PDA

View Full Version : New Transformers cartoon coming...

parkmania
01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
The channel formed from Discovery Kids with new partner Hasbro (see “Hasbro Buys into Discovery Kids”) will be called The Hub, the company announced Thursday. CEO Margaret Loesch explained the rationale for the name. “A hub is a place where great things come together – and that is precisely what The Hub network will be when it launches,” she said.

A Transformers series is part of the plan, according to the announcement, along with My Little Pony, Adventure Camp, and Flight 29 Down.

The Hub will launch this fall in about 60 million homes in the channel space presently occupied by Discovery Kids.

RP
01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
NEAT!

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Let's hope it's more serious than the Animated show, which wasn't that bad but...

Jeritron
01-15-2010, 06:37 PM
I hope its a great show for kids to enjoy, just like its intended to be. Grown men complaining about it online is ridiculous

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2010, 06:49 PM
When you have the VO department giving a great many nods to G1 work, then you have to imagine they had the older crowd in mind as well. I know TFs target audience, but historically they usually try to appeal to G1ers as well. I love that they reinvent themselves so I'm not some purist, please don't get me confused with BDC.

I think Animated could have done better tonally even as a kids show, that's not me saying that as an older fan, that's just my view on it.

parkmania
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Just so long as the stories focus on the bots. A few of the shows were actually "Kids and Their Robot Pals" instead of "Transformers".

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2010, 06:56 PM
The anime trilogy doesn't count. Ugh.

Shadow
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Animated appealed to everyone. Just wish Season 3 hadn't been such a let-down though.

parkmania
01-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll admit, I really didn't get much of a chance to see Animated. I have the discs for season 1, but that's about it.

Kalyx triaD
02-06-2010, 11:57 PM
The new cartoon, "Transformers Prime", will be CG animated.

parkmania
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Hopefully the storyline will be as good as the last CG series ended up being once Beast Wars/Machines hit their stride.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Beast Wars Season 2 is the best season of any Transformers show.

Shadow
02-09-2010, 12:48 AM
The lead up to the Agenda was the best Transformers ever.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Dinobot's farewell episode "Code of Hero" was an awesome episode, after that it wasn't until Depth Charge's arrival in season 3 that anyone beat Rampage by themselves.

Kalyx triaD
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I always thought it was weird how the Predacons never just stormed the Maximal base with Rampage leading. He was stupid powerful.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
He was also stupid insane. Remember, he began life as a twisted Maximal experiment to replicate Starscream's immortality. Only it went horribly horribly wrong and lead to Rampage. Also, Megatron was too devious for that sort of action. He perfered a much more...subtle approach to things.

Buzzkill
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Parkmania aren't you 40 years old

parkmania
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Parkmania aren't you 40 years old

Nope, only 37.

Kalyx triaD
02-11-2010, 11:36 PM
He was also stupid insane. Remember, he began life as a twisted Maximal experiment to replicate Starscream's immortality. Only it went horribly horribly wrong and lead to Rampage. Also, Megatron was too devious for that sort of action. He perfered a much more...subtle approach to things.

BW Megatron was a fairly arrogant prick. I think if he was in G1 Megatron's army he'd be less trust worthy than Starscream himself.

Kalyx triaD
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Transformers Prime details from SDCC:

Transformers Prime debuts this October as the flagship program on Hasbro's new TV channel, the Hub. Reuniting Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as the original Optimus Prime and Megatron, the show is being talked up as a huge leap forward for Transformers cartoons, with cutting-edge CGI graphics, ongoing storylines where the consequences of one episode carry over to the next, and themes that aren't necessarily more "adult" - the makers stressed it's for viewers of all ages - but they are more sophisticated than what's been seen before.

Movie writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are deeply, "emotionally" involved in the show, and they're relishing the opportunity to explore Transformers lore in ways the movies can't. This is their opportunity to dig into the robot mythology to an extent that just isn't possible to do in the movies. They also say that the humans partner with Transformers to a greater extent than in the movies, where there are limits to how much the actors can interact with the CGI elements.

They say the show is in the same loose continuity as all the other Transformers project, and the basic premise is that this is set a couple years after the events of the movies. The world has been quiet for some time, but a few Autobots have remained behind in case something happens. According to the writers, SOMETHING DOES. (And it involves Megatron.)

Kalyx triaD
07-23-2010, 05:08 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAi_MJay5Xw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAi_MJay5Xw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BigDaddyCool
07-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Marks the fuck out!

Loose Cannon
07-23-2010, 01:18 PM
The rebranded channel will air programming for children ages 6-12, drawing largely on the libraries of both parent companies. Programs confirmed to be featured on the network include The Transformers, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, My Little Pony, Adventure Camp, Flight 29 Down,[7] Strawberry Shortcake, Fraggle Rock, Meerkat Manor, Pound Puppies, Deltora Quest and The 99.[8] Additionally, a show called Family Game Night, based on Hasbro's game properties, will air as well.[9]

The Hub has announced the addition of six new shows: Pictureka!, The Adventures of Chuck and Friends, Transformers: Prime, G.I. Joe: Renegades, In the Night Garden and Dennis and Gnasher.[10][11][12]

Loose Cannon
07-23-2010, 01:19 PM
wow, fucking awesome. Pound fricken Puppies

parkmania
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Where's the Monchhichis???