PDA

View Full Version : This is what is wrong with wrestling!

Tyler Killer
02-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Absolutley nothing. It's all of you. You people sit in your homes every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, give or take a couple shows, and instead of enjoying what you once did, all you do is critizes the hell out of every wrestling show on television.

TNA: Oh these guys are SO old, which is very true, but who cares? I will however say, I wish some of the old guys would get themselves into shape if they want to be a part of the "new" TNA. (I'm talking to you Mr. Hall) The fact of the matter is, TNA has been breaking their own ratings record every week, except the last (Correct me if I am wrong) which means, just because you "Smarks" don't like the "old" guys, others do. I read some complaints about using old story lines from another company, WCW or WWE, but again I say who cares? The newer wrestling fans will take enjoyment from the stories, and to stay with the theme of the paragraph, just because some of you guys are OLD enough to remember the storylines from 10 years ago doesn't mean they can't redo some of them.

WWE: I hate hearing this term, the PG rating. All I have to say about that is, before the "Attitude Era," which in my opinion killed pro wrestling, what do you think WWF was? That was when all the greats were among us. Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, just to name a few as there was MANY great wrestlers back in that time. They created a product that was wrestling. So if you smarks are complaining about the PG era, all i have to say is go back and revisit the WWF before the Attitude era, you may see some similarities.

Basically what I am trying to say is, if you can't enjoy the product for what it is, don't watch. If you have to sit there and watch every minute of every show and want to pick out every mistake done, than of coarse your gonna find something wrong, and than come on here and post your findings. Enjoy it, or leave it. Plain and simple.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks for your take.

Skippord
02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
You people?

muffalufagus
02-11-2010, 12:48 AM
I blame Cena and Batista.

We need more CM Punk's.

Xero
02-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Just because I criticize it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.

Damian Rey
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
It's not so much the ratings or the ages of the guys involved so much as the product. TNA has been infamously known for producing lackluster television with poor booking, poor character development, and an unclear direction. How many times has AJ Styles been heel or face over the last 2 or 3 years? You can't expect people to invest in your product if you have no clear direction in terms of the company. TNA has been WCW-lite well before Hogan and Bischoff got there, and now it seems more prominent.

The PG rating is crap, but it doesn't necessarily take away from the product. At the moment, Raw is getting better by the week with interesting storylines and an actual purpose for each show. Even it's only because Mania's right around the corner, the consensus seems to be that Raw has taken a turn for the better for the last 2 weeks.

SmackDown! continues to be the best and most consistently booked "wrestling" show around. That's what a wrestling program should be. Outside of R-Truth getting what seems to be a prominent push (and even then, people have made efforts to justify such), SmackDown! is getting positive responses here week in and week out.

Not to mention, we all have the right to our opinion, and if a wrestling show sucks, like Raw and TNA has, then there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. Why would we settle? If you don't like to read negative, and often justified complaints, then don't read.

Tyler Killer
02-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Not to mention, we all have the right to our opinion, and if a wrestling show sucks, like Raw and TNA has, then there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. Why would we settle? If you don't like to read negative, and often justified complaints, then don't read.

You think you writing on these boards is going to make the product better? To answer your question "Why would we settle?" Well that one is easy, you have no other choice.

Damian Rey
02-11-2010, 01:52 AM
You think you writing on these boards is going to make the product better? To answer your question "Why would we settle?" Well that one is easy, you have no other choice.

First off, not everyone here watches anymore, and quite a few watch SmackDown! exclusively becuase Raw has so unbearable.

There's always a choice, and you saying there isn't is ignorant. This is why TNA us getting higher ratings. People are willing to change the channel and watch something else. ROH, along with other indy feds, are garnering more and more attention.

No one is settling. Except you, because you only want to focus on what is good, which is fine and dandy. In your opinion, we should enjoy what we have and be content, right? Well, that's your opinion. I don't agree with it, but I respect it.

