PDA

View Full Version : New PPV Names....

Nicky Fives
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.tpww.net/2010/02/several-new-wwe-pay-per-view-names-revealed-details/

"WWE.com has updated the WWE PPV schedule, including some new show names. It now reads…

* March 28th: WrestleMania 26
* April 25th: Extreme Rules
* May 23rd: WWE Wild Card
* June 20th: Fatal Four Way
* July 18th: Money In The Bank
* August 15th: Summerslam
* September 19th: Night Of Champions
* October 3rd: Hell in a Cell"

WHAT IN THE FUCK? Wild Card? Fatal 4 Way? MITB? This gimmick PPV crap has gone too far

Xero
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
WHAT!?

Fuck this. WWE's lost it.

At the very least, if they MUST move MITB, move it to the TLC PPV. We don't need two ladder-centric PPVs.

Juan
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll probably still watch them

Cool King
02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
This depresses me.

Immensely. :'(

The Show Off
02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Please no more money in the bank...

Xero
02-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Remember when it was exciting when gimmick matches were announced out of no where?

Volchok
02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
No more Backlash :(

Volchok
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
LOL at Fatal Four Way though.

Xero
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
At least use this as the theme for Fatal Four Way:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0LDQDQJ0tI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0LDQDQJ0tI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Volchok
02-18-2010, 05:53 PM
So it's only Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Summerslam left out of any of the originals?

Joesgonnakillyou
LOL at Fatal Four Way though.

I know right? Real exciting stipulation there! Money in the Bank doesn't really need it's own PPV. I was looking forward to a Wargames thing as well.

WWE wild card i'm open to, if it's one night tournament especially.

What I really don't understand is that WWE are doing more gimmick PPVs, but got rid of survivor series... A gimmick PPV...

Xero
So it's only Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Summerslam left out of any of the originals?

Well, the November PPV hasn't been announced, but yes, those are all that's left.

Xero
02-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I know right? Real exciting stipulation there! Money in the Bank doesn't really need it's own PPV. I was looking forward to a Wargames thing as well.

WWE wild card i'm open to, if it's one night tournament especially.

What I really don't understand is that WWE are doing more gimmick PPVs, but got rid of survivor series... A gimmick PPV...

Vince's excuse was pretty much that the gimmick had run its course. Which I can't deny, but that's his fault for not even trying to book proper Survivor Series matches and instead going for tacked-on midcard matches.

Gerard
02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Looks like Vince's mid life crisis has hit in, about 20 years late..

Xero
02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Looks like Vince's mid life crisis has hit in, about 20 years late..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCqF5xXIrgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCqF5xXIrgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cool King
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
So now, out of 13 PPV's, we now have about 9 that are gimmick PPV's. :-\

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
What made the "Big 4" special to me was the fact that it would become a supercard with enough time to build them. You would have well built one-on-one title matches, you'd have a fatal fourway clusterfuck with high spots, and you'd have one or two gimmick matches.

So now, not only are these gimmick PPVs taking away from the gimmicks themselves, they are also limiting the Summerslam and Mania cards. This is just so fucking dumb.

Gerard
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCqF5xXIrgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCqF5xXIrgk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I stand corrected, this is his relapse. :yes:

Volchok
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
So what will the Money In the Bank PPV just be mitb matches with shots for each different title? or what? This is a retarded to me.

kareru
02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Fatal Four Way

lol

redoneja
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
While some of these names seem goofy, I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do with them. Honestly, they could call it "WWE Bodyslam Jam" for all I care, as long as the product is good.

Juan
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
While some of these names seem goofy, I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do with them. Honestly, they could call it "WWE Bodyslam Jam" for all I care, as long as the product is good.

Bingo

Xero
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
So what will the Money In the Bank PPV just be mitb matches with shots for each different title? or what? This is a retarded to me.

To make it interesting, they should do it tournament style, where all the under card matches are matches to get into the MITB match and then the main event is the MITB match itself.

But that's not how WWE works and they'll probably just do a regular undercard, one title match, MITB then the other title match.

