PDA

View Full Version : MAG

D Mac
01-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Played the beta on PS3 and it sucks.

D Mac
01-06-2010, 05:00 AM
So nobody with a PS3 has tried this huh. Well don't bother.

Kane Knight
01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I didn't know there was a beta yet.

ClockShot
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
So nobody with a PS3 has tried this huh. Well don't bother.

FYI, there already is a thread about this game.

Anyway. Yes, I tried this out yesterday. Played a sabotage game working for Valor. What a stupid scenario. The team defending gotta keep control of 2 control points. If they lose both, EVERYBODY converges on one spot to either save it or blow it up. The defenders should be able to retake starting control points to make the game more interesing and have more meaning to play for.

As for minor improvements, cut the time in half. The rounds are 20 mins. long and I got sick and tired of running to defend one place 10 mins. in.

I hear domination is available to play but I'll try my chances playing that tonight.

D Mac
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
I didn't know there was a beta yet.

It's in the Playstation Store. It's a FPS so I know you won't like it.

Kane Knight
01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Oh, I thought MAG was third person. Well, fuck that. It's gayer than Metallica.

Fignuts
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Diesel Mac is wrong like always. This game is awesome. If you have a ps3 you need to get this shit.

Kalyx triaD
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I've been hearing that the game is actually good and works well.

Fignuts
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
It does. Played about 6 games. everyone in my squad was talking in 4 of them. 2 of them were really awesome, as everyone was talking strategy, and coordinating and stuff, and it was just a blast. I think there will be more games like that once people adjust to the gameplay, guns, maps, etc. But even the games that had less strategy, and even the silent ones were still mad fun.

Have to say, the gameplay is probably the most polished I've seen in a battlefield style game.

Fignuts
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Havn't unlocked the 256 player game yet. If I have time I'll fill you in on how that goes. Had an early day today, so i was able to pick this up, and come online.

CSL
01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Logged into my US account and searched the PS Store but can't find it. Was it a limited amount of people type deal?

Fignuts
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Logged into my US account and searched the PS Store but can't find it. Was it a limited amount of people type deal?

Beta is long over. The actual game released in stores today.

Vietnamese Crippler
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Beta's over. Finished up on the 10th, I think.

CSL
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Beta is long over. The actual game released in stores today.

lol shit, just seen the date the thread was posted

D Mac
01-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Diesel Mac is wrong like always. This game is awesome. If you have a ps3 you need to get this shit.

Incorrect

FearedSanctity
01-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Disagree also, MAG is pretty awesome.

Fignuts
01-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Right, so one in one of the game modes, you have to defend two areas. Two squads are assigned to each area, so you really only have to defend one, and hope the other two squads do a good job defending the other. If both locations are taken, a third location opens up, that all the squads have to protect. For what ever reason, that last one is really tough to defend. It makes keeping the first two locations defended, the key to victory.

Anyway, our side started out short, a god 3 people in each squad. They filled up quickly, but not quickly enough, and the other team got the first two locations in 5 minutes. Thought we were done for, but through constant communication and teamwork, we held the final location for 15 fucking minutes, and won the match. I've never played any multiplayer game, with so many people working together so well. Complete strangers at that. Was so tense and awesome, with everyone shouting out snipers, directing people where they're needed, and calling for medics and stuff.

Kalyx I can't remember if you have a PS3 or not. Kinda recall you talking about Metal Gear Online, so I wanna say yes. If you do, you're going to want this, cause it's right up your alley.

Kalyx triaD
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
It's been a long time since I had access to PS3 online, but I really need to get on this shit. Everything I hear gives me chills. It's like a more organized Battlefield, with way more players, and a better since of involvement. I was highly skeptical but this seems like the shooter I've been wanting for ages.

D Mac
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess if you like running a mile to get to your objective and getting sniped by some camper before you can get anywhere, this is for you.

Fignuts
01-28-2010, 01:07 AM
More spawn points unlock as the battle progresses, but you have to actually choose the new one after you die, or it will just spawn you in the last place you came in. Also, once your team takes out the AA guns you can parachute in. So that's not a problem.

And camping isn't a problem in this game, because there are so many people that even if he gets a kill, 3 other people will see it happen.

Fignuts
01-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Also D-mac, did you even play the bigger size games? I know you have to get to level 6 to unlock 128 player, and then 8 to play 256, but it doesn't seem like you played very long. If you only played the 64 player game, then you're not getting the full experience.

Maps are smaller on the 64 games anyway, and I didn't have your problems there.

The Phenom
01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
The beta sucked, maybe the full version is alot better, i will have to rent it to find out. I think having 256 players on one map is to much, it makes it more congested causing alot of lagging issues.

D Mac
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
I'll rent the full game and try again. I have an open mind.

Fignuts
01-28-2010, 02:08 AM
The beta sucked, maybe the full version is alot better, i will have to rent it to find out. I think having 256 players on one map is to much, it makes it more congested causing alot of lagging issues.

I have put quite a bit of time into it, and encountered no lag whatsoever. Some people I encountered, said they experienced a lot of lag in the beta, but nothing in the full game. So that issue appears to have been fixed.

Fignuts
01-28-2010, 02:09 AM
I have an open mind.

Too easy. I'll hand this one over to Kane Knight.

D Mac
01-28-2010, 03:28 AM
I love setting myself up don't I. :shifty:

Kalyx triaD
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM
MAG is being supported by the coolest fucking way to track game stats and faction progression - using a mock news program. This is right up there with Bungie's site. Very cool. (http://www.mag.com/en/mag.html?setRegion=true)

LoDownM
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I might have to rent this.

The Phenom
02-02-2010, 01:18 AM
IGN gave it a 7.0 which isn't very good. but IGN is always very critical on there game reviews sometimes to critical.

Fignuts
02-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Wouldn't trust a review for an online only game that just came out. Takes a little time for the community to form, and play the game how it is meant to be played. And as I recall that review came in at release day.

Also, lack of singleplayer, factored HEAVILY on their review. Can't say I blame them, but I personally don't mind.

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2010, 04:01 AM
7 is very good. And fuck IGN anyway.

RoXer
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't like it. Even if I had a headset I don't think I would. I got to level 6 and I do want to unlock the 256 games but I can't bear it anymore. Can't spawn on squadmates is a big reason for me. I kept getting killed too easily but then I realized I had some light armor on. I might try heavy armor tonight but I doubt things will change.

G
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
oh yeah, i remember during the few minutes i played that you spawn back at the start every time. dumb

Fignuts
07-07-2010, 10:42 PM
In sabotage, yeah you do, but the maps are much smaller in that game type, and its not a long run to get back into the action.

Fignuts
09-08-2010, 05:29 AM
So a new 128 player game type, with 3 new maps came out recently, and I am downloading it now. It is basically a battlefield type mode I guess, where you have to take control points. Not like the usual maps, where each faction has a side to attack or defend. Both sides attack, so the maps are universal for all factions. And the spawn points are actually APCs so it seems you will always be in the action.

You can also download new character slots, if you don't feel like getting to level 60 in your current faction. Costs a buck though.

Fignuts
09-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Also, there is anew 96 player game type on the way, which consists of all three factions fighting on one map against eachother. Dissapointing it's not 256 player, as this mode seems perfect for it, but I'm psyched as it sounds really awesome.