PDA

View Full Version : *Edit* Montreal Canadiens fans deserve a butt kicking and a lesson in respect

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I know, someones gonna flame me, but I really don't care.

The Hockey fans in Canada are back to Boo'ing the US anthem.

Besides being disrespectful, do the Canadian fans realise that their owner is an American? Do they realise most the money spent on their sport are American dollars, that Canadian teams keep moving to the US because Canada doesn't support them.

I know, it's not about the "sport" it's about a "political statement", and I'm not looking to turn this into a political discussion on the war and everything else, but out of respect, boo'ing an anthem is wrong.

Everyone I'm hoping the US fans don't respond the same way, last time the fans of a Canadian team did this, the US fans returned the favor... but hopefully the US fans can show we have more respect and pride then to do something like that.

It's being suggested that everyone down here turn there back on the Canadian anthem, a "silent protest", I disagree, I say we stand, hand over heart same we do for the us anthem and applaud at the end same we do for the us anthem, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

sadio8
04-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I am canadian and well i find this to be really sad. Everyone should show respect for a country's national anthem and thats it. No need to boo or any of that crap like that ( go boo during the game not during the national anthem). You'd think by now this bullshit would have stopped?

P.S. - This has previously happened before, correct? You mind telling me when it happened? I remember it happened but i don't remember when and where it happened :\

da_king
04-12-2004, 01:29 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">
well i don't think it represents all canadians, just the loud, vocal ones who happen to be at the game. i don't agree with it neccesarily, i think it's far more effective to just remain silent with maybe no applause at the end if they really want to get a mesage across. it seems like almost every year it becomes an issue at some point durring the play offs. at the same time, i'm not outraged by it or anything even if it is an unfortunate happening and i don't agree with it.

</font>

The CyNick
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Not to sound like a 5 year old, but Americans started this whole booing anthems thing.

I believe it was in NY with the Islanders against the Leafs a couple of years back. Then it filtered into other cities.

I dont think anyone should boo an anthem, but I'd rather see someone boo an anthem then to commit war crimes in another country and kill innocent civilians in an illegal war. So maybe Americans should worry about making sure that George Bush is kicked out of the White House before they worry about what is happening at a hockey game.

BTW, the idea that Canadians dont support their hockey teams is just flat out wrong.

MoRcHeEbA
04-12-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah it was the islanders fans who actually started that shit. Also which canadian teams are owned by americans?

Heyman
04-12-2004, 02:52 PM
but I'd rather see someone boo an anthem then to commit war crimes in another country and kill innocent civilians in an illegal war. So maybe Americans should worry about making sure that George Bush is kicked out of the White House before they worry about what is happening at a hockey game.

LOL!

Best..........diss.............ever.

I love you CyNick. Seriously. :love: :heart: :love:

Heyman
04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah it was the islanders fans who actually started that shit. Also which canadian teams are owned by americans?

Canucks. John McCaw.

Can't remember who else.

MoRcHeEbA
04-12-2004, 03:00 PM
im pretty sure the canucks and the canadiens (maybe) are the only two teams, I know Toronto is owned by Rogers, Flames are owned by about 7 people all from calgary, Oilers are owned by about 10 from edmonton, ottawa is owned by melnick, so yeah only two canadian teams are actually owned by americans.

AlphaBean
04-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Not to sound like a 5 year old, but Americans started this whole booing anthems thing.

I believe it was in NY with the Islanders against the Leafs a couple of years back. Then it filtered into other cities.

I dont think anyone should boo an anthem, but I'd rather see someone boo an anthem then to commit war crimes in another country and kill innocent civilians in an illegal war. So maybe Americans should worry about making sure that George Bush is kicked out of the White House before they worry about what is happening at a hockey game.

BTW, the idea that Canadians dont support their hockey teams is just flat out wrong.

Word. I heard Todd Bertuzzi was breaking the backs of innocent children in Iraq for Bush.

Because hockey and politics are one and the same. :wtf:

PS: New York does not equal the United States. Same goes for Philadelphia.

You'd think Philly would boo the Canadian anthem, the US Anthem, the coaches, players, and the little kids who play between periods...

