PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party XB360 Controller Better Than 1st Party?

Kalyx triaD
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
http://cache-10.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/01/500x_rzr_xboxcontrollerview7_whtbrg-500.jpg

Looks good. Would love to see what they do with the pad. Not that it would be hard to beat M$' pad, Gamestop's official controller has a better pad than M$.

Note: Pictured is prototype, there are two extra shoulder buttons, not wireless.

BigDaddyCool
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
What is your point, nerd.

Kalyx triaD
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
A controller where I can pull of a Gyro-Drive Smasher without fear of doing an EX Cannon Spike is ideal. Not to mention my trouble with Shadow Step motions and Blazblue's strict motion input, polar opposite from SF4's open ended inputs. This controller could solve a lot of problems. Six shoulder input devices maybe much, though.

BigDaddyCool
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
A controller where I can pull of a Gyro-Drive Smasher without fear of doing an EX Cannon Spike is ideal. Not to mention my trouble with Shadow Step motions and Blazblue's strict motion input, polar opposite from SF4's open ended inputs. This controller could solve a lot of problems. Six shoulder input devices maybe much, though.

When I read that, I see "I know more about playing with joy sticks than being a real boy."

Kalyx triaD
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear that.

BigDaddyCool
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
You need to work on not being such a nerd with ass-burgers.

Kalyx triaD
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Too much work.

RoXer
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
There's a few third part controllers that look better than microsoft.

I really like wireless though so I just deal with it.

Big Fat Mike
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jkBOU9etRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6jkBOU9etRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Boomer
01-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Razer makes some ugly PC peripherals that are a tad overpriced. Don't really think these will be any different.

G
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
no wireless = no buy

Extreme Angle
01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
It does look nice...
I'm in need of a new guitar hero controller...
Any idea what's the best cheap controller?

Kane Knight
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
http://cache-10.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/01/500x_rzr_xboxcontrollerview7_whtbrg-500.jpg

Looks good. Would love to see what they do with the pad. Not that it would be hard to beat M$' pad, Gamestop's official controller has a better pad than M$.

Note: Pictured is prototype, there are two extra shoulder buttons, not wireless.

Even with the split D-Pad? I thought that's why you dipshits hated the Microsoft pad, because it was terrible for fighting games. Is this one going to be any better?

I can live without the assignables between the bumper and trigger on each shoulder (If you check the other pictures, you'll see what I'm talking about) and it's wired, where I'm not anal enough to bitch about imperceptible lag, so.... I'll probably just stick to wireless first party, rather than paying fifty dollars for a gold USB cable and some shitty knockoff attached.

Kane Knight
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
It does look nice...
I'm in need of a new guitar hero controller...
Any idea what's the best cheap controller?

If you don't mind wires, which if you like the pictured controller, I'm guessing you don't, just buy an X-Plorer.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Actually the split d-pad works well with PS controllers, which were always ideal for fighters. Although to be honest, almost anything is better than the 'plastic plate' Microsoft calls a d-pad.

BigDaddyCool
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Kalyx is such a cry baby.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Says the Wii owner.

Bad Company
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
lol if you play fighting games and don't own an arcade stick. Who gives a fuck?

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM

What do you mean? I play all my fighters with XBs pad or stick. Mostly the thumb stick, although Blazblue gets the pad treatment.

BigDaddyCool
01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Says the Wii owner.

I own a Wii and an X-Box 360. What is your point.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I own a Wii and an X-Box 360. What is your point.

That you're a Wii owner, of course.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Silly.

BigDaddyCool
01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
The wii is fun, fuck you.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I know. I enjoyed it many times.

Bad Company
01-13-2010, 04:44 PM
What do you mean? I play all my fighters with XBs pad or stick. Mostly the thumb stick, although Blazblue gets the pad treatment.
A cheapskate and a moron, who would have guessed?

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
A cheapskate and a moron, who would have guessed?

What the Hell are you talking about?

Bad Company
01-13-2010, 11:35 PM
You proclaim yourself a fighting game fanatic and don't even use an arcade stick. Noob.

