02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Quit being a smark

The Jayman
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
GTFO

Xero
02-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Quit being a smark

Ladies and gentlemen, John Cena's only mark on TPWW.

The Jayman
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
must be a lonely group

Sixx
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Where's Cena Ass Soldier when you need support.

Nicky Fives
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
HHH defeating The Rock, Iron Man Match, Judgment Day 2000.....

Rammsteinmad
02-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Pretty much every Triple H match since 2006.

The Mask
02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
when yokozuna beat bret hart only for hogan to pop up. they would probably get slaughtered for that now but when i was 9 i thought it was the tits.

Ermaximus
02-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, John Cena's only mark on TPWW.

What about CenaSoldier?

Xero
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
What about CenaSoldier?

Hm, good point.

The only non-"Cena"-named Cena mark.

Ermaximus
02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Hm, good point.

The only non-"Cena"-named Cena mark.

"Duly noted #1."

Xero
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
The Empty Arena match's finish was just corny as hell, with the camera on the lift.

Joesgonnakillyou
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM

Agreed, Not only was i a big rock mark. It just seemed lame after such a good match.

I hated Vince winning the title in 1999. If you think Sheamus is booked badly, take a look at HHH's first 6 months with the world title. Luckily Foley made him a star.

thedamndest
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Luger beating Yoko via count out at Summerslam '93. Surely he should have tried to stop the count or get Yoko back in the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
02-17-2010, 02:26 PM
#1. Cena versus Sheamus- WWE TLC

#2. HHH versus Orton- Wrestlemania 25

Cena vs. Sheamus wasn't a horrible finish. It was a table match, and it ended when John Cena went through a table. Maybe you didn't like the result, but the finish in and of itself was fine.

Triple H vs. Orton wasn't a horrible finish, either. It was basically a squash match, and I definitely feel Orton should have won or at least put up more of a fight, but the finish itself was fine.

A horrible finish was the Teddy Long 'screwjob'.

GD
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Cena vs. Sheamus wasn't a horrible finish. It was a table match, and it ended when John Cena went through a table. Maybe you didn't like the result, but the finish in and of itself was fine.

Triple H vs. Orton wasn't a horrible finish, either. It was basically a squash match, and I definitely feel Orton should have won or at least put up more of a fight, but the finish itself was fine.

A horrible finish was the Teddy Long 'screwjob'.

Are you kidding me? Dude those guys were shivering on the top rope and Cena took forever to fall and made it look lamer than it could have been.

Orton versus HHH at WM was horrible. You don't excpect a crappy main event finish at the 25th Anniversary.

Perry Saturn
02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
How about every raw dark match since god knows when. Its always Cena vs Sheamus for the WWE title which has ended the EXACT same way Cena wins via DQ after sheamus pushes the ref

Nark Order
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
In the Cena/Sheamus match it seems what they were going for was to make it look like Cena could've slipped so it was a mystery for a bit. And it worked.

Thought it was a decent ending.

Nowhere Man
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Triple H vs Booker T at Mania 19.

Hunter kicks out of every single one of Booker's finishers, hits one Pedigree, takes a ten-minute nap, then gets the three count. I very nearly threw my tv out the window.

Ermaximus
02-17-2010, 04:16 PM

Hunter kicks out of every single one of Booker's finishers, hits one Pedigree, takes a ten-minute nap, then gets the three count. I very nearly threw my tv out the window.

This!

redoneja
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Luger beating Yoko via count out at Summerslam '93. Surely he should have tried to stop the count or get Yoko back in the ring.

I think he did try to get Yoko back in the ring but he couldn't lift him up, and for some reason, the ref didn't keep restarting the count.