AlphaBean
04-12-2004, 03:04 PM
im pretty sure the canucks and the canadiens (maybe) are the only two teams, I know Toronto is owned by Rogers, Flames are owned by about 7 people all from calgary, Oilers are owned by about 10 from edmonton, ottawa is owned by melnick, so yeah only two canadian teams are actually owned by americans.

I'm sure it would feel like more than two if they both moved down here... :nono:

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
VEL, you really are a dumbass American. Go suck on GWB's cock.

TheJShow
04-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Montreal fans booing the national anthem I don't think was even a political statement. Canadiens fans have always been loud, and at times obnoxious. I doubt very much that this had something to do with politics, or at least not the whole incident.

Just the fact that an American team was the opposition.

I do find it funny however that the Canadien's are owned by (George?) Gillette, an American, who is helping turn this franchise around.

I'm a Habs fan and I thought it was very distasteful, but you have to remember that it is Montreal we're talking about - the same fans who started a huge riot because of Maurice Richard.

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 03:15 PM
VEL, you really are a dumbass American. Go suck on GWB's cock.

Dale, it has nothing to do w/ GWB, when you get a clue let me know.

King - I didn't mean all canadians, just the ones who boo'd the anthem.

Cheebs - I'm pretty sure that the Canadians are ownes by a guy from Colorado, I didn't say all teams and I didn't say some, I should have specified.

As for the Islanders/Leafs things, it was actually Leafs fans that started it and the US fans did it in response.

It was started by Candian fans, to show protest of the actions by the US a few years back.

That being said, protest, write letters, do what you wan't, but don't boo the anthem, that shows a lack of class and respect.

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 03:57 PM
By the way, I couldn't remember the exact situation when the US Anthem got boo'd a few years ago, but they were just talking about it on the radio. it was shortly after 2 candian soldiers got killed by "friendly fire".

in response the fans boo'd the US Anthem and then in response the US fans boo'd the candian anthem.

and before anyone says I'm only picking on the canadian fans, I think the US fans who boo'd in response also lack respect and are jerks.

The CyNick
04-12-2004, 04:22 PM

I dont think Rogers owns the Leafs. Its owned by a group of investors including The Teachers Pension, TD Bank, and some others.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Who gives a shit? They're stupid ass national anthems. They shouldn't even be played at sporting events, considering that like 1/2 the players aren't even from the 2 countries.

Don't whine about such a stupid issue.

The Mackem
04-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Man you guys should watch international soccer, it's very rare that opposing fans don't boo national anthems. The English are the only people who seem to get a telling off for it, so by large English fans have stopped doing it.

It's sport and fans will do anything if they think it gives them an extra edge. It's very rarely the majority of fans that do this sort of thing though.

Plus there are worse things you could do than boo a national anthem.

Marbear
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM

Toronto isn't owned by Rogers. That's one of the few teams in Toronto Ted Rogets doens't own actually. The Maple Leafs are owned by a few different conglomerates, including the Toronto District School Board Teacher Association and Bell Globemedia.

Also VEL, I believe you are referring to Montreal Canadiens, not Canadians. Don't blame what happened at that game on the entire country. Also, I think booing of national anthems is unacceptable anywhere. It's disrespectful.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Booing the Anthem is stupid

Oh well though...They can boo their way out of the playoffs when they lose

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Man you guys should watch international soccer, it's very rare that opposing fans don't boo national anthems. The English are the only people who seem to get a telling off for it, so by large English fans have stopped doing it.

It's sport and fans will do anything if they think it gives them an extra edge. It's very rarely the majority of fans that do this sort of thing though.

Plus there are worse things you could do than boo a national anthem.

Another reason for me not to like soccer, and it's not done to "give the team an edge", it was done to be an ass.

Also VEL, I believe you are referring to Montreal Canadiens, not Canadians. Don't blame what happened at that game on the entire country. Also, I think booing of national anthems is unacceptable anywhere. It's disrespectful.

Yes, let me be clear, Montreal Canadiens Fans that boo'd the anthem.

Markmas
04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I know, someones gonna flame me, but I really don't care.

The Hockey fans in Canada are back to Boo'ing the US anthem.

Besides being disrespectful, do the Canadian fans realise that their owner is an American? Do they realise most the money spent on their sport are American dollars, that Canadian teams keep moving to the US because Canada doesn't support them.

I know, it's not about the "sport" it's about a "political statement", and I'm not looking to turn this into a political discussion on the war and everything else, but out of respect, boo'ing an anthem is wrong.

