PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a controller problem... (360 analog)

Xero
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
It seems that when I use the left analog stick it will stick (well, it more just lightly leans off center) slightly to the right every so often. It doesn't really break many games, but games with precision (platformers, for example) it can really fuck things up.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Or do I live with it?

The Jayman
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
not being a smartass but I would just buy a new one. I had the same problem with one and I was told it would be better to buy a new one.

Xero
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
That's what I figure's going to happen. Just want to see if there's a way around that since this is my second one (first one was destroyed in moving).

The Jayman
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I was told it was a spring in the stick itself and it can be a complicated fix so I just shelled out $40 for a used one at gamestop

Requiem
01-25-2010, 02:45 PM
If you're going to end up buying a new one, you may as well take the controller apart and see if you can't fix it yourself. I had a friend who would take apart S-types for original xbox and would put different springs in the triggers so they were springier. If anything, you could just fuck with it and see what you can do.