PDA

View Full Version : Noid's WrestleMania XXVI

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Not realistic -- don't give a shit. I'm just curious as to how many of you would order this card.

Winner Takes All: World Heavyweight Championship/WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Undertaker (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

-My wacky theory of Drew McIntyre winning the 2010 Royal Rumble comes to pass, due to DX miscommunication in the final three. McIntyre is Mr. McMahon's "chosen one" heading into the match, and has defended his title shot against Shawn Michaels at Elimination Chamber, while The Undertaker has just gone on doing his thing. Streak vs. streak, both titles on the line, and Taker never having held the IC Title are all built-up during this feud.

WWE Championship
Triple H (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

-Shawn Michaels eliminates Triple H during the Royal Rumble. In the spare of the moment, Triple H distracts Shawn Michaels allowing Drew McIntyre to eliminate him. The two get back on the same page very quickly, but they lose the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship to CM Punk & Luke Gallows. Shawn Michaels manages to manipulate Drew McIntyre into putting his title shot on the line against him at Elimination Chamber, but he underestimates the Intercontinental Champion, and he is defeated. Meanwhile, Triple H bests a RAW Elimination Chamber to become the only nine-time WWE Champion in the company's history. Shawn Michaels manages to put himself in line for a WWE Title Match at Mania, and the issues between DX come to the forefront.

Extreme Rules Match for the ECW Championship
Christian (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

-At the Royal Rumble, it is announced by Tiffany that she has signed a former ECW Original to a contract with ECW and that they will be in the Royal Rumble. RVD reveals himself to be this person, but he is eliminated from the Royal Rumble by CM Punk. Earlier in the night, Christian retains the ECW Title against Ezekiel Jackson. The two interact on ECW, of course, and RVD ends up winning an ECW Elimination Chamber at <s>No Way Out</s> to secure an ECW Title Match at WrestleMania. Christian and RVD talk about the difference between the old ECW and the new ECW, and Christian wants to prove to RVD that he can beat him at his own game, and requests that their title match be contested under "Extreme Rules."

RAW vs. SmackDown!
John Cena vs. Batista

-Batista charges into the Royal Rumble with a head full of steam, but this works against him as he is low-bridged out by John Cena. In a rage, Batista re-enters the ring and decimates Cena, tossing him over the top rope. This leads to the two wanting to kill each other, and they are put into a match which to them is personal, but to management represents brand pride.

Street Fight
Vince McMahon vs. Bret Hart

-This is your "special attraction" of the evening. Vince McMahon and Bret Hart continue their little tiff over the weeks, and Vince mocks Bret, stating that he can no longer compete and is no longer relevant, and whatever. Bret eventually bites the apple, and says he will "fight" Vince McMahon at WrestleMania XXVI. Vince can cut a sinister promo when Bret signs the waver relieving the WWE of his safety at Mania by telling Bret that this is what he always wanted, and he's going to end Bret Hart at WrestleMania.

#1 Contender's Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Edge

-This is a match that I think everyone really wants to see. Edge returns, and he of course has a problem with Chris Jericho. The two men want to prove that they are better than the other. The "#1 Contender's" stip isn't really neccessary, but as both men want to be known as "The Best in the World at What They Do," and the World Heavyweight Championship representing that, having the stipulation can add a little bit of intrigue.

Triple Threat Match
Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

-Things with Legacy heat up over the next few months. If DiBiase & Rhodes aren't there to back up Orton, he abuses them for not supporting him; and if they do help him, "he doesn't need their help." Things are not aided by DiBiase eliminating Rhodes from the Royal Rumble Match. Orton and DiBiase, specifically, seem to be heading to a conflict, but on one edition of RAW, Cody Rhodes hits DiBiase in the back with a steel chair, and claims that he hasn't forgotten about how DiBiase eliminated him at the RR, and that Rhodes has been around longer, but DiBiase gets the movie roles and such. Orton looks pleased with this, but then also hits Orton over the head with the steel chair, and claims that he hasn't forgotten what Orton did to his father, and how he has been treated like a third wheel. The three are locked for battle at WrestleMania.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Kane vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Shelton Benjamin

-MITB is always hard to arrange, as it is normally for left-over guys, and there are a lot of guys who are left off the WrestleMania card each year, and so many would fit in this environment. I am happy with this line-up, though, even though there is only one ECW guy in there. CM Punk is the "defending champion" of MITB, but it is ordered that Luke Gallows & Serena are barred from ringside, under penalty of Punk being "eliminated from contention." Rey Mysterio also earns a spot, still trying to prove he can become a two-time World Champion. Sheamus has lost the WWE Championship, and wants nothing more than to regain it. Kofi Kingston has never been to the top, but was a shining star in the match last year. Kane is the veteran, and teases cashing in his shot against his brother in the main event of the very same event if he wins. John Morrison, like Kofi Kingston, is using the match to attempt to "break-out." The same goes for R-Truth; and Shelton Benjamin has been a part of so many memorable MITB moments, but has never won the match.

Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship
Matt Hardy & The Great Khali (c) vs. Big Show & The Miz vs. The World's Strongest Tag Team vs. The Hart Dynasty

Many of these guys belong on the PPV, and I think that this is the cleanest way to do it. You could put Matt Hardy in MITB, and have Big Show and Miz fight over the US Title, or have Khali face some other big dude. This gets a lot of popular and featured characters on the show, and also allows the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship to be defended. Hardy & Khali win the belts from CM Punk & Luke Gallows, perhaps with help from Rey Mysterio (to create personal issues between the MITB guys). You then have Big Show & Miz looking to win the belts and take their show on the road. The World's Strongest Tag Team has got personal issues with Show & Miz, while The Hart Dynasty just want to prove they are better than the best...period. Two RAW teams; two SmackDown! teams; two sets of belts.

Random Comedy Match
Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella

-Santino Marella is a popular character, and this storyline with Jack Swagger could actually be something to really put Santino in a position to bank on that. Marella is hurt by Swagger, he is none too happy, and he wants to get back at Swagger. The All-American American does not take Santino seriously, and loathes the comedy character, and the two head to this collision at WrestleMania, where the story is whether or not Marella can "bring the serious" against Swagger, who I feel could be a major player for the WWE in time.

WWE Women's Championship with Special Guest Referee: Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool (c) vs. Mickie James

-There will likely be something involving the women at WrestleMania, and this has far and away been the strongest feud the WWE has got going in those regards. It seems to be heading to the Rumble, but shenanigans can go down, and this can become something like Ivory/Chyna in 2001. Ew, I know. Beth Phoenix continues to play a wild card in the feud, and she is appointed the special guest referee by Theodore Long, to make sure we reach a conclusion between the two girls once and for all.

Pre-Show Match: 26-Man Battle Royal
Carlito vs. Caylen Croft vs. Charlie Haas vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Chris Masters vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Evan Bourne vs. Ezekiel Jackson vs. Finlay vs. Goldust vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. JTG vs. Kung Fu Naki vs. Luke Gallows vs. Paul Burchill vs. Primo vs. Shad Gaspard vs. Slam Master J vs. The Hurricane vs. Trent Barreta vs. Tyler Reks vs. Vance Archer vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. William Regal vs. Yoshi Tatsu vs. Zack Ryder

Interestingly enough, provided that all remain healthy and stay on the roster, there are 26 guys left over. A 26-Man Battle Royal on the pre-show could be a great way to showcase them, and give them the opportunity to perform in front of the WrestleMania crowd. A trophy can be presented to the winner of the Battle Royal on the big show, with them getting some promo time to set themselves up for the coming WrestleMania year. I'd go with a bit of a shock, and use this as a chance to put over Shad Gaspard -- who I feel could make the WWE a bit of money.

Nark Order
01-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Was actually afraid to click this for like an entire minute. Thought for sure the main event would've been Val Venis vs Paul London for every belt in the entire company.

Xero
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I stopped reading at Drew McIntyre main eventing Mania.

Bye.

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
See ya later, Xero. Didn't really have you in my heart when I wrote this.

Nark Order
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM

Bye.

Just saw that. Dear lord.

screech
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Will it happen? No.
Was it a good read? Yes.

:y:

The Show Off
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
It's a decently thought out card. I wouldn't be disappointed to see that Wrestlemania, nor would I be overly excited to see it as well...

--Drew McIntyre, while good, isn't built way enough to look like a legit threat to the streak.

--The idea of Undertaker in a title match at Wrestlemania annoys me because it throws away two special matches is one go, the world title and the streak. That and a world title match stinks when you know whose going to win...

--I'd love to see HBK/HHH for the world title as long as Shawn Michaels comes into the match as the heel... Even the other way would be good but I'd prefer Shawn Michaels play the heel against bad ass face Triple H.

--RVD vs. Christian would be cool, even though I'm a huge fan of both wrestlers their pariring isn't "amazing" to me...

--Cena vs. Batista makes a lot of sense at Wrestlermania since they are the two biggest names of their generation in the WWE. They have good chemistry with one another not to mention you keep them both out of the title scene which is good.

--Vince vs. Bret scares me, it could be cool but it could also be cringy bad.

--Jericho vs. Edge really has to happen, but I think one of these guys should go into Wrestlemania with a title...