Everyone I'm hoping the US fans don't respond the same way, last time the fans of a Canadian team did this, the US fans returned the favor... but hopefully the US fans can show we have more respect and pride then to do something like that.

It's being suggested that everyone down here turn there back on the Canadian anthem, a "silent protest", I disagree, I say we stand, hand over heart same we do for the us anthem and applaud at the end same we do for the us anthem, 2 wrongs don't make a right.Who gives a crap about boo'ing the American National anthem. After all it is freedom of expression. Besides both the canadian and USA national anthem's suck.

MoRcHeEbA
04-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Another reason for me not to like soccer, and it's not done to "give the team an edge", it was done to be an ass.

Yes, let me be clear, Montreal Canadiens Fans that boo'd the anthem.

Toronto also booed once... just blame eastern canada ;)

The Mackem
04-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Nah that cathphrase doesn't work. Blame Canada, it works for VEL.

Y2Ant
04-12-2004, 07:43 PM
I dunno why we even bother with national anthems before games anyway, i'm not really a fan of them.

It's funny watching them in soccer though because none of the players ever sing haha

The Icon of Elisim
04-12-2004, 07:49 PM
By the way, I couldn't remember the exact situation when the US Anthem got boo'd a few years ago, but they were just talking about it on the radio. it was shortly after 2 candian soldiers got killed by "friendly fire".

in response the fans boo'd the US Anthem and then in response the US fans boo'd the candian anthem.

and before anyone says I'm only picking on the canadian fans, I think the US fans who boo'd in response also lack respect and are jerks.

You've got it other way around. Canadians killed in "friendly fire" and they sing the national anthem in Detroit (may have been a moment of silence) and the fans boo. The series returns to Vancouver and some fans return the favour (I believe that the whole situation was blown out of proportion and the media made it into an attack on the soldiers, I'm not sure).

BTW I remember seeing a news conference where the Canucks banned everyone they caught doing it from coming to games

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
You've got it other way around. Canadians killed in "friendly fire" and they sing the national anthem in Detroit (may have been a moment of silence) and the fans boo. The series returns to Vancouver and some fans return the favour (I believe that the whole situation was blown out of proportion and the media made it into an attack on the soldiers, I'm not sure).

BTW I remember seeing a news conference where the Canucks banned everyone they caught doing it from coming to games

Sorry, I think you have it the other way around... I'll see if I can pull some old articles later, the Canadiens were killed by "friendly fire" the "friendlies" being USA and then Canadian Fans I thought it was a Leafs game, but it could have been Vancouver boo'd the US anthem and then the favor was returned, if I have a chance later (probably tomorrow) I'll see if I can find some articles from then online.

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Nah that cathphrase doesn't work. Blame Canada, it works for VEL.

I think I already clarified that point, but hey, it's a catch song, I loved when Robin Williams sang it.

VonErich Lives
04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
TIOE, There may be a little sports/confusion here... the basektball and hockey playoffs are same time of year, and I know there was an issue w/ Pistons fans boo'ing the Canadian anthem.

Let me also make this very clear, I think any americans who boo the canadian anthem deserve the same butt kicking and lesson in manners.

YOUR Hero
04-12-2004, 09:50 PM
There have been years where the Canadien (note the spelling) fans boo the Canadian National anthem.

YOUR Hero
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
VEL, you are so far off the mark on lack of team support in Canada, that it's disrespectful.

The Outlaw
04-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Who gives a shit? They're stupid ass national anthems. They shouldn't even be played at sporting events, considering that like 1/2 the players aren't even from the 2 countries.

Don't whine about such a stupid issue.

I dunno I always liked it when the anthem was played

The CyNick
04-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I dunno I always liked it when the anthem was played

It is irrelevant nowadays. I mean why dont they play the Swedish national anthem for Mats or the Russian for Mogs? It doesn't really make much sense anymore.

VonErich Lives
04-13-2004, 02:32 AM
VEL, you are so far off the mark on lack of team support in Canada, that it's disrespectful.

1) Way to comment on the topic there...

2) If all of Canada has all this great support for their teams, why have teams moved for financial reasons? "Supporting your team" doesn't mean 10K people in a 30K rink every night.