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
If anything good will come out of the MITB PPV, it will be so the midcarders get to

1) Main event a show (even if its a clusterfuck)

and 2) Be the focus of the build towards a PPV

But what the fuck am I thinking..come July it'll be:

HHH vs. Cena vs. Orton vs. Batista vs. Rey vs. HBK vs. Jericho vs. Big Show

Mr. Pierre
02-18-2010, 06:23 PM
To make it interesting, they should do it tournament style, where all the under card matches are matches to get into the MITB match and then the main event is the MITB match.

But that's not how WWE works and they'll probably just do a regular undercard, one title match, MITB then the other title match.

This would be a great format and give unpredictability to a show :y:

That's how ECW should have attempted to do their shitty D2D PPV back in 2006 but for the Chamber. But, no one could have saved that show...

Cool King
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFpAD36d48o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFpAD36d48o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Xero
02-18-2010, 06:26 PM
EVERYBODY WANTS TO PUMP WITH THE BRITISH BULLDOG!

Juan
02-18-2010, 06:29 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OpZq53pIgik/SMbz_HZbh0I/AAAAAAAAAPY/fJT__J7Etes/s320/wrestlemaniathealbum.jpg
still have this CD somewhere

The Show Off
02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
All these gimmick PPV's and they can't give one to King of the Ring?

Joesgonnakillyou
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
All these gimmick PPV's and they can't give one to King of the Ring?

Probably another gimmick that's run it's course according to vince :(

Cool King
02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
November is still free. It would be good if King Of The Ring returned, but everyone thinks that WarGames will be taking the November spot. :-\

redoneja
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
With September becoming "Night of Champions", I guess this means that Breaking Point was a one-year thing.

Xero
02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, at least they won't have to pretend everyone has a submission for a month.

redoneja
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
There should be a gimmick match where you can only win by countout. Sorta like a Last Man Standing except they can only be counted out outside of the ring.

Xero
02-18-2010, 07:04 PM
There should be a gimmick match where you can only win by countout. Sorta like a Last Man Standing except they can only be counted out outside of the ring.

Savage vs Crush, Mania 10.

CSL
02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah

Get over it. It's a show name.

Xero
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah

Get over it. It's a show name.

And the death of the gimmick's unpredictability.

Calamondin
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't even care about the gimmick PPV names every month since I don't order anything outside of the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania... but Fatal Four Way is a stupid fucking name for a PPV.

addy2hotty
02-18-2010, 07:23 PM
The July PPV sounds about right for the winner of MitB to use his shot.

A whole PPV of FFW's?

It's fast becoming an acronym's nightmare.

Droford
02-18-2010, 07:40 PM
WWE Wild Card - We're blatantly ripping off TNA..except are studs are wild..ROWR.

Xero
02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Only thing I can imagine Wild Card being is either the gimmick of the match or the opponents are randomized, like the RAW Roulette.

legendkillerRKO
02-18-2010, 07:49 PM
To make it interesting, they should do it tournament style, where all the under card matches are matches to get into the MITB match and then the main event is the MITB match itself.

this was on the front page last week...

WWE’s 2009 financial results revealed a sharp decline in the 2009 Survivor Series PPV buyrate (down 26% from 2008) while the company’s new gimmick-themed events (Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, TLC) all did better than their 2008 counterparts.
Vince McMahon stated during this morning’s WWE conference call that the WWE Survivor Series title is “obsolete” and has “outlasted its usage.” He said WWE does not intend on using the name moving forward. As a result, it appears WWE is considering more gimick-themed PPVs, including several concepts used back in WCW.
In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning, WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:
Tournament Event: Single elimination “bracket style” tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.
Street Fight Event: Main events would include”street fight” matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.
Legends Event: Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.
Money in the Bank Event: The main event “Money in the Bank” match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can “cash in” the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the “Money in the Bank” match.
WWE Draft Event: WWE’s annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they’ll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.
Battle Bowl Event: Random tag-teams compete together – sometimes arch rivals – with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.
Roulette Event: Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.
War Games Event: Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.)

Xero
02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, but who knows if they'd go with that format.

If they did, I'd be happily surprised.

Mr. C
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
It would be better to do Judgment Day in May.

