PDA

View Full Version : I need your help, fellow geeks (Royal Rumble related...sorta)

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:31 AM
OK, so I'm having a Royal Rumble party at my house, and a friend of mine had a good idea of having a "Luck of the Draw" along with it. I'll put the numbers 1 through 30 in a hat, and everybody buys in for somewhere between 1 and 5 bucks (I haven't set that part yet). The number you pick will be your entrant in the Royal Rumble match. If your guys gets to the final four, you get your buy in back. If you guy wins, you take the whole rest of the pot.

Not everybody here will be a big wrestling fan, so I think this is a good way to at least give them something to be interested in. Do you guys have any other suggestions that would make this game more fun for everybody? Also, if you have any ideas for a Royal Rumble drinking game, please share them here.

Thanks in advance!

screech
01-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Maybe you could take a drink every time Cole brings up some Rumble Trivia/Facts.

screech
01-23-2010, 12:36 AM
A bonus for getting a "surprise" entrant?

Xero
01-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Every time someone skins the cat.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:37 AM

Not a bad idea, but what kind of bonus would you suggest? Double the buy in or so?

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:38 AM
ROYAL RUMBLE DRINKING GAME:

Take a drink when...

*A Rumble trivia fact is brought up
*Someone skins the cat
*Entrant number 30 is mentioned as "the odds on favorite"

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I like those two. I'll keep that updated as more suggestions come that don't suck.

screech
01-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Not a bad idea, but what kind of bonus would you suggest? Double the buy in or so?

Something like that. I didn't really think that far haha

Calamondin
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
The number 30 entrant being mentioned as the odds-on-favorite.

Ermaximus
01-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Every time someone mentions how HBK, HHH, Cena, or Batista have won the Royal Rumble where as Kane has yet to win one.
Every time Kane eliminates someone.
Take a shot for every person eliminated by Santino. Take 2 shots if Santino takes out a main eventer.
Every time you hear the word "Vintage."

screech
01-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Shot every time King changes his pick.

Or does he not do that anymore because he <s>is a face</s> sucks?

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 12:59 AM
He is a face who sucks, actually.

James Diesel
01-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Everytime they mention there being 2 winners that started at #1 and don't mention Benoit

CSL
01-23-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure somebody like FakeRazor or Stima mentioned a Royal Rumble drinking game fuck knows how long ago

Supreme Olajuwon
01-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Every time they wonder how a super heavyweight could possibly be eliminated.

Lock Jaw
01-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Zachary Fruhling, a Ph.D. Candidate in the philosophy department at the University of California, suggests that:

"It is important not to overlook food and beverages for your professional wrestling party. Traditional party food, such as nachos, popcorn, hot dogs, pizza, soda, beer, and so on, are the best foods to serve at a professional wrestling party because they evoke memories of live wrestling events or pizza/wrestling parties when they were younger. A professional wrestling party is not the time to break out the fine china or silver flatware. Stick to the kitschy foods that match the kitsch of the wrestling you will be viewing."

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Everytime they mention there being 2 winners that started at #1 and don't mention Benoit

That would be worth an entire bottle.

Rock Bottom
01-23-2010, 04:43 AM
That sounds like a pretty good way to keep it interesting. You should have the drinking version during a diva battle royal. I'm assuming there's going to be one.

RVDmark
01-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Every time you hear the word "Vintage."

For the hardcore among us. 1 Drink every time you hear the word "vintage" from Michael Cole. 2 Drinks every time you hear someone else saying it, ripping the piss out of MC.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Draw numbers out for each party member and have them down their drink when their number is eliminated. So if you have 10 guests, 3 numbers each.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Shot everytime someone says the words "both feet must touch the floor"

Everyone gets a bonus shot f Jerry Lawler starts saying "ok howard..." when finkel is explaining the rules.

A shot everytime the color commentator picks someone to win. double if they actually say "he's my pick"

Everytime the lead commentator mentioned how long someone has been in the match take a shot. Eg. "Mysterio has been in this match for over 30 minutes"

Cool King
01-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Take a drink when....

Someone complains about being eliminated (e.g. throws a tantrum, complains to the referee)

Only one foot of an entrant touches the floor.

Michael Cole askes Lawler/Striker what an entrants stragety should be.

An entrant is eliminated as soon as he enters the ring.

When an entrant is shocked that they've been eliminated.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Draw numbers out for each party member and have them down their drink when their number is eliminated. So if you have 10 guests, 3 numbers each.

