PDA

View Full Version : 'Kai goes to a WWE Smackdown/ECW House Show

Vastardikai
01-17-2010, 01:31 AM
I didn't get to insult any ring announcers this time around, but I did get to see a good show. I was hoping to see the only 3 workers I wanted to see: Christian, Regal, and Jericho.

*I came in halfway through the first match. Which is bad. That match was between Mike Knox and Great Khali. Which is good. The match itself was barely watchable. Which means it's one of the best Khali matches I've ever seen.

*Out next is Vance Archer. He talks about how he's leading the charge for the new ECW and how there's no room for Heroes. Out comes Hurricane for their match. Archer wins. He got decent heat, and me mocking his tramp stamp.

*As Hurricane leaves, he's jumped by the Hart Dynasty. Out comes Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang to save the day. This leads to Hart Dynasty vs. Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang.DH Smith busted out a wicked Avalanche Belly to Belly, without falling backwards. Tyson Kidd is fucking amazing. Even his rest holds look painful. He is every bit as crisp as Ray Gordy wasn't tonight. Ray seemed off. Either due to his gimmick or that possibly talent skipped a generation here. Not a decent showing from him. Hart Dynasty won.

*Ring crew sets up a tarp and some clippers. Out comes CM Punk and Gallows. Punk does his usual heel routine to monster heat. He is coming off even more deviously as it is borderline sacrilegious how he was speaking of himself, in the Bible Belt no less. He gets a fan who is willing to give his life to the Straight Edge lifestyle. Then Punk cuts most of his hair off with a pair of clippers.

*Then comes the ECW GM to announce the ECW title match. She seems like she should work up the road from James Brown Arena: At the Discotheque. The match was between William Regal and Christian (2 out 3 in one match.). Good match from the two, including a great test of strength exchange, that featured one guy falling into a back bridge, getting sent to his back, applying a head scissor, and once that was shaken off, kipping up. I should probably point out that all of this was done by Regal. Of course it's a house show, so Christian retained. Match of the night.

*There was an Intermission, then they jumped right back in with an IC title match. R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre. R-Truth is incredibly over. Interesting spot where Drew counters a boot to the face with a Jawbreaker like attack on the ankle. He works the leg for much of the match, and Killings sells it well. Pretty Ricky does make the comeback, selling the leg throughout. He attempts to go up top, and McIntyre nails the bad leg to hang Truth out to dry. He then pulls him into the center of the ring, hits his finish and retains. Great Psychology here. Probably the second best match of the night.

*Up next is a women's title match between Michelle McCool vs. Mickey James. Felt really epic. Went back and forth. Mickey seemed off tonight. Beth Pheonix runs in and distracts Mickey. McRibs hits a big boot and wins.

*Main event time. 6 Man Tag Match. Coming out first is CM Punk and Gallows. Next is Chris Jericho (Hat Trick!), while Punk is doing some of Jericho's face mannerisms. Then comes Batista. Punk and Jericho start doing their impressions of RVD (The RV (Spinkick) D and the jumping splits kick) and generally torture the ring announcer. Jericho also does some karate impression. Out come the opponents. First Matt Hardy. He gets great heat, as always. Then Kane. Then Undertaker. I didn't notice it during the entrance, but he didn't have his coat or hat with him. What I did notice during the match was a limp from 'Taker, and he barely working at all. He did maybe one brief striking series with Punk, cleaned house, then tagged in Kane. He comes in and does a Taunt at Jericho. He would walk the apron, leaning very noticeably on the ropes as he puts weight on his right knee. Jericho has a spot where he grabs the house mic, announcing how he's the new "Baddest Man on the Planet," does some boxing against the turnbuckle. then shadow boxes at Hardy. Matt fires a right hand that decks him. Then while CJ is on the outside, Matt mocks him.

*Finish comes with Kane looking for a chokeslam on Jericho, but is speared by Batista. Batista gets Chokeslammed by 'Taker. Jericho does the Facebuster, goes for the Lionsault. He makes contact just as Kane grabs his throat. He stands and in comes Punk. Punk gets cut off by Hardy. stereo-Twist of Fate and Chokeslam and Kane gets the pin.

*Aftermath is interesting as well. Kane plays to the crowd while his theme plays. He exits the ring. Then Matt's theme plays and he throws up V-1s to all corners. He exits the ring. Taker's theme plays. Taker looks as though he's gonna drop to his knee to do his signature raise his hand thing. He lowers a little bit, stands back up and quickly exits the ring. I thought I had seen a grimace. The faces end the show by all three raising their arms at once with their backs to the ring.

I'm pretty sure I saw the Undertaker wrestle in Augusta for the last time. With way his knees are, 2 and a half months before 'Mania, I think he's done.

Droford
01-17-2010, 02:09 AM
that doesnt look like anything to write to tpww about

Juan
01-17-2010, 02:45 AM
Sounds like a fun show :y:

Mr. Nerfect
01-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Sounds like a pretty interesting show. It's cool that Matt Hardy got to main event. He doesn't really get to do that on television, anymore. CM Punk's character is definitely going into "cult leader" territory, which could be brilliant.

The Undertaker does not seem like he is in great shape. That he is still the World Heavyweight Champion makes me think that this is his last run.

VSG
01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
First Matt Hardy. He gets great heat, as always.

Since when does Matt get heat? Also nice focus on aging taker!

Lastly, I didnt know FCW had that many wrestlers to spare a haircut. They wanna create a stable of bald, straight-edge guys??

Evil Vito
01-17-2010, 10:20 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Hearing all of these reports about a broken-down Taker really depress me, despite the fact it makes sense as he's 44 (will be 45 a couple days before WM).

Still seems a bit fishy to me that they would let his WM streak end to the one guy who everybody knows REALLY doesn't need it (HBK), but I dunno.</font>

spunkynut
01-17-2010, 11:48 AM
So Punk's 'saving' people at house shows too?

Awesome!