Fatal Four Way? Really? Would it be that hard to put The Great American Bash in that spot? It’s in JUNE. Ugh.

I really prefer having Money In The Bank in the midcard at WrestleMania. We can now expect the winner to be John Cena or Triple-H.

Hell In A Cell should only be used to end feuds. I don’t like having to force feuds into the cell. CM Punk/Undertaker and D-Generation X/Legacy weren’t intense enough to warrant a Hell In A Cell Match.

Here's how I'd do the PPV schedule:

January: Royal Rumble
February: No Way Out
March: WrestleMania
April: Backlash
May: Judgment Day
June: The Great American Bash
August: SummerSlam
November: Survivor Series

Droford
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
They should totally go back to In Your House (insert clever title here).

Xero
02-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Seriously. At least that way they can change the gimmicks up.

Still waiting for WWE Coal Miner's Glove though.

Evil Vito
02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Money in the Bank? So this means either they aren't doing the ladder match at WM anymore (which would be gay), or that's the night the MITB gets a title shot...which defeats the purpose of having the MITB to begin with</font>

VSG
02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Wild Card sounds like the draft PPV! Pity they removed Backlash though, it was one of the best PPV's in the year.

Anyway I bet these gimmick PPV's will bring in more money, as was the case in 2009!

James Diesel
02-18-2010, 09:34 PM
So I've been thinking about it and as much as I hate the idea of almost every PPV being a gimmick I've tried looking at all the PPV's of the year as a whole.

It definitely feels better to think of it as a whole cause then you see everything from April to March as them being great obstacles to overcome and those who can truly overcome all the obstacles make it all the way to Mania.

I know it sounds like a queer perspective but it's better than being upset at gimmick PPV's for extended periods of time.

Droford
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Money in the Bank? So this means either they aren't doing the ladder match at WM anymore (which would be gay), or that's the night the MITB gets a title shot...which defeats the purpose of having the MITB to begin with

Vince gives away his millions again, but only to people who can verify they actually ordered the live PPV.

If it weren't so blatant..it would probably work.

dronepool
02-18-2010, 10:21 PM
So can you guys accept me into the Stream now? I've been waiting since the RR!

These gimmick themed PPV's appear to be catered towards the developing/planned story lines.

Meh.

Team Sheep
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I was hoping that Money in the Bank would be a tournament themed PPV like King of the Ring, where the winner wins MITB. But nah :( Would be a good way to bring a tournament back though, like when they had the winner face the champion at Summerslam in the last KOTR. I think one of the KOTR's faults was that if you won it, it didn't really mean anything. Sure it developed character's and in wrestling talk it meant a sort of gateway to upper mid card/main event status, but you need something to reward the winner so casual fans know it isn't a waste of time.

redoneja
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Savage vs Crush, Mania 10.

Yea, I remember that, except you had to pin your opponent and then they had 60 seconds to get back in the ring or the match was over. I want something that is strictly count outs.

Something that would be tailor made for the Bezerker.

weather vane
02-18-2010, 11:19 PM
February: Elimination Chamber
April: Night of Champions
May: War Games
July: Battle Bowl
August: Summer Slam
September: The Wrestling Classic Tournament
October: Halloween Havoc
December: WWE Legends Event

Droford
02-19-2010, 12:02 AM
They can call the "Legends Event" Slamboree.

Or..Randy Orton's Wet Dream Come True

Executioner
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM

:y::yes::y:

Mr. C
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Would be a good way to bring a tournament back though, like when they had the winner face the champion at Summerslam in the last KOTR.

Could you imagine the following eight men in a tournament on pay-per-view? Have a World Heavyweight Championship Match between the semifinals and finals, then have a WWE Championship Match after the finals, where the winner has a shot at either title at SummerSlam.

Drew McIntyre
R-Truth

Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston

Christian
The Miz

Dolph Ziggler
John Morrison

McIntyre
Kingston

Christian
Ziggler

McIntyre
Christian

Winner: Christian

Skippord
02-19-2010, 03:14 AM
I was hoping for WWE Triple Threat :(

D Mac
02-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Only thing I can imagine Wild Card being is either the gimmick of the match or the opponents are randomized, like the RAW Roulette.