Innovator
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Dammit, just came to say Booker and HHH, DAMN YOUS NOWHERE

Favre4Ever
02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I used to really hate the main event of Summerslam 2001. I think it was the first PPV i'd had since Wrestlemania 17 and I was really excited about the Austin vs. Angle match. If I remember correctly, Austin gave Angle three stunners, and Angle kicked out every time. Desperate, Austin attacked the referee or something and got himself disqualified. At the time i felt really screwed over. I'm quite a bit older now though and I think I understand quite a bit better what the purpose of the match was: to get Angle really over as a face.

redoneja
02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I think he did try to get Yoko back in the ring but he couldn't lift him up, and for some reason, the ref didn't keep restarting the count.

Upon further review, he did not attempt to stop the count or get Yoko back in the ring.

XL
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I didn't think he did. We'll put it down to him knowing he wouldn't have been able to lift Yokozuna's dead weight.

It would have been so different if only he could have kept his mouth shut.

thedamndest
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Well it's Luger's fault for having a finishing move where there's potential to send the opponent to the outside and using it on a man the size of Yokozuna.

Loose Cannon
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
dude seriously, wreslting has been on TV/PPV forever and you name matches within the last year?

Nicky Fives
02-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Luger has never been known for his intelligence....

RGWhat316
02-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Something I tried to forget about. K-Fed's interference in the 2006 World title champion of champions match.

redoneja
02-17-2010, 08:59 PM
I used to think that the finish to the Ultimate Warrior/Sgt Slaughter match at Royal Rumble 1991 was terrible, only because Slaughter did a weak looking elbow drop on Warrior after Savage KO'ed him with the scepter. Once I got older and looked back on everything, I began to understand the reason Slaughter did that, in terms of match psychology (or whatever you want to call it).

McLegend
02-17-2010, 09:04 PM
HHH/Orton in the September PPV in 2004. Worst ending ever.

That fuckin asshole. What a bitch. I'm still angry about that and it's nearly 6 years later.

Innovator
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Eddie vs. JBL in the Strap Match

going with the same premise

Sting vs. Nikita Koloff in the Strap Match

Theo Dious
02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I used to think that the finish to the Ultimate Warrior/Sgt Slaughter match at Royal Rumble 1991 was terrible, only because Slaughter did a weak looking elbow drop on Warrior after Savage KO'ed him with the scepter. Once I got older and looked back on everything, I began to understand the reason Slaughter did that, in terms of match psychology (or whatever you want to call it).

That was such a great move on Slaughter's part. I had completely forgotten that until I bought the Royal Rumble Anthology. Someone KO's his opponent, and he slips the elbow drop in there so that he can claim credit for the win. Priceless.

It's a good thing this thread is limited to WWE, or we'd have to sift through most of Hogan's shitty title matches during his nWo time.

Loose Cannon
02-17-2010, 11:01 PM
tell you what, as a kid that Rumble match along with HBK throwing Marty through the window are probably the two defining moments that hooked me on wrestling forever. I'll throw Jake's snake biting Savage in there as well.

I remember just being upset for days when Warrior lost the belt. At 7 years old I just remeber thinking how the referee missed all that bullshit with Savage. But it was so well done and it remains one of my favorite matches ever. I watch it every now and then

XL
02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Eddie vs. JBL in the Strap Match

going with the same premise

Sting vs. Nikita Koloff in the Strap Match
Pretty much any strap match where you win by touching the corners is shitty. There's little logic in the match at all. What do you prove by being the first guy to touch all of the corner pads?

The Gold Standard
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
ECW Championship
CM Punk v John Morrison

SummerSlam 2007

The Gold Standard
02-17-2010, 11:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWehDy0sE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWehDy0sE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For those of you who don't remember.

FYI: at 1:32, that is my friends and me holding up the CM Punk signs.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Not the worst, but the ending of the Austin/Benoit/Jericho match at KOTR 2001 was pretty underwhelming. Benoit hits a superplex on Jericho, then Austin who had just been beat up and thrown through a table by Booker T climbs back in the ring and pins Benoit.

Favre4Ever
02-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Not the worst, but the ending of the Austin/Benoit/Jericho match at KOTR 2001 was pretty underwhelming. Benoit hits a superplex on Jericho, then Austin who had just been beat up and thrown through a table by Booker T climbs back in the ring and pins Benoit.

