PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of burying Jericho repeatedly?

Ninti the Mad
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
It just makes me hate DX.

Nicky Fives
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
He's the best heel WWE has....... marks like when heels lose/get humiliated...... DX are the most popular wrestlers on Raw....... marks cheer who they like....... they cheer even louder when faces go over heels..... it's all rather simple....

Xero
01-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Even with Jericho being buried he still comes off awesome. I don't think this is hurting him at all, to be honest. I'd love for him to be in a better position, obviously, but he's always amazing.

Plus, as Nick said, he's a cowardly/cocky heel. His character calls for him to get his comeuppance. Just happens to happen every week...

Look at it this way: He's one of the only (if not the only) non-champion who appears on both RAW and SD. WWE obviously has love for him. In fact, he isn't being buried on SD, just RAW.

Juan
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree with Nicky Fives and Xero

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah he's so good he doesn't get hurt by this kind of stuff. And they obviouly love him because he's always on both shows.

Juan
01-14-2010, 07:02 PM
PS. Fuck the Spurs :mad:

Wishbone
01-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Jericho is awsome no matter what he's doing as long as he's on my tv each week I'm happy

jskinnyg
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Jericho is awsome no matter what he's doing as long as he's on my tv each week I'm happy

I TOTALLY Agree... I never buy merch, but I got some of Jericho's from past years cause he's ALWAYS been good in and out of the ring... Wish I could find my old 100% Jericholics T...

jskinnyg
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
It just makes me hate DX.

And F*** The CowGirls... Minnesota will take care of them Sunday... Have a nice day...

NoRoolz
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Semi-relevant post.

nick55555... why the 5's? And why so many? Why 5.

I love Chris Jericho.

NoRoolz
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Nicky Fives

Awesome name. Sounds gangster as fuck.

Gertner
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Don't worry, CM Punk is about to take his spot as if Punk hasn't been buried enough lately.

thecc
01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Don't worry, CM Punk is about to take his spot as if Punk hasn't been buried enough lately.OMGZ, JERICHO SHOULD JOIN CM PUNK'S STABLE!!!!~~~

thecc
01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
but not really

Kane Knight
01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Jericho in the Doghouse with CM Punk?

Rock Bottom
01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Jericho has gotten pretty boring and stale the way they have him now.

Droford
01-15-2010, 03:34 AM
If you didnt mark out for the return of the Conspiracy Victim signs then you're an idiot. Its a shame they arent in D.C. anytime soon for him to go to the Supreme Court and try to get his ban on RAW overturned.

Its basically that character on a main event scale instead of being burried at the bottom somewhere.

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Semi-relevant post.

I love Chris Jericho.

Dunno for sure, but I always thought maybe he was inspired by the fact that Booker T always referred to himself in WWE as a "five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, FIVE-time...WCW Champion!" But I could be wrong.

p.s. - Hulk Hogan, we comin' for you n****! :shifty:

GoneFishing
01-15-2010, 08:04 AM

Agreed.

FACT: Chris Jericho is the reason why Waldo is hiding. (joke)

Skippord
01-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm glad you told us that was a joke

Corporate CockSnogger
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Agreed.

FACT: Chris Jericho is the reason why Waldo is hiding. (joke)

Hang on, that was a joke? :eek:

Corporate CockSnogger
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Damn Skippord got there first

GoneFishing
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Hang on, that was a joke? :eek:

It isn't a joke...

Chris Jericho is always watching, I'm afraid he's coming for me.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
They're probably just trying to give Jericho something to do before Edge comes back. Or possibly building to Jericho winning the Rumble. Either way, it doesn't bother me.

Nark Order
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
It's already been said but Jericho is in a similar position to Big Show right now. It doesn't matter how you make him lose at this point as you could call him into the main event at any point on a whim and it would be believable.

KIRA
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Its not burial, its fun watching Jericho scheme and manipulate to get back on RAW each week and be humiliated only to try again the following week.

Theo Dious
01-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Its not burial, its fun watching Jericho scheme and manipulate to get back on RAW each week and be humiliated only to try again the following week.

Seriously. When the hell did a heel losing repeatedly become "burial?" By that standard they really buried Ted DiBiase in the 80s.

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
You guys wanna talk about a burial, let's talk about Mike Knox. Anybody else see that shit last night on Superstars? Knox teamed with Haas and took on fucking Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang and still lost...how is this possibly justified?!

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
The logical reasons for this have already been brought up. Jericho is a heel, hence he is meant to make the babyfaces (the guys who move merchandise, sell tickets, etc.) look good. That being said, I don't enjoy RAW Jericho nearly as much as I do SmackDown! Jericho. On SmackDown!, Jericho seems like a more serious character, and someone who could legitimately claim to be "The Best in the World At What He Does." On RAW, it feels like he is a main event comedy character.

I don't consider it a burial. If Triple H and Shawn Michaels are working with you week in and week out, they must have some fun doing it. Jericho's run on RAW also hasn't ended with his Tag Team Title reign. The WWE obviously want him on their flagship show for a reason (this is in addition to being on one of their "other shows"). Do I consider it the absolute best and most exciting way to use Jericho? No.

XCaliber
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
It's DX's final run I believe so they're making the most of it by putting them up against two other greats in the business today. To me that was much better than having him job to JTG like he did a few months back that was just awful. Have to agree that there just now trying to keep him busy until Edge can return as I'm confident they will face one another at WM26.

Xero
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
It's DX's final run...

Don't kid yourself.

XCaliber
01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't kid yourself.

Meant before they split up then retire then decide to comeback and maybe start all over again.

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I really want to see Shad Gaspard turn heel and become Chris Jericho's bodyguard. I think that would be tremendous.

Favre4Ever
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Jericho will never be "buried". There is zero percent chance we'll look at him in three years and think Chavo had it better.

parkmania
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I really want to see Shad Gaspard turn heel and become Chris Jericho's bodyguard. I think that would be tremendous.

and then they could BOTH join CM Punk's stable :shifty:

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-15-2010, 09:39 PM

completely random, but I'd be down.

CSL
01-15-2010, 09:45 PM
THE HNIC

Damian Rey
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Jericho's the man. He's proved it since the heel turn. First, his feud with Michaels, then the title run, then the switch to SmackDown and birth of JeriShow. I do agree he's better used on SmackDown, but the fact that I get to see him twice a week is fine with me.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2010, 05:58 AM
I loved it when Chris Jericho was World Heavyweight Champion, then lost it to Batista; but won it back in like a week. Because he is that fucking good.

Kane Knight
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Jericho will never be "buried". There is zero percent chance we'll look at him in three years and think Chavo had it better.

Yeah, but "buried" seems to take on a completely different connotation in the IWC. Generally speaking, Jericho is "buried" despite being featured on multiple shows, in main event matches, week in and week out.

Compare to CM Punk, who was said to be "buried" pretty much any time he so much as lost a match.

Nicky Fives
01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Semi-relevant post.

I love Chris Jericho.

I like 5's....... having 5 fives after my name is just easier to remember than 4 or 6..... However, I do like Nicky Fives......

Nicky Fives
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Dunno for sure, but I always thought maybe he was inspired by the fact that Booker T always referred to himself in WWE as a "five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, FIVE-time...WCW Champion!" But I could be wrong.

p.s. - Hulk Hogan, we comin' for you n****! :shifty:

lol.... nope..... read above...... thanks for all the concern about my name though

Kane Knight
01-17-2010, 11:59 AM
lol.... nope..... read above...... thanks for all the concern about my name though
I'm concerned about your name, too. Ever since he started hanging around with those hoodies down the street...