Maybe like the Lethal Lottery!

Skippord
02-19-2010, 05:55 AM
at least we can look forward to WWE Six Pack Challenge next year

Jimmy Cones
02-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't like the pre-planning going into all of this. Wrestling is supposed to be more organic and change with whatever is being presented. This just seems too scripted. Before we never knew what to expect except for traditions like the rumble, kotr, and survivor series. They are going to force feuds into whatever match has already been determined instead of whatever would fit.

So... basically what has already been said.

Jeritron
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
It probably makes sense from a business standpoint to get the most they can out of the very well recieved MITB gimmick.

Still, I don't like the move creatively, and wish it would remain part of the annual Wrestlemania tradition.

Xero
02-19-2010, 02:11 PM
More time for Kid Rock concerts.

I have a funny feeling that this WrestleMania is going to have the least amount of wrestling time in at least 15 years.

Jeritron
02-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't like the idea of MITB becoming a seperate event because it will become open to more established main eventers, rather than the borderline main eventers/uppermidcarders it showcased in the past.
Plus, it was always a great place to get the extra talent on the card, and a guarunteed crowd favorite.

Tazz Dan
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
WWE Pink Slip On A Pole

Nicky Fives
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
I like how they bring up an idea for a "Tournament-style" PPV, yet refuse to have King Of The Ring as a PPV..... *facepalm :nono:

Kane Knight
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.tpww.net/2010/02/several-new-wwe-pay-per-view-names-revealed-details/

"WWE.com has updated the WWE PPV schedule, including some new show names. It now reads…

* March 28th: WrestleMania 26
* April 25th: Extreme Rules
* May 23rd: WWE Wild Card
* June 20th: Fatal Four Way
* July 18th: Money In The Bank
* August 15th: Summerslam
* September 19th: Night Of Champions
* October 3rd: Hell in a Cell"

WHAT IN THE FUCK? Wild Card? Fatal 4 Way? MITB? This gimmick PPV crap has gone too far

Wild Card really doesn't sound all that bad for a title. Fatal 4 Way is awful, of course.

ImpactPlayer365
02-20-2010, 04:20 AM
So if there's a PPV called Money In The Bank, will there still be the MITB match at WM?

ImpactPlayer365
02-20-2010, 04:21 AM
Doubtful i'm sure...

Skippord
02-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Money In The Bank qualifying matches were supposed to start on Raw this Monday I thought

TannerLittleton
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
January:Royal Rumble
Febuary:No Way Out
March/1st Sunday of April:WrestleMania
April:Backlash
May:Judgement Day
June:King of the Ring
July:Great American Bash
August:SummerSlam
September:War Games
October:Halloween Havoc
November:Survivor Series
Decemeber:Armageddon

owenbrown
02-20-2010, 04:12 PM
WWE Presents: Cena wins

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
February: SuperBrawl
March/April: WrestleMania
April: Backlash
May: Hardcore Heaven
June: King of the Ring
July: The Great American Bash
August: Summerslam
September: Vengeance
October: SmackDown! vs. RAW
December: Starrcade

Just take some of the bigger PPV names the WWE has the rights to. I'd take No Way Out of Elimination Chamber, but if they want a PPV "name," then SuperBrawl's got the history. Backlash I'd keep, because I think that PPV actually does well every year. May can have ECW's "Hardcore Heaven" name, and make that the "Extreme Rules" PPV. June can host the annual King of the Ring tournament, to decide who gets a title shot at Summerslam. Vengeance returns, because I feel that it actually has a lot of history. It could essentially be the "Night of Champions" PPV. SmackDown! vs. RAW sounds silly, but basically take the Bragging Rights concept, and fill it with cross-promotional "dream matches," and the PPV could be huge. It'd also play off the video game well. Starrcade was WCW's WrestleMania, and that being in December would be huge.

parkmania
02-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Vince won't use names he didn't create unless it serves his immediate needs. The only reason he used "Great American Bash" was the fact that JBL was going over, and patiotism was still running high. Notice that they changed it to just "The Bash" once the product and political climate changed.