--The Legacy triple threat is the best idea i've heard as far as beaking up the stable. However, I'm of the opinion that they should keep legacy together for another 6 months to a year. Right now it seems a little too soon, I think they should ive Cody or Ted a singles title first before the start breaking these guys up... Perhaps add a new member to be Ted's tag partner and Cody wins the IC title...

--I haven't liked the Money in the Back concept (the match is always good) since Wrestlemania 21, so any Money in the Bank is annoying. Especially since Mysterio, CM Punk and Shamus (all former Champions) are being wasted but being thrown into a multi person match where they should be individually showcased...

--The fatal four way tag title match seems okay, but meh...

--Swagger/Marella is pointless and I'm sure you know that Noid.

--Mickie/McCool if they keep up their storyline could be a pretty hot feud, but I don't know how long they can keep "Mickie is fat" intresting considering most of the people here are already tired of it.

This gets me thinking to do one of my own ideas for Wrestlemania XXVI... Maybe I will, not sure.

St. Jimmy
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Bye.

The Franchise
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Interesting read but I don't understand why so many fantasy cards are sooo fantasy and hardly have a shot of happening. Look at the past Mania main events:

Orton/HHH
Edge/Taker
Cena/HBK
Cena/HHH
HHH/Batista
HHH/Benoit/HBK
Angle/Lesnar
Jericho/HHH
Rock/Austin

Every single one has either featured a completely established main-eventer or someone in the midst of a massive push to the main-event that has been over for a good chunk of time before the WM. Drew McIntyre is simply NOT falling into any of these categories and would be an absolutely terrible financial move to main event Wrestlemania.

The Franchise
01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
^^ sorry that wasn't directed at Noid, just in general to "fantasy booking" which is a silly concept IMO.

I wouldn't order the card because it's not realistic (usually unrealistic cards are not good or are TOO good featuring like 20 dream matches).

screech
01-31-2010, 02:43 PM
To actually answer the question, I would order this card. The idea of McIntyre main-eventing isn't the best (business-wise) right now, but that's only one aspect. And, while I am not a fan of Undertaker being in a title match at Mania, but it is a pretty good card otherwise. I feel like I would be thoroughly entertained watching that.

Jeritron
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Why would there ever be a focus on Taker never having won the IC title? In a million years that would never happen/matter. That's why you lose me with these things. I still think you're a class act and all the power to you for being so passionate about this shit, but I think you have to get how the WWE works to book it

Lock Jaw
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Decent enough card except for McIntyre in the main event, and RVD being on the card.

I still barely buy McIntyre as IC champ.

As for RVD... well, technically nothing is wrong with it, but Lock Jaw's irrational hatred of RVD is well documented.

NoRoolz
01-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Decent card Alienoid06 :y:.

I don't order PPV's personally, but if I did, I'd definitely buy this.

Although, sorry to follow the crowd, but Drew McIntyre would realllly have to step up in a short time for me to take him seriously.

Mr. Nerfect
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Why would there ever be a focus on Taker never having won the IC title? In a million years that would never happen/matter. That's why you lose me with these things. I still think you're a class act and all the power to you for being so passionate about this shit, but I think you have to get how the WWE works to book it

The focus would go to the IC Title once the champion started sniffing around The Undertaker. I don't think it would make sense to take the IC Title off McIntyre before the event, as it would just be a logistics move, and there is really no one who screams for the belt right now.

It'd be two decades since Hogan/Warrior at WMVI, and the WWE could play that up to enhance the drama of the match. I'm not so naive as to think that Drew McIntyre headlining would be the most financially secure move, but you have so much else going on the card (besides RVD being around there, and the specifics of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, I honestly don't see anything else unrealistic about the card -- except for maybe Michelle and Mickie feuding for that long) that I think Taker/McIntyre could thrive with some help. The added drama of two titles being on the line does that, to a degree. Either Taker's streak will end, or he will walk out of WrestleMania a double-champion. For Taker fans, the event takes a lot of importance.

Also, in order to build up McIntyre for WrestleMania, you WOULD have to give him a credibility boost. No doubt about it. You would do that. Floating around the two you have multiple championships, some big clean wins for McIntyre, two undefeated streaks, Mr. McMahon and Bret Hart. And this would not be the match you most advertise for WrestleMania. The WWE Title Match, Vince vs. Bret, Cena vs. Batista and even Jericho vs. Edge, Legacy imploding, RVD's title shot and MITB would all be there to churn interest. Taker vs. McIntyre is all for the sake of letting people know that a new era is at hand.

Droford
02-01-2010, 02:10 AM
wrong thread.

whoops