And no, venting on the boards does not increase the product's quality. But it does make for intelligent and often enjoyable discussions/arguments. In fact, I've found myself enjoying wrestling in general more now than a few months ago because I can come here and analyze, discuss, and express what I feel when i watch WWE or TNA or ROH or whatever.

Indifferent Clox
02-11-2010, 02:06 AM
pwg

Shadow
02-11-2010, 02:06 AM

Oh you're gonna do well here.

Very well.

Skippord
02-11-2010, 02:51 AM
I enjoy how close minded the enjoy it or turn it off argument is

Damian Rey
02-11-2010, 03:09 AM
I enjoy how close minded the enjoy it or turn it off argument is

As do I. Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Rammsteinmad
02-11-2010, 06:27 AM
I only watch WWE PPV's now, and occasionally TNA ones.

Besides that I don't watch Raw, Smackdown, ECW or Impact, but I do read the results and then look up anything that interests me on Youtube.

Nobody cares. :y:

#BROKEN Hasney
02-11-2010, 06:36 AM
May I suggest a gimmick where you bitch about anyone that bitches about anything.

"Is complaining about the holocaust going to make it better? No, shut up"

sa
02-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Just because I criticize it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.

Me 2!!

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 08:17 AM
WWE: I hate hearing this term, the PG rating. All I have to say about that is, before the "Attitude Era," which in my opinion killed pro wrestling, what do you think WWF was?

I agreed with a lot of things in your post but this 1 kinda stuck out. I don't think the attitude era killed pro wrestling in fact I think it saved it. The product before it was good but it was losing it's fanbase b/c it was getting stale. The attitude era produced the highest rated shows ever in pro wrestling

Xero
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
The Attitude Era presented change. So does this era, but regressing to 80s-style booking in today's fast-past world is a huge mistake no matter how you look at it.

Gertner
02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Tyler you're such a twit.

I love the Toronto Maple Leafs with a passion, so does it make me a bad fan when I say they are fucking horrendous?

Tyler Killer
02-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I love the Toronto Maple Leafs with a passion,

:lol:

redoneja
02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
The Attitude Era presented change. So does this era, but regressing to 80s-style booking in today's fast-past world is a huge mistake no matter how you look at it.

What? lol, come on.

Steveviscious89
02-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Well the attitude era worked for a while, but that reputation has followed the wrestling business even to this day, so many people I talk to can't take the business seriously anymore. I'm actully right on board with Tyler (I agree with Tyler). I would go as far as to say that what we do here has never done any good for the business. I personally have limited my complaining because I understand that no matter what you do, you can't please everyone.

I actually quit watching in 2003. I started back up again with TNA a few years ago. Whether people think it was a good show or not, I was frequently bored with WWE's product, so I just stuck with one. That doesn't mean I thought every TNA show was awesome. I just found it more interesting personally.

KIRA
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
You people?

What do you mean you people?
:D

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Screw you, kick rocks, suck a dick, and go die!

BigDaddyCool
02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
It is boring a lack luster. Which is why I don't watch anymore.

Xero
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
What? lol, come on.

What? This is Vince McMahon's 80s style booking, it's all over the fucking place.

Xero
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Screw you, kick rocks, suck a dick, and go die!

Carlin?

TheHart
02-11-2010, 11:12 AM
What do you mean you people?
:D

HEY! What do YOU mean, YOU people!?

Ermaximus
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Carlin?

:?: My friend Black Sean says it constantly. I borrowed it to show my disdain for this Tyler Killer guy.

The Jayman
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
You wanna know what's wrong with wrestling?

"YOU AMERICA, F**K YOU"

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
That's hilarious, Jayman, yet true.

redoneja
02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
What? This is Vince McMahon's 80s style booking, it's all over the fucking place.

Please tell me you aren't serious.

Perry Saturn
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
As do I. Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Ignorance is also annoying

Swiss Ultimate
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I have always criticized wrestling...always.

