PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Some Wii Games

KYR
02-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I got a Wii console as a birthday present along with Wii Play, Sports, Sports Resort.

Got 2 remotes, 1 Motion Plus and a Nunchuk.

What else do I need and what games would you recommend to get the most out of my Wii? Do I need to hook it up to the Internet with a Wii USB link to my PC or is that a waste of time?

Xero
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Do you have wireless?

The connection is really only necessary if you intend to download games to the console from their store. Very few games have worthwhile online play.

As for games, what do you like normally? I only have four games myself (plus a few NES/SNES games from the virtual console) but this would help others to answer.

KYR
02-14-2010, 09:20 PM
No. I have wired broadband at home.

I like racing car-type simulations, sports, maybe flight simulation type games.

Not into 'Call of Duty', 'Splinter Cell' type games.

Used to love the old Duke Nukem/Doom games back in the day but haven't played those in years.

Wife's buying the Wii Fit Plus board & game today.

What's the go on <s>downloading</s> acquiring games via torrents. Does the Wii have to be 'modded' like the old Sony PS2 I have before I can use them?

The Pope
02-14-2010, 09:23 PM
You should buy The Conduit

KYR
02-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Refers to Google...brb.

KYR
02-14-2010, 09:27 PM
OK. That looks cool. Gonna get that thanks.

Can more than one player play at a time (not online).

Emperor Smeat
02-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Since you like sports, the current Tiger Woods game would be a good choice since it comes packed in with a wii-motion plus and got rated as one of the best sports games of the year (and best golf game of the year).

If the wife is also going to play, then maybe New Super Mario Bros Wii since that has local multiplayer and provides some old-time 2D platforming fun.

OssMan
02-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Super Smash Brothers
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Galaxy
Madworld

are all really good.

then Mario Kart, Punch Out, New Super Mario Bros Wii are aright

#BROKEN Hasney
02-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Wrong forum genius :p

Anyways, it's trivial to mod a Wii now with just software, just follow these tutorials for whichever firmware you have: (firmware version can be checked on the settings screen of the Wii)

3.1-4.1: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html

4.2: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24839-softmod-any-4-2-wii.html

After doing that, you can boot downloaded games from DVD, a USB Hard Drive or an SD card.

As for games, get Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario, Madworld, HOTD Overkill, Mario Strikers Charged, No More Heros 1 and 2, Resident Evil 4, Mario Kart, Zelda:Twilight Princess and Phoenix Wright (is a wiiware game so will have to be installed from SD card using WAD Installer, which gets installed while softmodding)

Also after softmodding, you can play all types of emulators, as well as install anything from Virtual Console or WiiWare for free.

Bad Company
02-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Get Dragonball Z and Madden