PDA

View Full Version : Vince Russo Facebook blog

War2Combat
01-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Here's something you don't know about me; back in the 80's not only was I a fan of the three women, hot-chic group Expose, but I even paid my good money to see them live and in concert, at Westbury Music Fair!!!

That's where the song "Seasons Change" came from. Three hot chics who could sing, dance, and look real good doing it.

Everything changes in our lives, for all of us. Some things good . . .some things not so good. Life changes everyday for me . . . sometimes good . . . sometimes not so good. I know the older I get, the wiser I get, I also know the older I get . . . the more my back aches--the harder it is to loss weight . . . the more I think of my own mortality.

It's 2:51in the morning and I am here--widen awake--in a hotel room in Florida . . . writing to you.
Tomorrow, a lot will change for a lot of people. While there are those that look forward to a new season--there are many who are worried about their futures. I can tell you right now--regardless of what those critics say--I am not one of those people.

You see, I came to the realization about 5 years ago--that my life was written for me long befoire I was born. In other words, what's going to happen to Vince Russo--is going to happen to Vince Russo. I have no control over the outcome--that belongs to somebody else.

But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned . . . not for myself . . . but perhaps for others. After tomorrow TNA will never be the same again, and for good . . . or bad . . . people's lives will change. "Season's Change." It's hard not to be anxious at a time like this. I've been a part of TNA, on and off, for almost 8 years now. I have watched many of these kids grow up; turning from boys to men. There's been a lot of growing pains . . . A LOT of growing pains. Many of our guys . . . and gals . . . had never even been on TV before they came to TNA. The fact is that many of them came from VFW halls working in front of 50 people--to working center stage on national televison in prime time. Some weren't ready . . . some still aren't . . . but the whole time we were a family who lived together, and died together. Many of these athletes have felt like they werte my own children to me. I cried when I saw AJ Styles cut that promo that took him to the next level, and I've also called him out on the carpet when I felt he was being selfish. But the whole while I loved him . . . as if he were my own son; Will, or VJ.

And that's what they are . . . they are kids. They are a work in progress. They always knew that they had the time to grow on our watch--well tomorrow it is no longer on "our watch".

Tomorrow the pros come in--the big hitters who have been there and done that. The Babe Ruth's, the George Steinbrenner's and the Reggie Jackson's. The guys who have "drawn money". The guys who know what to do both in front of . . . and behind the camera. The guys who had spots for all those years . . . because they earned those spots. The pros who won't slow down to let the kids catch up . . . this time the kids will have to catch up on their own and their isn't anything that a Vince Russo can do to help them.

Sooner, or later, I knew that it would come to this point. We ALL have to grow up in life--that's the only way we mature as people. Yes, it is hard for me to let go--but I know I have no other choice. When my son Will turned 19, he left home and it broke my heart--tomorrow 50 young men and women will be leaving home--and it will be up to them as to whether they fly . . . or fall.

There has been no other place like TNA for me. Vince robbed me of my innocence at WWF, and WCW dropped me to me knees in a deep, dark despair. TNA was always family. It was small enough to be that way. We were special, we were unique, and no matter what any critic out there has ever said about us . . . we busted our butt every week and took great pride in what we did.

But . . . in this business . . . that just wasn't good enough.

Seasons change, people change, feelings change . . . tomorrow TNA changes and it will never be the same again.

Peace,

Vince