St. Jimmy
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/xanadian9/128769397208228462.jpg

Sycophant
02-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Wow. What an idiot.

Anyway, you want to bring up pro wrestling before the attitude era? Whoever posted that regression to former style is not good has hit the nail right on the head. You knw what else really worked back in the 80's....synthesizers and flock of seagulls hair. Neither of those things would work today...times change and product has to evolve to meet demand. You can't possibly think that this PG crap was brought on because it was better for wrestling fans! It is force fed to us because Vinny Mac wants sponsorship money from kiddy companies. I don't agree with Cena much and I know it wasn't real, but Vince really is all about the dollar.

Furthermore, you getting on an internet wrestling discussion board and flaming on everybody for complaining is stupid. You are the type of moron who goes into an internet chat room for gay guys and starts yelling slurs at them...what is the point? You want us to shut up or stop watching? I tell you to stfu or stop reading...

Favre4Ever
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
LOL.

That is all.

Favre4Ever
02-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Actually that's not all because you almost made my head explode with that opinion piece. Wrestling was entering an age where appreciation for it had decreased dramatically in this country and the fans from the generation that had been brought up on it throughout the seventies and eighties had been reduced to essentially the die-harders. The Attitude Era pretty much re-energized the product and got a whole new generation of fans hooked on wrestling. Christ.

Londoner
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Would just like to point out this 'Tyler' person isn't worth being bothered about, only has 15 posts and generalizes alot of shite, if that winds you up you must have some problems.

XL
02-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Tyler has made me seen the err of my ways. No longer will I scrutinize or complain about anything.

Shadrick
02-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Maaaaaaan. *guitar riffs*

*walks out*

*stands at the top of the ramp*

*squats*

*pyro goes off behind me*

*knows its all because of Triple H*

FourFifty
02-13-2010, 04:06 AM
tl;dr

Arnold HamNegger
02-13-2010, 04:56 AM
My love affair with wrestling is like if I was married to the same woman for over 20 years. When we first met and fell in love during the 80's, she was plain and simple. During the Attitude/ECW/Monday Night War Era is when she got a tit job, dressed slutty & got tattoos. We had 3 ways with her friends and let me bang her in the ass. It was experimental, dirty and fanfuckingtastic!

Now, 20 years later...I still love her faithfully, but the tits are sagging, she's gained 50 pounds and I'm lucky if she gets me off 3 times a year. I still love her and never put her down to her face, but when I chat with my friends I like to comment that I wish she'd get her fatass in the gym, tone up her body and fuck me like the exciting dirty whore she used to be.

I certainly am not going to dump her after 20 years because some crusty jizzsock named Tyler Killer tells me I should and I'm not going to quit complaining about her backfat to my friends until it improves.

Now FUCK OFF and go back to trolling through your Mommies underwear drawer.

Juan
02-13-2010, 05:05 AM
My love affair with wrestling is like if I was married to the same woman for over 20 years. When we first met and fell in love during the 80's, she was plain and simple. During the Attitude/ECW/Monday Night War Era is when she got a tit job, dressed slutty & got tattoos. We had 3 ways with her friends and let me bang her in the ass. It was experimental, dirty and fanfuckingtastic!

Now, 20 years later...I still love her faithfully, but the tits are sagging, she's gained 50 pounds and I'm lucky if she gets me off 3 times a year. I still love her and never put her down to her face, but when I chat with my friends I like to comment that I wish she'd get her fatass in the gym, tone up her body and fuck me like the exciting dirty whore she used to be.

I certainly am not going to dump her after 20 years because some crusty jizzsock named Tyler Killer tells me I should and I'm not going to quit complaining about her backfat to my friends until it improves.

:y:

Xero
02-13-2010, 12:54 PM

/thread

Londoner
02-13-2010, 01:22 PM

LOL :D :y:

The Pope
02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong with wrestling, It's Bryan Danielson's WWE name " Daniel Bryan".