DarKCentaur
02-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I think we know who to blame in all of this: TNA Lockdown. Thanks, assholes :P

DAMN iNATOR
02-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I think we know who to blame in all of this: TNA Lockdown. Thanks, assholes :P

Was it just Lockdown? I thought they had called it Lethal Lockdown or something crazy.

XL
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Lockdown was the "All Steel Cage Match PPV" with Lethal Lockdown headlining the show.

I really don't like these changes. Completely removes any sense of a fued growing organically (which I think I posted about in another thread) and it feels like they are just completely dumming down the product. One Night Stand or even Hardcore Heaven as Noid suggested aren't blatant enough for us to understand that the PPV will have Extreme Rules.

And like has been said before, having PPVs dedicated to these gimmicks really leaves your bag empty for the big shows. SummerSlam for example can't really feature Fourways, Ladder/TLC, Hell In A Cell, etc.

The Franchise
02-21-2010, 06:22 PM

Halloween Havoc :love:

Executioner
02-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I still want War Games DAMNIT!

Skippord
02-22-2010, 12:43 AM
WWE Singles Match, coming soon

Xero
02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Off WWE's list of potential PPV Names: WWE Inferno

parkmania
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Off WWE's list of potential PPV Names: WWE Inferno

They could still use that, just don't expect Taker to be there for the show.

CWK
02-23-2010, 02:42 AM
I still can't believe they are doing away with the Survivor Series PPV. Thats got the most history next to Wrestlemania.

Juan
02-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Well, looks like the PPV list has been removed from WWE.com. Either someone posted it too early or you guys freaked out over nothing...

parkmania
02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if some of these "leaks" that happen are just to test the waters and see what response would be, kinda like how WWE used to ask for opinions about shirt designs but almost never actually USED them.

Mr. C
02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Hopefully, this leads to WWE keeping Survivor Series around. After all, they can always still have a War Games Match. No need to change the name.

Xero
02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Bring on Backlash in April and The Great American Bash in June! Hopefully, this leads to WWE keeping Survivor Series around. After all, they can always still have a War Games Match. No need to change the name.

Yeah, that's the major problem I had with the name change. The Survivor Series name can be rebranded for a new gimmick. They don't need to drop a name that has such a storied history.

Then again, changing No Way Out to a cage match's name is pretty fucking stupid.

Mr. C
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, that's the major problem I had with the name change. The Survivor Series name can be rebranded for a new gimmick. They don't need to drop a name that has such a storied history.

Then again, changing No Way Out to a cage match's name is pretty fucking stupid.

Exactly. That reminds me of when they had the first ever Elimination Chamber Match at Survivor Series in 2002. They still kept the name then, so if they plan on using War Games this year, they can still keep the name, as the match fits in with the name and theme of the PPV. Calling a PPV the same name it's had for years isn't why it didn't sell this past year; they focused entirely on a midget instead of the actual card. That would've happened to any PPV that followed that. Vince McMahon is such an idiot, because he probably really believes that Survivor Series is an outdated concept just because it did poor buy rates this year. I seriously doubt he ever considered giving Hornswoggle as much TV time as he got to be the problem.

Also, No Way Out featured Elimination Chamber Matches in 2008 and 2009, not to mention, again, the match fits in with the name and theme of the PPV. However, I'd rather they do away with a February PPV altogether and have two months of build in between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

Xero
02-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I've felt for a while that the Feb PPV really messed up the Mania build. Without it, you have two solid months to build it up, maybe throwing in a SNME in February. Then they threw the Chamber gimmick onto it which essentially halves the Mania build. Especially this year, there was very little build to Mania outside of Taker/Michaels.

I don't have a problem with the Chamber PPV itself, I actually think that the Chamber is a specific enough gimmick to warrant a yearly PPV. But not between the Rumble and Mania.

Mr. C
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Agreed. There isn't any match that warrants a PPV between the Rumble and Mania.

