Undertaker. He's watching his wife, talking about how close he can get to her. When he reveals himself he states his motives plainly. "MAKE ME FAMOUS!!!!"

I'd like to see WWE do this stalker storyline again. Take a main eventer or an upper mid carder face who isn't in the title scene... Triple H, HBK, Cena, Mark Henry, Edge... Someone. One week have them bring a "friend" to the show, just to show the friend later in the show after a beat down. No one knows what happened.
Next week show a video of the friend getting better, with a creepy voice over. Show videos of the family, etc etc.

Something like this could work out quite well if its done right. After all of that the guy that is stalking Cena is Jack Swagger, Brian Danielson wants Edge to make him famous, The World's Greatest Tag Team is going after DX, etc etc etc.

So, what do you want to see redone?

Tb1
01-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd like to see John Cena run over by a Lincoln Continental.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
For the stalker angle, I think it would work best with either Triple H or Shawn Michaels being stalked. For Triple H, they could use his relationship to Stephanie as fodder. "We all know how you got here. You have more power than you care to know, but what you don't know is the power I hold over you."

The problem with that, is that I imagine the pay-off could be disappointing. It'd be sort of a nice throwback for a Kurt Angle return, though -- although Angle does not need that. But while it may underwhelm some, I think having it be someone completely random would be a good way to elevate a guy to main event relevancy straight away. For example: It could be Carlito, upset that he gets brushed over because of Triple H's status.

For Shawn Michaels, it could be a past student of his looking to mess with him. It doesn't seem something that would fit Bryan Danielson, but I could see Lance Cade or a returning Brian Kendrick doing it.

Rammsteinmad
01-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Oh great, another high profile rivalry with Triple H involved...

Godfather4Life
01-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd like to see John Cena run over by a Lincoln Continental.

:y:

Xero
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd rather someone stab him with a purple sharpie.

kareru
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM
someone could smash cena's hummer with a limo

Anybody Thrilla
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I remember that stalker angle being entirely ridiculous and hugely disappointing.

Jimmy Cones
01-04-2010, 02:34 PM
DDP said if he could do it over again he wouldn't have been a stalker. It wasn't his character and it didn't make him famous at all. Come on it was DDP, he was over instantly. Now if it was their character it might work. Say someone gets injured and they get stalked while recovering, who better then Mike Knox? Or Dolph could start an angle where he thinks he can have any diva since the last girl he had was diva of the year, and start stalking them while they are on dates or something.

Anybody Thrilla
01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Do you guys remember when Barry Windham failed with this gimmick too?

Damian Rey
01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I was on a another board and read through some posts about how great Austin's turn as a paranoid champion was to watch. Though it is a slim chance in the foreseeable future, seeing Cena make a heel turn and win the title only to be constantly drowning in insecurity about losing to whoever would be a fresh turn for him from the "I will not die" Super Cena to a paranoid mess. It'd also give him a chance to showcase how much range he has as a character.