PDA

View Full Version : Ebert and Roeper on Kill Bill Vol.2

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to see it just based on their reviews. I didn't bother with the first one because it was pure action, but they said this one is really a complex dialogue filled film and whatnot. Plus David Carradine is the mang.

They said it was 2 thumbs wayyyyyyyyyyy up, and as much as it seems they do that for a lot of movies, they are fairly critical and I take what they say to heart, because htey know what they're talking aobut.

So you looking forward to KB Vol. 2?

Loose Cannon
04-12-2004, 03:14 PM
I Hate movie critics. They just piss me off. But yeah, I LOVED the first one, so I'm definately seeing the second one.

The Miz
04-12-2004, 03:49 PM
thought the first one was stupid but i'm gonna see the 2nd just cuz i have faith in tarantino.

Bazooka
04-12-2004, 04:00 PM
The first movie was awesome and I've been anticipating Vol 2(which came out late) for along time.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I personally use my friends as critics. If we have enough in common to hang around and do the same stuff, surely we would probably be interesting in slightly the same movies.

I think critics should just their honest opinions on a movie. If there is a mjor plothole, sure make a note of it, but I don't think that takes a 5-star movie to a 2-star.

Kris P Lettus
04-12-2004, 04:14 PM
thought the first one was stupid but i'm gonna see the 2nd just cuz i have faith in tarantino.

I'm guessing you're not an oldskool Kung Fu fan??

And yes, I'm gonna see the new one..

Boondock Saint
04-12-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm seeing it

Funky Fly
04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I fu</>cking loved the first one, and I will fu</>ckig love this one on Friday.

Tarantino could make a movie about a dog with diahrrea, and it would still be awesome.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Tarantino could make a movie about a dog with diahrrea, and it would still be awesome.

Yeah, True Romance WAS pretty good.

Champion of Europa
04-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I highly reccomend you see it Vol 1., if only just for storyline purposes.

But whatever.

Triple A
04-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Roger Ebert is the greatest critic ever. I usually don't agree with any other critic besides him. I have the same taste as him basically. He is the man.

Roeper is iffy.

Kill Bill Vol 1 was good, but disappointing, kinda, BUT, I don't think it's fair to judge it, because it's not what Tarantino originally intended. If it was the full movie, it would have been amazing. I don't think it's fair to judge it just based on the first half. Vol. 2 will probably be amazing.

Bo
04-13-2004, 04:28 AM
Yeah Im gonna check it out also. But after I see the Punisher first.

The Miz
04-13-2004, 03:52 PM
ebert is not the man. he gives thumbs down to david lynch movies and thumbs up to a whole bunch of hollywood garbage

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-13-2004, 07:35 PM
ebert is not the man. he gives thumbs down to david lynch movies and thumbs up to a whole bunch of hollywood garbage

I dunno, he usually has solid reasoning. He doesn't try sound too sophisticated, he's just straight up about it and makes sense. I don't always agree with him, but I'll listen to what he has to say.

MVP
04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
No, Kill Bill Vol. 1 was horrible.