PDA

View Full Version : Too Much...

James Steele
04-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Do you guys think (even though this is almost impossible) if the WWE hired back Brian Lawler and he came in and he and Scotty turn on Rikishi and they reform "Too Much". I loved Too Much way more than Too Cool. I mean...after awhile seeing that fat ass dance it got old...like the undertaker Rikishi's hat did not make it fresh.

I think they could help out the RAW tag team situation. Have Kurt fire them for talking down too them and they could move to RAW.

Even though, if they would be on SmackDown! then Brian could hang out with RVD :cool:

El Santo
04-11-2004, 05:34 PM
When you say "Too Much" ... do you really mean the older version of "Too Cool" with Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay, or the team of "Too Much", which consisted of flaming homosexuals Too Hot and Too Sexy?

James Steele
04-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes...

I mean high flying cocky homos...fits right in with RAW

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Maybe Rico could either join them, making the stable larger, manage them, or start a "Cat fight! This is my turf!" feud with him?

Maybe Rikishi could get another push with this (to US Title level)?

PureHatred
04-11-2004, 05:55 PM
wow...so you would have a team or possibly a stable of stereotypical, "Birdcage-esque," homosexual wrestlers dry humping thier opponents all over the ring AND another push for Rikishi?

Smell the ratings....

[/sarcasm] :nono:

KillerWolf
04-11-2004, 06:18 PM
wow...so you would have a team or possibly a stable of stereotypical, "Birdcage-esque," homosexual wrestlers dry humping thier opponents all over the ring AND another push for Rikishi?

Smell the ratings....

:lol:

Rock Bottom
04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I actually thought Brian Lawler was pretty good. As far as work. He could be a pretty good cruiserweight or midcarder with the right kind of push. And by right, I do not mean any gimmicks remotely close to what he's done.

The Ravishing One
04-11-2004, 07:24 PM
^
:y:

Funky Fly
04-11-2004, 07:30 PM
I actually thought Brian Lawler was pretty good. As far as work. He could be a pretty good cruiserweight or midcarder with the right kind of push. And by right, I do not mean any gimmicks remotely close to what he's done.
Exactly.

They could go back to their old ways, minus the gay gimmick (fu</>ck's sake, Rico is enough). They could just be cocky bastards who cheat to win. Besides, I always had a soft spot for Lawler's sunset flip over the top rope into a powerbomb.

HHHsucks929
04-11-2004, 07:56 PM
I think we're all in agreement that gay angles just don't work, as don't amnesia or supernatural angles.

Rock Bottom
04-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Retard angles are excellent, however.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2004, 08:25 PM

Smell the ratings....

Wow...so you would have an organisation where employees drain you money away with stale gimmicks, when you could just have all the talent dubbed "useless" and "going nowhere" slotted into one stable with a gimmick that would get them over majorly with the fans, possibly even making you at least what their contract is worth, and pushing a wrestler to at least watchable status and giving a Championship a major contender going for it?

Smell the ratings....

Seriously, why insult people that are just trying to compliment other people's ideas? It's really a very low place to go. I don't really support the idea, but this place is a discussion for "What if the WWE rehired Brian Lawler and put him in a gimmick/stable that was over with the fans?", not "What would you do for the company?", I never once said I wanted Brian Lawler back, although he would make a great addition to the roster.

James Steele
04-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Ha Ha...

I do think that they would be better as cocky cheat to win guys, but Gay gimmicks work.... i.e. Billy Gunn, wait....

Mikey
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
I actually did hear that they wanted Scotty and GMS to do a gay angle at one point :shifty:

MVP
04-11-2004, 11:09 PM
By all means, please bring back Brian Lawler to reform Too Cool.

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty just never clicked as a team, Brian and Scott's wrestling was well matched. As long as their gimmick stays the same as it was before I'm all for it.

Corkscrewed
04-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I'd rather have O'Haire and Jindrak. I mean... it's equally probable now. :(

PureHatred
04-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Wow...so you would have an organisation where employees drain you money away with stale gimmicks, when you could just have all the talent dubbed "useless" and "going nowhere" slotted into one stable with a gimmick that would get them over majorly with the fans, possibly even making you at least what their contract is worth, and pushing a wrestler to at least watchable status and giving a Championship a major contender going for it?

Smell the ratings....

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, why insult people that are just trying to compliment other people's ideas? It's really a very low place to go. I don't really support the idea, but this place is a discussion for "What if the WWE rehired Brian Lawler and put him in a gimmick/stable that was over with the fans?", not "What would you do for the company?", I never once said I wanted Brian Lawler back, although he would make a great addition to the roster.