I was sort of upset with this match because when Jericho and Benoit both locked their signature submissions on Austin at the same time and they restarted the match because both could not be champion (which is interesting because i seem to remember a co-champion situation around a year prior...), i immediately knew that Austin would take that match.

DAMN iNATOR
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Backlash '02, "Hollywood" Hogan v. Triple H...Jericho comes outta nowhere and attempts to screw him out of the title, then 'Taker shows up, clocks Trips with a chair, and Hogan pins Triple H after the ref comes to and counts 3.

Rammsteinmad
02-18-2010, 07:50 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWehDy0sE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWehDy0sE-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:nono: Awful ending. :nono:

Volare
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Backlash '02, "Hollywood" Hogan v. Triple H...Jericho comes outta nowhere and attempts to screw him out of the title, then 'Taker shows up, clocks Trips with a chair, and Hogan pins Triple H after the ref comes to and counts 3.

Heh, Taker vs Hogan at Judgement Day 02'. Hogan couldn't sell shit and Taker couldn't even do a half-way diecent chokeslam on him.

Jeritron
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM

Then they did the same thing with Kevin Nash a few months later in the hell in a cell.
HHH hits the pedigree, takes 10 seconds to get the cover, and then a biased Mick Foley looks at the pin and thinks twice before he starts counting.
Even with a slow count, the match still ends.

The elimination chamber in which an injured HHH retained the world title without having to wrestle was pretty absurd too.

AngryMidjit
02-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Are you kidding me? Dude those guys were shivering on the top rope and Cena took forever to fall and made it look lamer than it could have been.

Orton versus HHH at WM was horrible. You don't excpect a crappy main event finish at the 25th Anniversary.

you know it was actually the 24th anniversary, right?

The Jayman
02-18-2010, 10:43 AM
you know it was actually the 24th anniversary, right?

no he's right it was the 25th. The 24th had the triple threat between HHH, Orton, and Cena.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
This again? It was the 24th anniversary. The 1st anniversary is the year after the event. Wrestlemania 2 would be the 1st anniversary and so on and so forth that Wrestlemania 25 is the 24th anniversary.

Schlomey
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Something I tried to forget about. K-Fed's interference in the 2006 World title champion of champions match.

That match was pretty damn awesome until the interference. I'll ditto this one.

IC Champion
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Amazing match, terrible finish.

They managed to keep the crowd hot for 60 minutes, and then the finishe happened.

Joesgonnakillyou
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM

I'm more than willing to admit i'm wrong when I say this, but wasn't that because that was the match Benoit really hurt his back in and was out for a year after? It was still a crap finish though, I rememer it well.

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Amazing match, terrible finish.

They managed to keep the crowd hot for 60 minutes, and then the finishe happened.

The decision of the match was horrible, to have the final fall on a DQ. But, to say that the finish itself was horrible..I gotta disagree. The crowd went fuckin insane for Taker!

Fox
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
RVD vs. John Cena at One Night Stand 2

RVD should have won clean. He deserved a WWE Championship win more than anyone in the company, but had to win after Edge interfered.

IC Champion
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM
The decision of the match was horrible, to have the final fall on a DQ. But, to say that the finish itself was horrible..I gotta disagree. The crowd went fuckin insane for Taker!

The TIME HAD RUN OUT!!!

DAMN iNATOR
02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Heh, Taker vs Hogan at Judgement Day 02'. Hogan couldn't sell shit and Taker couldn't even do a half-way diecent chokeslam on him.

I know. I'd seen it already when it originally aired on PPV, but just watched it like 2 or 3 days ago...wish Hogan would just learn when to hang up his boots. But yeah, been watching a lot of the 2002 PPV's recently on DailyMotion...no idea why, maybe I've just been feeling subconciously nostalgic or something.

rob11
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM

THIS

St. Jimmy
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7eXu_m1Cz3U/SVkQR9bYLeI/AAAAAAAAA44/OQe0XNAJd_4/s400/Cena_WHC_1.jpg