I always thought having the Elimination Chamber Match at Armageddon every year in December would be marvelous, as both match name and PPV name fit better with each other than any other match/PPV combo...except the Rumble, of course. Having the Chamber at Armageddon sounds like a fitting way to end the year, but only do one and have it in the main event. Two chambers in one night is overkill.

Also, since there was a MITB qualifying match last night, I wonder since now that we're getting MITB at Mania if that means there isn't going to be a MITB PPV anymore. Makes you wonder, especailly since they removed the list of PPVs after WrestleMania.

RGWhat316
02-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Are we sure Vince Russo hasnt snuck back into WWE?

DAMN iNATOR
02-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, looks like the PPV list has been removed from WWE.com. Either someone posted it too early or you guys freaked out over nothing...

Everything after WM XXVI has been. Probably just so they can come up with a new name and concept now that MitB is being featured at Mania instead of having it's own July PPV.

Hopefully, like others have been saying we'll see either a KotR return for that date (7/18) or War Games, just as long as it's not guaranteed to be anything too gimmicky.

Mr. C
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Let’s hope we get Backlash (April) followed by The Great American Bash (June). This would all lead to SummerSlam in August.

Xero
02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
From PWInsider:

WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Survivor Series (title still listed, expected to be changed)
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Houston, TX
Toyota Center

lol at "Over the Limit"

And looks like I'll be going to FATAL FOUR WAY.

Cool King
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

:wtf:

Xero
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
At least it's not in Kemper.

Cool King
02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, maybe they wanted to bring back Over The Edge, but couldn't for obvious reasons so they just changed "Edge" to "Limit". :-\

Xero
02-27-2010, 12:17 PM
It's on the anniversary of Owen's death, too. :-\

St. Jimmy
02-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I may be attending "over the limit" if that schedule is correct.

mike adamle
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM
WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Survivor Series
Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

Houston, TX
Toyota Center

From Wrestleview.com

Xero
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99799

mike adamle
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Over The Limit, May 23rd, 2010. Anyone remember Over The Edge May 23rd, 1999?

St. Jimmy
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Owen had a few too many drinks that night.

Nicky Fives
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.tpww.net/2010/02/updated-wwe-2010-ppv-calendar-inside-here-new-names/

WWE released their PPV schedule and marketing materials to their partners this week. Here’s the PPV calendar from WrestleMania thru December. Of note is that the previously-posted “Wild Card” has been replaced by “Over the Limit”, and that Survivor Series is still on the calendar.

WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Survivor Series
Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

Houston, TX
Toyota Center

Well I guess Over The Limit is better then Wild Card..... kind of ironic how that PPV is on May 23 and its name is quite similar to "Over The Edge"

AngryMidjit
02-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Over The Limit, May 23rd, 2010. Anyone remember Over The Edge May 23rd, 1999?

at least it's not in the same building

Xero
02-27-2010, 04:22 PM
lol come on, we have three threads on this now.

The Franchise
02-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I like the idea of Extreme rules after WM. :y:

mike adamle
02-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I guess Survivor Series is back on as well.

Swiss Ultimate
02-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Bryan Danielson VS. Chris Jericho????

Details...

Splaya
02-27-2010, 06:17 PM
From PWInsider:

WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

Houston, TX
Toyota Center

lol at "Over the Limit"

And looks like I'll be going to FATAL FOUR WAY.

i told myself the next time WWE comes to Detroit, i was going to go.

I have to go to Over the Limit. WTF :rant:

Xero
02-27-2010, 06:20 PM
You better take a Xero Limit sign.

:'(

Team Sheep
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Summerslam in LA again?

Mr. C
02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I was sure they planned to reduce down to 12 Pay-Per-Views this year. They should go to 5 to get the most revenue possible.