The Icon of Elisim
04-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Are you aware that most Canadian teams are small markets. Winnipeg has a population of only a couple 100,000 I believe. Plus contracts are paid in American funds and the exchange rate hasn't been too good for a while

The Mackem
04-13-2004, 05:14 AM
Let me also make this very clear, I think any americans who boo the canadian anthem deserve the same butt kicking and lesson in manners.

Shouldn't that read:

American fans deserve a butt kicking and a lesson in respect

:?:

Vega
04-13-2004, 05:23 AM
I'd boo our anthem too if it only represented our current government. The thing is, it also represents the people and our country as a whole so I would never do that. The people who boo anthems are ignorant.

The Mackem
04-13-2004, 05:31 AM
I hate it when people boo a deceased player's minute silence.

da_king
04-13-2004, 10:10 AM
1)

2) If all of Canada has all this great support for their teams, why have teams moved for financial reasons? "Supporting your team" doesn't mean 10K people in a 30K rink every night.

<font color="#ccffcc">
the problem isn't the attendance, for the most part, it's the ability to generate money apart from gate revenue through tv, merchandising, and so forth which is something the bigger markets have less a problem with. like TIOE said when you factor in the exchange rate and increasing sallaries it becomes a problem for canaidian teams who don't own their own buildings and therefore can't generate money from parking, concessions, concerts, etc. in addittion to having to pay rent.

</font>

YOUR Hero
04-13-2004, 10:55 AM
1) Way to comment on the topic there...

Name me a rink that holds 30K.

Don't be Heyman-esque.

The Mask
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM

haha i wonder why they boo you, with an attitude like that.

Rob
04-13-2004, 03:06 PM

You get the odd wanker but booing national anthems in football isn't a regular thing at all now. For the record, I don't recall the Scottish fans booing any national anthems... even the English one! (okay some might have there but that's more because they use the British anthem).

VonErich Lives
04-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Are you aware that most Canadian teams are small markets. Winnipeg has a population of only a couple 100,000 I believe. Plus contracts are paid in American funds and the exchange rate hasn't been too good for a while

But, if there such great support should a "small market" be a problem? I mean, a couple 100K and you can't support a team?

Shouldn't that read:

American fans deserve a butt kicking and a lesson in respect

:?:

If you've read this threa you'd know the answer.

<font color="#ccffcc">
the problem isn't the attendance, for the most part, it's the ability to generate money apart from gate revenue through tv, merchandising, and so forth which is something the bigger markets have less a problem with. like TIOE said when you factor in the exchange rate and increasing sallaries it becomes a problem for canaidian teams who don't own their own buildings and therefore can't generate money from parking, concessions, concerts, etc. in addittion to having to pay rent.

</font>

I understand all that, and yes, bigger markets = more money, but if a team truely has support, they'd should be able to survive, they might not make the cup finals every year, or might not even make the playoffs every year, but not everyone does.

Name me a rink that holds 30K.

Don't be Heyman-esque.

type-o, was thinking football stadiums and really YH, you should spend your time trying to come up w/ better examples then "basketball players and quaterbacks" and less time w/ the insults...

Wengerland
04-13-2004, 05:02 PM
You get the odd wanker but booing national anthems in football isn't a regular thing at all now. For the record, I don't recall the Scottish fans booing any national anthems... even the English one! (okay some might have there but that's more because they use the British anthem).

Euro 2000 play-off at Hampden they did a pretty good job of drowning it out.:o

YOUR Hero
04-13-2004, 09:08 PM
VEL, you're wrong on this. Stop stuggling, you sink deeper.

The Icon of Elisim
04-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Even if he is right a Canadian would never give up in a hockey debate to an American

VonErich Lives
04-13-2004, 09:37 PM
VEL, you're wrong on this. Stop stuggling, you sink deeper.

I'm wrong? about what?

So, your saying it's fine to boo national anthems, that it's not a sign of disrespect... ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.

YOUR Hero
04-13-2004, 09:42 PM
No. You know what I'm talking about. It has nothing do do with booing. You and I have been discussing something else.

El Capitano Gatisto
04-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Booing anthems has always been one of those hilarious things in football, that should never have been got rid of. It was always hilarious seeing one set singing their hearts out, and another booing like crazy. Doesn't happen really these days.