Kalyx triaD
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
You proclaim yourself a fighting game fanatic and don't even use an arcade stick. Noob.

That's an interesting conclusion. You don't think that maybe a fighting game fanatic like myself who uses stock controllers shows that arcade sticks are preferential, you rather force the thought that I'm 'doing it wrong'. And all that without playing or observing me in a single fighting game.

This is what I mean when I mentioned in another thread that rather than it being about my comprehension of other people's viewpoints, it's more or less people arguing in bad faith. Bad Company has no real leg to stand on, other than 'insult Kalyx, the Hell with a point'. .44 had a similar approach, and it only revealed gross misunderstanding of fighting games.

Here, we see 'Company perpetuate an idea long since debunked by 'millions', that fighters are best played with joy sticks - however many were developed with both sticks and pads in mind.

Then he calls the TPWW Street Fighter 4 Champion a noob. For shame. Kiss my converse.

Juan
01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Drama queen

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Mate, anyone that wants to play a fighting game with a game pad over an arcade stick is a moron. Too bad if the TPWW Champion doesn't agree with that.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Except you have no argument under that. You don't know why choosing a pad over a stick is bad, only that it must be because I just so happen to. You overheard fighting gamers discuss it maybe, and now you think you know what you're talking about. That's all.

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 12:27 AM
I've played with everything there is to use. In fact, I'm best with a keyboard, but much like a gamepad, fuck that. Arcade stick is where it's at. It sorts the men from the boys. You probably don't like it because you're shit with one. Too much time playing nintendo at home and not enough time in the arcade. Poor sheltered child.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 12:33 AM
I've played with everything there is to use. In fact, I'm best with a keyboard (marco...), but much like a gamepad, fuck that. Arcade stick is where it's at. It sorts the men from the boys. You probably don't like it because you're shit with one (...polo). Too much time playing nintendo at home and not enough time in the arcades methinks. Poor sheltered child.

Pfft. I win.

Good luck with the weak-ass arguments. And no, I won't tear that shit above you call a reply apart - gonna give Serious Business a rest this one instance and just say 2/3rds of it is fucking stupid.

Juan
Kalyx wins because he says he wins. Brilliant

Kalyx triaD
Oh and 'Company, honey, it's not you... it's the ideas. Later.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Kalyx wins because he says he wins. Brilliant

Damn right, dumbass.

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Kalyx has no idea, can't believe he actually tried to be VG mod. Fucking noob. Go back to playing Pokemon.

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Why do you sit there and message via rep rather that trying to debate the point? Just because you've dedicated every living moment of your life to video games, doesn't mean you're always right. Learn from those who have been doing this longer than you. It doesn't hurt to admit your wrong every now and then, it's part of growth.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Why do you sit there and message via rep rather that trying to debate the point?

*sigh* Fine, let's play.

Just because you've dedicated every living moment of your life to video games, doesn't mean you're always right.

No it doesn't, but that's your angle now is it? Mr. "I play with sticks so I'm right". While I assert that the input method is preference, you have the gull to make it a quality argument, calling someone who chooses either a noob.

But let's humor one half of your logic; if we both recognize negatively or otherwise that I devoted quite some time to video games - wouldn't you think that my experience is worth some merit? If I were to get into a debate with BDC over data entry I'd at the very least consider his experience in the matter. And that goes to anyone with specific experience pertaining to an argument. I can't be 'Kalyx the game freak' one instant then not know what I'm talking about the next - and sometimes these descriptions come from the same person - in the same thread! Before we consider who's right or wrong, think about that for a microsecond.

Learn from those who have been doing this longer than you. It doesn't hurt to admit your wrong every now and then, it's part of growth.

Doing what? Gaming? Debates? Being wrong? What do you mean by this?

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Of course your experience is worth merit, so is mine, it's just a coincidence I've been gaming longer, and you're wrong. Amazing odds.

Now if I wanted to know whether to start with bulbasaur, charmander, or squirtle, then you'd be the first guy I asked. No Joke.

