PDA

View Full Version : I'm really liking the Dolph Ziggler/Kane program.

Anybody Thrilla
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I think that Dolph Ziggler can definitely use a rub from a veteran like a Kane to help rebound from his unsuccessful attempts at capturing the Intercontinental title from Rey Mysterio.

Kane's also showing a great deal of in-ring competence in the matches. He plays the 'scary big man' very well.

All three of thier matches have been surprisingly fun to watch, and I like how they're using nothing but the matches to tell the story of the feud so far. No shitty storylines. No cheesy gimmicks. They're not even cutting promos on each other. Just straight up wrestling. The series has an 'old school feud' feel to it, and I'm liking it a lot right now.

Agree? Disagree? Haven't watched any of it?

To open this thread up a little bit, I guess I'll ask a couple questions.

*Who do you think would benefit more from getting the final duke in this series, and who do you think ultimately will?

*How would you book it from this point?

Inadequacy
01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Ziggler looked pretty bad ass when he almost choked out Kane in their beat the clock match

Anybody Thrilla
01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Then he did it again in the second match and won by count out. Then he TRIED to again in the third match, but Kane found a way around it by smashing him into the ringpost.

Wishbone
01-16-2010, 07:11 PM
yeah it's been pretty interesting thus far I'd have to say I think Mr.Ziggles would benifit more from winning this fued and as far as who will I really couldn't say at this point both seem like good choices

Supreme Olajuwon
01-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Dolph seems to handle himself well around big men as he's pulled decent matches out of both Batista and Khali.

RKO'em
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah Dolph takes big men well.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
kinky

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I have been really enjoying this program. Dolph Ziggler does work well with big men, and that is a trait that will take him far. It seemed like the WWE lost interest in him for a while, but Ziggler is definitely a guy that I think the WWE should invest in. He's a very talented young man, and has got a very bright future.

That being said, he's the obvious choice to benefit most from winning this feud. I love Kane, but his credibility is pretty embedded right now. I do like how this hasn't been a walk for Ziggler, and Kane got the victory on SmackDown! this week.

If I recall correctly: Dolph Ziggler was eliminated by Kane from last year's Royal Rumble in a matter of seconds. They should bring this up in the feud, and include both Kane and Ziggler in the Royal Rumble. Then you can either show Ziggler's growth by having him last with Kane this year; or you can have Ziggler look all focused, but still get outsted by Kane in a matter of seconds -- continuing Ziggler's frustrations with Kane.

XCaliber
01-17-2010, 11:04 AM
It's been a good series us matches thus far and I'm sure it will be Ziggler that gets the push afterwars but it will likely end with Kane squashing him. With that said I'm thinking what will keep this feud rolling is by having Dolph eliminating Kane in the Rumble. Wouldn't be surprised if both of these guys end up being in the MITB match although I doubt either of them would win it Dolph should have an IC run first.

Flair Wooo
01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
It's been a good
seires thus far ric flair will beat him at wrestlemania!!!

Wooooooooo!!!

Emperor Smeat
01-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Ziggler would benefit the most by winning the feud since he's newer and would be a great start towards making him be higher on the card.

Although the feud itself has been pretty even and entertaining so far that even if Kane were to win the final match, Ziggler would be benefiting the most just for being seen as "even" with a Kane quality wrestler. As long as WWE doesn't do anything to ruin the feud/build-up with a horrible squash or momentum killer.

Mr. Nerfect
01-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I just watched the latest installment of their series. Wow. Kane is doing some of the very best work I have seen from him against Ziggler. He's proving that he really gets the psychology of the business. Ziggler is really impressing me, as well. I hope the WWE are taking notice of him.

The Jayman
01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree with Noid. Kane usually does his better work when he is against a smaller, faster opponent. Ziggler is very skilled and it does show how well he can go against someone like Kane. I hope WWE does not ruin this like they have so many others

Anybody Thrilla
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I kinda wanna go back and watch their third match again. Is that weird?

Joesgonnakillyou
01-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Not at all, I enjoyed that match the most of all the smackdown ones. I was impressed. It told a great story. It's been a surprisingly entertaining feud

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2010, 04:50 AM

No, it's not. Despite it being a Kane match and all (and I am a huge fan of the guy). What Ziggler and Kane had on SmackDown! was actually through-and-through a tremendous wrestling match. Good on them.

Kane might not be a guy hovering around the title all the time, but a lot that is his own decision to put over younger guys. I imagine Kane would be really well respected, and actually have quite a bit of pull backstage. If Kane is enjoying working with Ziggler, I expect good things to happen in Ziggler's court.

I hope they start calling Ziggler's sleeper hold the "Z-Catcher."

Anybody Thrilla
01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I've never been a huge Kane fan, but I think I'm becoming one now.

screech
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I am a huge Kane fan and I am loving this program. Their third match was great. I expect [hope] to see good things for both of them because of this.

Sixx
01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
I like when people use the expression "give him a rub" when talking about wrestlers.

Anybody Thrilla
01-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Would you give me a rub, Sixx?

Sixx
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Would we cuddle after?

Anybody Thrilla
01-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Nevermind.

thejamminone
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
The matches were pretty good.

Johnny Vegas
01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
videos, hoes?

Juan
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
www.youtube.com

redoneja
01-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I didn't even know they were feuding. What's going on to make it so good?

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2010, 02:32 AM
I didn't even know they were feuding. What's going on to make it so good?

The matches themselves. There's not really too much of a story there behind really great match psychology.

It all started in a Beat the Clock Challenge. CM Punk defeated Matt Hardy in something like 7:12 to set the original time. Kane and Dolph Ziggler then wrestled each other, both looking to break the time and become the tentative #1 Contender to The Undertaker's World Heavyweight Championship. During this match, Ziggler got Kane in a version of the sleeper hold, and grounded him until time ran out. If Ziggler had more time, he might have actually choked Kane out, or something.

The next week, Kane and Ziggler fought a second time. This time, the match spread to the floor, and Ziggler managed to lock in his sleeper hold again. The referee was counting out both guys, and Ziggler slipped back inside the ring just in time to not be counted out while Kane was, making Ziggler the winner.

This past week, Kane and Ziggler had a third match. Ziggler again tried to lock the sleeper hold in on Kane outside the ring, but Kane backed Ziggler into the ring post this time -- learning from his past experiences. Ziggler would go for a Zigzag on Kane, but Kane caught it, and went to sidewalk slam Ziggler, but Mr. Ziggles back-flipped out, but then walked right into a Chokeslam for the loss. Cool finishing sequence.

So as we head into SmackDown! this week, Kane and Ziggler are 1-1-1.