Why keep Bragging Rights? Surely the could actually, you know, PROMOTE SURVIVOR SERIES PROPERLY, e.g. build a match around two men wanting to be WWE Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
From PWInsider:

WrestleMania XXVI
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Glendale, AZ
University of Phoenix

Extreme Rules
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Baltimore, MD
1st Mariner Arena

Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

Fatal Four Way
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Uniondale, NY
Nassau Coliseum

Money In The Bank
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Sprint Center

SummerSlam
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

Night of Champions
Chicago, IL
Allstate Arena

Hell in the Cell
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
American Airlines Center

WWE Bragging Rights
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Target Center

Miami, FL
American Airlines Arena

Houston, TX
Toyota Center

Wow. Over The Limit is a bit of a risk. Especially considering the date. Why couldn't they have just kept "Judgment Day?" I think a lot of these are still pretty crappy, actually, but I am glad Survivor Series is back. Last year you pretty much made it "WWE Triple Threat," and dramatically changed up any storylines you had been running to that point in time to give us some random title matches. I don't think it is the name of the PPV itself.

I think Extreme Rules, Over The Limit, Fatal Four Way, Money in the Bank, Hell in a Cell and TLC should be revised. As should Elimination Chamber next year. Naming an event after a match does take the organic build out of it. If you want to do a Hell in a Cell in September, fine, but it's just a mess to call the event that, because we know exactly what we're getting. Fatal Four Way should be replaced with King of the Ring. Now there is a PPV with history that can make stars.

Skippord
02-28-2010, 01:26 AM
lol they kept Fatal Four Way

dronepool
02-28-2010, 01:46 AM
King of The Ring should be come back, it's a fun PPV.

:-\

owenbrown
02-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Over The Limit
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Joe Louis Arena

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAonspm6LmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAonspm6LmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

NoRoolz
02-28-2010, 07:14 AM
lmao this can't be serious?

Unbelievable. The classic moments where gimmick matches are announced are gone forever. Gimmick matches are being completely tarnished and WWE history is literally being pissed on.

Clearly Vince&Co think that it'll heighten the ratings for the PPV. It will, in terms of casual fans/groups of teens might order the PPV because they'll see an advert/commercial for 'HELLL IN A CELLL'. But for actual followers of WWE, this is only going to defer interest, even if not in the first year, in time it will no doubt. It's going to kill the whole concept of gimmick matches and their rareness and unpredictability.

Now if Triple H and Cena start feuding in August. You already know it's going to end in a Hell in A Cell in October. SILLY.

Mr. C
02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I guess Survivor Series is back on as well.

War Games as the main event. Do a match of faces vs. heels. The undercard might suffer a bit, but the roster is deep enough to make up for it.

Londoner
02-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Only problem i have with that ppv list is fatal four way, doesn't really sound exciting.

Mr. Nerfect
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Fatal Four Way, while being a horrible name, is actually a PPV that I am most looking forward to. I could see it being a disaster, don't get me wrong -- but you could do a variety of Four Way matches, or get the winners from a four Fatal Four Ways, and put them in a sort of "final" in the main event.

Xero
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Fatal Four Way, while being a horrible name, is actually a PPV that I am most looking forward to. I could see it being a disaster, don't get me wrong -- but you could do a variety of Four Way matches, or get the winners from a four Fatal Four Ways, and put them in a sort of "final" in the main event.

It's probably going to be the main events are four ways and the rest of the event is normal, as they do with the rest of these gimmick PPVs.

Though I hope at least one of the matches is elimination.

Jeritron
03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I hope one of them features a McMahon in every corner.

The other can feature an Ultimate Warrior in every corner.

Xero
03-01-2010, 12:19 AM
How about a Kane in every corner?

Jeritron
03-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Didn't they all die?

As long as Rage Against the Machine is there to play their DX theme, I'll be happy.

mike adamle
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm hoping Over The Limit doesn't have an iron man match, or at least an iron man match with terrible participants.

James Steele
03-01-2010, 01:01 AM
:lol:

You didn't enjoy the classic 60-minute contest between Johnathan Cena and Randall Orton?

mike adamle
03-01-2010, 03:51 AM
There was 20 minutes of Orton stomping Cena, but I guess it could've been worse.

el bobbo
03-01-2010, 03:58 AM
:lol:

You didn't enjoy the classic 60-minute contest between Johnathan Cena and Randall Orton?

Hey, I liked that match.

It was the first PPV I watched for free on the internets so I guess I'm biased though...

Jordan
03-01-2010, 05:43 AM
That match was one of the best of the year, it was awesome.