Khuntry
01-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey noob spelled backwards is boon, and Ed Boon is a moron.. That is all.

Khuntry
01-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Of course your experience is worth merit, so is mine, it's just a coincidence I've been gaming longer, and you're wrong. Amazing odds.

Now if I wanted to know whether to start with bulbasaur, charmander, or squirtle, then you'd be the first guy I asked. No Joke.

Look who's a pokefan... boon

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:13 AM

How do you presume you've gamed longer than I? This I need to hear.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Hey noob spelled backwards is boon, and Ed Boon is a moron.. That is all.

Random stab at Ed idiot Boon. And it's still a deserved one.

Khuntry
01-14-2010, 02:15 AM
How do you presume you've gamed longer than I? This I need to hear.

Its because BC has a handlebar mustache

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Because I am the greatest. I actually played the classics.

Sorry Khuntry, I have no idea who you are. But you seem like a knowledgable fellow. Tell me about this Ed Boon, because I have no idea who he is.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:18 AM
Well I guess this was fun for a minute.

After finishing S3 of Heroes in 30min I'm gonna hop on 'Live and play CoD or something.

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 02:20 AM
FPS on a console. Jeeze man, do you write your own material?

Tb1
01-14-2010, 02:21 AM
I play games with my mind.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:22 AM
FPS on a console. Jeeze man, do you write your own material?

It's only a mega successful concept. That's all.

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 02:25 AM
It's only a mega successful concept. That's all.
I understand, but what about the crappy graphics and controls? You're a real 2nd best kind of guy when it comes to interfacing.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:27 AM
The graphical gap between PCs and consoles are trivial now. But you know that so I guess you're trolling now. And the control issue was solved 11 years ago by a European team when they made some game called GoldenEye. Heard of it?

Bad Company
01-14-2010, 02:33 AM
It's not so trivial when you compare my PC to my 360. I know that much.
And yeah, but no FPS on the console has ever compared to goldeneye. It was a one off, a freak of nature. Keyboard and mouse will always win. Besides, there is better competition on PC.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 02:38 AM
It's not so trivial when you compare my PC to my 360. I know that much.
And yeah, but no FPS on the console has ever compared to goldeneye. It was a one off, a freak of nature. Keyboard and mouse will always win. Besides, there is better competition on PC.

Yeah, PC has a lot of shooters. But GoldenEye's success was bested by Halo, which did as GE before it and reshaped how FPS' work on console. Modern Warfare then came and added some edge to the genre. PC stables like FEAR and Battlefield have also made houses on consoles.

And with PC concepts like modding are making slow stride into the console fold, the PC platform for FPS games become trivial in itself. You still have MMOs and... Sims? Have fun with those.

BigDaddyCool
01-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Is this another example of how Kylax is "teaching people" stuff?

Kane Knight
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Actually the split d-pad works well with PS controllers, which were always ideal for fighters. Although to be honest, almost anything is better than the 'plastic plate' Microsoft calls a d-pad.

Not the same kind of "split" I'm talking about. Try to know what you're talking about before hand.

And yes, I know you hate Microsoft so much you'd praise any piece of shit they put on the market that didn't have the MS name on it.

LOL. Kalyx doesn't know the basics about playing fighters.

Is this another example of how Kylax is "teaching people" stuff?

What's the euphemism for?

BigDaddyCool
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
It is for you're mom now.

RoXer
01-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Way too hostile in here and for no reason.

Big Fat Mike
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*INHALE*RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDS

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Not the same kind of "split" I'm talking about. Try to know what you're talking about before hand.

I will.

And yes, I know you hate Microsoft so much you'd praise any piece of shit they put on the market that didn't have the MS name on it.

What the fuck?

LOL. Kalyx doesn't know the basics about playing fighters.

You're on crack. And you're better than pulling shit out of your ass. Seriously.

BigDaddyCool
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I will.

What the fuck?

You're on crack. And you're better than pulling shit out of your ass. Seriously.

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*INHALE*RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
BDC owns a Wii.