Your entire post is based on the premise that the original Too Much gimmick of having them pretend to be quasi-gay would get them "over majorly with the fans." Now, if you think its just my opinion tht gay angles don't work and aren't a way to get over, then why not take a gander at the above posts by Funky Fly and Rock Bottom. Fans, in general, think that the gay thing is a waste of time. Seriously, is there anyway to take Rico as anytihng more than a joke when one of his mainstay moves right now is to get his opponent on all fours and then ride him like a pny all around the ring. You really think Rico is over? And you really think adding two more guys like him will be a better idea? [Note: I also think Lawler would be quite a good addition to the rooster, but I hate that gimmick idea. Hate, hate, hate. ] [Another note: the flamboyant gimmick has been done rather successfully in the past by Adrian Adonis and Adrian Street...both men were freakishly femme on the outside of the ring, but legit and rather stiff (no pun intended) inside the ring. The fact that the face was getting his ass kicked by a "queer" is what got heat; not any ridiculous prancing around.]

And giving Rikishi a push? That's just a presonal preference thing. I don't think Rikishi is worth a damn in the ring and that there are at least a dozen wrestlers that are more deserving of a US push..including some guys in OVW.

So, basically, I disagreed with you. I wasn't the only one in the thread to disagree with you. And if this is a discussion, then I have the right to voice my opinion. I'm sorry you're so sensitive. I wasn't flaming you personally, just your suggestion.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Your entire post is based on the premise that the original Too Much gimmick of having them pretend to be quasi-gay would get them "over majorly with the fans." Now, if you think its just my opinion tht gay angles don't work and aren't a way to get over, then why not take a gander at the above posts by Funky Fly and Rock Bottom. Fans, in general, think that the gay thing is a waste of time. Seriously, is there anyway to take Rico as anytihng more than a joke when one of his mainstay moves right now is to get his opponent on all fours and then ride him like a pny all around the ring. You really think Rico is over? And you really think adding two more guys like him will be a better idea? [Note: I also think Lawler would be quite a good addition to the rooster, but I hate that gimmick idea. Hate, hate, hate. ] [Another note: the flamboyant gimmick has been done rather successfully in the past by Adrian Adonis and Adrian Street...both men were freakishly femme on the outside of the ring, but legit and rather stiff (no pun intended) inside the ring. The fact that the face was getting his ass kicked by a "queer" is what got heat; not any ridiculous prancing around.]

And giving Rikishi a push? That's just a presonal preference thing. I don't think Rikishi is worth a damn in the ring and that there are at least a dozen wrestlers that are more deserving of a US push..including some guys in OVW.

So, basically, I disagreed with you. I wasn't the only one in the thread to disagree with you. And if this is a discussion, then I have the right to voice my opinion. I'm sorry you're so sensitive. I wasn't flaming you personally, just your suggestion.

Your entitled to your own opinion, it's just that I never really said I liked the idea, just using what was proposed. Billy & Chuck were over HUGE, Rico, too. Rico still gets a better reaction than half the roster. I wasn't directly flaming you either, I just think it is a bit strange to flame ideas that are other people's when the only other alternative is to have wrestlers rot. :-\

I personally think if they did make a stable Rikishi should play the bodyguard role, Scotty 2 Hotty could play the airhead he is now, Brian Lawler could play the guy who thinks he's living in his father's shadow, Rico could play the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" type role and Miss Jackie would be their valet/manager.

Sorry, I was out of line before, I didn't mean to attack your post, I was just trying to defend mine. Everyone's entitled to their opinios, but if there is one thing that really ticks me off here, is the certain disrespect to certain wrestlers. I personally can't do half of what they do, so I've nevr bashed a wrestler in my life. But that's just me. I'm sorry I got a bit carried away, no hard feelings. :wave:

PureHatred
04-12-2004, 05:38 AM
You're too nice. You should have your IWC card revoked.

Carry on.

Rock Bottom
04-13-2004, 04:06 AM
This is ironic seeing as how Grandmaster Sexay came back with the same dumb gimmick just a few hours ago.

PureHatred
04-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Yes, but he came back with the Too Cool gimmick. Not the quasi-gay Too Much gimmick.

Of course, the shape he was in, he could've called it the Too Many Big Macs gimmick and that would've worked too.

The Mackem
04-13-2004, 06:48 AM
Really, GMS is back?

Wondermouse
04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Yep. Came back and got squashed by Kane. Badly squashed.

Shaggy
04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I was gonna post on this yesterday when I saw it that there was no chance that he would come back but I guess after last night we all know that that is possible.

Mikey
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
I guess he is clean now. I hope he is anyways