PDA

View Full Version : Trying to sell some of my "Collectable" Ps1 games.

Big Fat Mike
02-13-2010, 08:09 AM
I put an ad on craigslist ( I must be a glutton for punishment) for a few rare games, claiming that all prices were up for discussion and to contact me by e-mail. Mind you, I only listed FF8, Silent Hill, Threads of Fate, Saga Frontier 1 & 2, and Vagrant Story, assuming that I would see some legitimate interest.

Here is how one e-mail read:

Yo, I can do $70 for all of them.

I'm pretty sure that this guy thinks "that I am stupid" and that he is going to "rip me off" and then make a killing on eBay.
I'm not even going to bother responding to that one, but that along with some of the e-mails from Assman's thread about selling his collection make me wonder about the general public. I mean, I know what my stuff is worth, so don't be an asshole and try to buy Rome for a fucking quarter :mad:

G
02-13-2010, 08:28 AM
i would never take a response that started with yo seriously

Big Fat Mike
02-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I never take anyone named "G" seriously

G
02-13-2010, 09:48 AM
see now why do you have to go on and say something like that

OssMan
02-13-2010, 11:33 AM
oO ya people think that craigslist is some giant opportunity to rip other people off. another case of "hiding behind the internet." You have to be like "$150 OBO" or "price is firm" or something. I want those games though :shifty:

Vietnamese Crippler
02-13-2010, 12:16 PM
You put "OBO" in any ad and it's pretty much a signal that says "Please, low ball me, dickhead"

Requiem
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, people on craigslist think they can get anything for half what it's worth. Tried selling my PS3 on there before I changed my mind and didn't sell it. Had some guy offer me $150 for everything. :|

G
02-13-2010, 01:59 PM
when i sold my 360 on there, some guy offered to trade it for his psp. what

parkmania
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Let's see. This is what I would offer you if you were to try to sell them to me at my store (First number is cash value, second is trade-in):

FF8 - $4/$6
Silent Hill - $10/$15
Threads of Fate - $6/$9
Saga Frontier 1 - $5/$7
Saga Frontier 2 - $5/$7
Vagrant Story - $8/$12

FF7 and FF8 have PLUMMETTED recently due to being released on PSN/XBox Live/Wii Network.

The price I would sell these titles in my store totals $112, so if you could have gotten $70 I would consider that a win.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-13-2010, 07:27 PM
How would that be a win? If he sold them to you, of course he would get a lower value because you're turning the games to make a buck, that's just good business.

But if he's selling directly to the consumer, he should be getting around what you're selling them for, provided that you're not over/under pricing.

Big Fat Mike
02-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Silent hill is going for $35 on average on eBay. Same for Threads of fate. Haven't been bothered to check the rest. You are a cocksucker, parkman.

G
02-14-2010, 08:51 AM
so why haven't you put them on ebay. you are going to get a lot more if you sell them individually.

Rammsteinmad
02-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Legit question: what makes these games collecable?

Are they rare or hard to find? Or is it simply because they're PS1?

Emperor Smeat
02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Legit question: what makes these games collecable?

Are they rare or hard to find? Or is it simply because they're PS1?

A bit of both especially if they are complete sets (case, booklet, disc not scratched up). All except Final Fantasy 8 didn't pass the 1 million sales mark so not that many copies available and even less in "brand new" condition.

The opposite is going to happen with this generation's games since too many collector editions being made and in too much quantity made which will make their value not rise as much in the future.

Big Fat Mike
02-14-2010, 05:23 PM
so why haven't you put them on ebay. you are going to get a lot more if you sell them individually.

I have never bought or sold anything on eBay. Technology frightens me.

parkmania
02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Silent hill is going for $35 on average on eBay. Same for Threads of fate. Haven't been bothered to check the rest. You are a cocksucker, parkman.

You are right in that Silent hill is averaging $35 on ebay. HOWEVER, it is averaging $21.50 on half.com, and $28.50 on Amazon.

Threads of Fate is currently averaging $11.55 on ebay and $21.81 on both Amazon and Half.com.

I give approximately 35% of sale value in cash on the more pricey games, and 50% trade-in. MOST of the time, this is more than any other resale store in the area. "Bulk" titles get a bulk rate depending on the year the game came out.

Before you call me a cocksucker, please make sure you have all the facts straight.

Oh, and don't believe me on the prices I've quoted? Please feel free to doublecheck me based on the third-party website: http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/