It's great in Ireland games, because they sing the anthem in Irish, and about half our players were brought up in England, so they don't have a clue what's going on. Then most of the Irish players can't speak the language either.

Beautiful.

El Capitano Gatisto
04-14-2004, 12:35 AM
I would have booed the US anthem if I'd been at the recent friendly in Dublin, too. Just to piss off VEL, and because I hate Americans.

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 03:51 AM
No. You know what I'm talking about. It has nothing do do with booing. You and I have been discussing something else.

I have? maybe you should try and stay on subject then, or start from the begining or something... maybe you should give your opinion on boo'ing the anthems so we know where you stand...

YOUR Hero
04-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I already stated that Montreal fans have booed the Canadian National Anthem before aswell. Then I responded to your remarks about fans in Canada. If I'm off topic, as you claim, it was in responce to you, in your topic. I'd say you should think before you speak.

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I already stated that Montreal fans have booed the Canadian National Anthem before aswell. Then I responded to your remarks about fans in Canada. If I'm off topic, as you claim, it was in responce to you, in your topic. I'd say you should think before you speak.

*yawn* Really YH, if you can't bring the "A" game, then just sit by the sidelines.

I'm still waiting in the other thread for you to explain how a QB has the same control of a game or more then a hockey goalie...

The Mackem
04-14-2004, 11:16 AM
It's like the two old men at the old folks home arguing over which game is better, Bingo or Dominoes.

Adder
04-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Someone should ban you Mackem. You cause so much trouble.

Adder
04-14-2004, 11:34 AM
*yawn* Really YH, if you can't bring the "A" game, then just sit by the sidelines.

I'm still waiting in the other thread for you to explain how a QB has the same control of a game or more then a hockey goalie...

Didn't you just say he's off topic?

The Mackem
04-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Look! Adder is outside of his cell (The discussion forum). BAN! BAN! BAN!

Adder
04-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I frequently frequent this arena. You on the other hand, a line has been crossed.

The Mackem
04-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I am like the No1 Ice Hockey fan on TPWW. I have played NHL 2004 once and once caught a few minutes of it on the TV. Plus I can name one team - Penguins.

So as you can see I know more about sports than you. :y:

Adder
04-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I stand corrected.

Rob
04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Euro 2000 play-off at Hampden they did a pretty good job of drowning it out.:o

"God Save The Queen" isn't the English national anthem hence the booing.

Rob
04-14-2004, 03:14 PM

You think a hockey goalie has more control over a game than a QB?

:lol:

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 03:21 PM

Ok, let's go through this again...

QB, has game of his life, throwing ball all over... and... WR or TE or RB's drop the ball. QB off the field.

Goalie, in goal, blocks every shot, other team doesn't score.

Rob
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
The outfield players have a lot more control than goalies do. Hockey, football or freaking Handball. American Football, QB doesn't perform then the team doesn't 99 times out of 100.

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 06:43 PM
The outfield players have a lot more control than goalies do. Hockey, football or freaking Handball. American Football, QB doesn't perform then the team doesn't 99 times out of 100.

ok... we're talking outfield and football? I'm lost...

anyway, American football, the QB can be great, but he needs someone else or he can't do crap. A goalie technically doesn't need anyone, if he stops every single puck, the other team doesn't score.

In American football, many teams have started crappy qb's, or been unable to throw and a great RB and a Solid Defense can win.

A Hockey Goalie has a lot more control then a Football QB.

While I agree, a Football QB does run the offense and his play has a big effect, but you can't compare it to the one guy who can use hands, feet, stick, glove and sole responisbility is to keep the puck out of the net.

Adder
04-14-2004, 07:27 PM
The point people are trying to make VEL is other teams have players that can decide the outcome of a game just as much as a goalie.

You keep throwing out examples of why you claim a pitcher or QB aren't as relevant, then you go and dismiss other peoples examples in regards to goaltending.

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 09:31 PM
The point people are trying to make VEL is other teams have players that can decide the outcome of a game just as much as a goalie.

You keep throwing out examples of why you claim a pitcher or QB aren't as relevant, then you go and dismiss other peoples examples in regards to goaltending.

Actually, the point people we're trying to make here is it's ok to boo a national anthem of a country.

The point in the Raycroft thread pertains to what you mention, I'll answer this over there.

When I responded to Rob, I didn't notice which thread it was in. my bad!