Kane Knight
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
It is for you're meme now.

Fixed.

I will.

What the fuck?

Yeah, you're the one bitching about MS products.

Also, cute how you accuse me of pulling shit out of your ass right after saying I'm on crack. You can use non-literal figures of speech, but not comprehend them, I guess.

Seriously, though, how does someone as completely and utterly obsessed with fighting games not use a fighting stick? I pictured you having some home made, hardcore, heavy duty fight stick you detailed in Crisis colours, Autistic Savant style.

Kane Knight
01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
BDC owns a Wii.

Yes yes, we all know BDC is a girl. Get with the times, son.

BigDaddyCool
01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
BDC owns a Wii.

Yeah, and I don't act like the end all be all expert on 360 controllers while not knowing anything...like some jerk I know.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Seriously, though, how does someone as completely and utterly obsessed with fighting games not use a fighting stick? I pictured you having some home made, hardcore, heavy duty fight stick you detailed in Crisis colours, Autistic Savant style.

Hmm...

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
While a Crisis colored fighting stick sounds like a dream, and I did take a moment to day dream, the turth is the prefered method to play fighting games is the method that works for you. Sorry to burst your presumed notions, but that's how it is. There is no hard and fast rule, for instance - my prefered inputs for certains games:

Soulcalibur series: Anything - arcade stick, Xbox (stick), Xbox 360 (stick), PS (pad), Gamecube (stick).
Street Fighter series: Pad, always on any console.
Tekken series: PS (pad), Xbox 360 (stick).
Blazblue: Pad, always.

There's no absolute input rule, just what works for you. I'd be dishonest if I were to tell any of you to use a stick for a fighter without seeing if it works for you first. That's not to say you can't make it for you if you so desire. It's your preference.

History: The home arcade sticks concept was popularized by the fact that Street Fighter, till this day, uses six buttons while most fighters use four. Arcade sticks with a flat 6-button layout were ideal and reasonably so. Also the fact that fighters debuted in arcades first back then, giving skilled players 'input shock' when the game was ported home.

Today the idea of playing fighters with sticks is more for authenticity than optimum input and execution, as arcades are more or less dead and fighting games are comin out on consoles without arcade releases. More people never play certain games on arcade first - and has such development take into account pad usage.

Fighting sticks are still popular, and I use them when warranted. The recent sticks for the Capcom fighters are very high quality, and Khuntri has a kick ass stick for Tekken 6.

Interestingly, I never see you guys raise such a fuss for steering wheel controllers for racing games or flight sticks for dog fighting games.

The Mask
01-17-2010, 10:03 AM
i really like the standard xbox control. it fits my hands well and is comfortable and i am fluid with it. why the hate?

Kalyx triaD
01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
For me it's the crap d-pad, but other than that it's a good controller. If PS3's controller didn't have those weird shoulder triggers and convex thumbsticks it would be my fave.

BigDaddyCool
01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Cause kalyx is a big baby.

Super V
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
When did bigdaddycool become a horrible unfunny version of Kane Knight? After the divorce?

BigDaddyCool
01-19-2010, 05:49 PM
When you're mama didn't put out. Plus I've never been funny.

Super V
01-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Constantly admitting it makes it even sadder.

BigDaddyCool
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Good point, thanks for noticing. Faggot.

The Mackem
01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm never returning from wireless...ever. It took me too long to adapt from thinking I was going to pull the console away from it's moorings if I didn't put the pad down. Is the plastic d-pad so bad for you because it doesn't react well to the enormous mashings you give it? I don't think I use it so much to be able to comment on it.

Super V
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Good point, thanks for noticing. Faggot.
Whooooa easy there big fella. Someone get BDC a fat chick, he's upset.

Kalyx triaD
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Someone say fat chick?

:shifty:

Kalyx triaD
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM

Fuck you.

RoXer
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
If you play pick-up geams at the Y but don't go all out with kneepads, goggles, and multi-colored wristbands than you're not a real basketball player.

Kalyx triaD
02-05-2010, 09:22 PM
And black, you have to be black.