In fact, as well as that, drink every time your number eliminates somebody.

Triple Naitch
01-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Just take a drink every time your number eliminates somebody. And when your number gets eliminated, you have to take a double shot of the nastiest shit in the house.

Haze
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM
A player should be able to give a drink for every person that their entrant eliminates.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Great ideas guys, keep 'em coming! I'll update the 'official' game later.

Evil Vito
01-23-2010, 11:17 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Don't forget to take a drink when they mention that #27 is the "lucky number"</font>

Xero
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Any time they mention that "both feet must hit the floor".

Edit: Been said. :-\

Kapoutman
01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
With my friends at the Rumble, we play "call the spot". When you see something happening, you call it and if it does happen, everybody drinks. If it doesn't, you drink twice.

Example from last year:

*Santino Marella enters*
Me: I'm calling he won't last 10 seconds.
*Santino goes after 1 second*
*Everybody drinks*

So you can call any spot, such as calling the next entrant, calling an elimination, or any usual Rumble spot, such as tag partners suddenly pairing off and fighting or someone hiding under the ring. pretty simple game.

Evil Vito
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM

<font color=goldenrod>The problem with this is what actually constitutes a surprise entrant? The past couple of years they've gone into the Rumble with 5+ entrants yet to be announced but most of them wind up going to active guys that just were never officially announced. Doesn't feel like a genuine surprise, I suppose.

Guess you could go here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/whosinroyalrumble2010/

Before the show and write down everybody listed (currently 24 officially announced guys) and anyone else is a surprise entrant...though it hardly seems worth taking a shot just to see Matt Hardy or R-Truth enter</font> :shifty:

screech
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The problem with this is what actually constitutes a surprise entrant? The past couple of years they've gone into the Rumble with 5+ entrants yet to be announced but most of them wind up going to active guys that just were never officially announced. Doesn't feel like a genuine surprise, I suppose.

Guess you could go here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/whosinroyalrumble2010/

Before the show and write down everybody listed (currently 24 officially announced guys) and anyone else is a surprise entrant...though it hardly seems worth taking a shot just to see Matt Hardy or R-Truth enter</font> :shifty:

My thinking was since they usually save a spot or two for someone who is returning or a former superstar coming in for a one-off (i.e. RVD), it could be done.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 05:41 PM
With my friends at the Rumble, we play "call the spot". When you see something happening, you call it and if it does happen, everybody drinks. If it doesn't, you drink twice.

Example from last year:

*Santino Marella enters*
Me: I'm calling he won't last 10 seconds.
*Santino goes after 1 second*
*Everybody drinks*

So you can call any spot, such as calling the next entrant, calling an elimination, or any usual Rumble spot, such as tag partners suddenly pairing off and fighting or someone hiding under the ring. pretty simple game.

This would be good if everybody was a big wrestling fan. The problem is, a lot of the people here won't be wrestling fans at all. Seems unfair to them.

There are 28 confirmed entrants, right? I could write down those 28, and whenever someone on the list enters, I can cross them off. That leaves room for 2 surprise entrants, even if they are Kung Fu Naki and Slam Master J. It could work.

Evil Vito
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
There are 28 confirmed entrants, right? I could write down those 28, and whenever someone on the list enters, I can cross them off. That leaves room for 2 surprise entrants, even if they are Kung Fu Naki and Slam Master J. It could work.

<font color=goldenrod>I think just the 24 on the site are confirmed. There was a leaked list with 28 names, but it hasn't matched up...that list didn't have Khali, Regal, or Hurricane but all are in.

I wish I had enough friends in the area to do something like this. Shame they're all off at different schools.</font>

McLegend
01-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I must give you mad props for Royal Rumble pool... Excellent idea :y:

I have nothing else to add.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 06:50 PM
It was actually my friend's idea, but I'll let him know.

Haze
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
How bout drink anytime a tag team partner turns on the other?

ministrychick77
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
-anytime 2 or more people are eliminated at the same time

also don't forget about food and such.. i'd suggest hot dogs and burgers really.

Anybody Thrilla
01-23-2010, 11:10 PM
C'mon, I'm gonna have all kinds of food/alcohol. Gimme some credit.

Indifferent Clox
01-24-2010, 04:23 AM
just do a shot when anyone gets eliminated, switch to beer about 1/3 of the way through though or die trying.