MoRcHeEbA
04-14-2004, 09:33 PM
OH CANADA OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUW PATRIOT LOVE IN ALL OUR SONS COMMANDS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VonErich Lives
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
OH CANADA OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
TRUW PATRIOT LOVE IN ALL OUR SONS COMMANDS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm hoping the Boston fans don't do that tomorrow night.

Last time it happened and Montreal boo'd, the Boston fans didn't, and they gave a big standing O after the Canadian anthem.

It's being suggested here that people turn their back. I hope not, I'd like to see the same respect given to the Canadian anthem that should have been given the US anthem.

A lot of people have been calling radio stations from Montreal or used to live in Montreal and they all say it's not Canadians, it's the "The french that want to succed from Canada". whatever, whoever, it's disrespectful.

El Capitano Gatisto
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
It's just an anthem. I say boo it, if it pisses you lot off so much. Shows it is working.

The CyNick
04-15-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm hoping the Boston fans don't do that tomorrow night.

Last time it happened and Montreal boo'd, the Boston fans didn't, and they gave a big standing O after the Canadian anthem.

It's being suggested here that people turn their back. I hope not, I'd like to see the same respect given to the Canadian anthem that should have been given the US anthem.

A lot of people have been calling radio stations from Montreal or used to live in Montreal and they all say it's not Canadians, it's the "The french that want to succed from Canada". whatever, whoever, it's disrespectful.

Its disrespectful to kill innocent people by the thousands, maybe the States should styop doing that and people will stop booing their anthem.

Just a friendly piece of advice from a friendly nation that shows protest in non violent ways instead of killing the innocent.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-15-2004, 12:37 AM
LOL yea I don't agree with the war either...but why does the national anthem have to be boo'd becuase of that?

WHATEVER THO

Boston 3
Montreal 1

THATS THE IMPORTANT PART

The Outlaw
04-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Dont you reside in Detroit?

The Outlaw
04-15-2004, 12:39 AM
LOL yea I don't agree with the war either...but why does the national anthem have to be boo'd becuase of that?

WHATEVER THO

Colorado 3
Dallas 2

THATS THE IMPORTANT PART

John la Rock
04-15-2004, 02:53 AM
I couldn't care less if they boo the US anthem. Any US team could do the same with Canada's. Not a big deal

VonErich Lives
04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
It's just an anthem. I say boo it, if it pisses you lot off so much. Shows it is working.

whatever, it's disresectful and shows a lack of class, and if the Boston fans boo the canadian anthem tonight I'll be saying the same thing about them.

VonErich Lives
04-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, although the team didn't show up, the fans did. Cheered the Candadian anthem, and cheered and sang the US. First time I can remember on TV the singing of the crowd was loud enough to hear and almost drowned out the singer.

road doggy dogg
04-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Didn't read all the replies in this thread, but just let me say:

Most Canadians don't consider Quebec to be part of Canada anyways. I mean, not seriously anyways.

*heel heat on Kapoutman and Zelda* :cool:

The Outlaw
04-16-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL

VonErich Lives
04-17-2004, 11:10 AM

Most Canadians don't consider Quebec to be part of Canada anyways. I mean, not seriously anyways.

Yeah, Don "Grapes" Cherry was on the radio and reinforced what everyone has said, it's the "french" candians, ones that don't even like being called Canadian and want to succed from Canada.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-17-2004, 11:14 AM
lol, Don "Grapes" Cherry. hahahahaha

It's either Don Cherry or Grapes.

natureboycv
04-17-2004, 11:26 AM
<font color=8307ff><b>Yeah booing another anthem isn't cool.</font></b>

road doggy dogg
04-17-2004, 01:50 PM

Oh and upon further reading of thread, I couldn't help but reply to this with a "ROFL".

samichna
04-17-2004, 07:59 PM
People don't understand hockey.

LOL @ a few retards in this thread, also.

Kapoutman
04-18-2004, 02:14 AM
People don't understand hockey.

LOL @ a few retards in this thread, also.

That is true. A goalie can sink a whole team.

Look at Jose Theodore.

Kapoutman
04-18-2004, 02:19 AM

I just discovered that. Guys from Ottawa were mean to me when I was there in 6th grade because I barely spoke english back then. :(

The Outlaw
04-18-2004, 12:10 PM
You should have threw Zelda at them