PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes

roach21
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Does anyone else think he's on borrowed time? He hasn't distinguished himself as a member of Legacy and it's obvious WWE has more faith in Ted. If Legacy ends up disbanding for good I think Cody is going to be a staple on WWE Superstars at best. ANy thoughts?

jerichoholicninja
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
They can't just keep kicking young guys to the curb. The main eventers are getting old.

James Steele
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Cody should get rid of that gay fucking nosestud.

Krimzon7
02-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Cody needs to be on his own any way. He would make a great addition to Smackdown. He can be well served in the Intercontential title picture, as either a face or a heel. He'd have a better shot to shine.

roach21
02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Cody should get rid of that gay fucking nosestud.

I think he's peacocking.

Jordan
02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I think he is just fine. Probably going to have a huge triple threat at Wrestlemania. He has had a great run in Legacy, and somewhat dominate in his matches (sometimes). I think Cody will be around for a long time.

Nicky Fives
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I think he should adopt a Shawn Michaels-esque Sexy Boy gimmick..... pair him up with a useless diva and it would be perfect

Outsider
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Meh, roster starting to get a big more crowded with the ECW guys being on RAW and Smackdown. Someone has to go, can't see any reason to keep him.

Afterlife
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I think he is just fine. Probably going to have a huge triple threat at Wrestlemania. He has had a great run in Legacy, and somewhat dominate in his matches (sometimes). I think Cody will be around for a long time.

This.

Afterlife
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Meh, roster starting to get a big more crowded with the ECW guys being on RAW and Smackdown. Someone has to go, can't see any reason to keep him.

A tag division would help with the alleged crowding problem.

Outsider
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
A tag division would help with the alleged crowding problem.

That might help too.

But fire Cody to be on the safeside.

Afterlife
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I see no reason to fire him.

Innovator
02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
He isn't going anywhere

Favre4Ever
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Cody looks so fucking stupid without knee pads on. Whenever he is in a match that's the only thing I can ever think about.

The Franchise
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Cody is the Marty Jannetty of Legacy. He should become a comedy character, maybe have an ice cream man gimmick. his finish can be called "rocky rhodes"

Fignuts
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Cody looks so fucking stupid without knee pads on. Whenever he is in a match that's the only thing I can ever think about.

This. Guy needs to bulk up to pull off the no knee pads look. Reminds me of a white Norman Smiley at the moment.

Heros Welcome
Cody has improved greatly I think both in the ring and on the mic while hes been in Legacy. I think he has a bright future in front of him, hes not going anywhere nor should he.

Droford
He should ripoff Cody Lambert from Step By Step and live in a van outside the arena and annoy everyone on RAW and come up with dumb phrases like "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE" and call John Cena "Cena-burger"

DarKCentaur
02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Cody is better than Ted in every conceivable way?

Heros Welcome
02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm with you dark, I think Cody is just as good as Ted if not slightly better.

blak23
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM

this

Droford
02-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Cody should put a mask/costume on and become the American Nightmare Cody Rhodes

Lock Jaw
02-22-2010, 07:38 PM

I think Cody is better than Ted in everything... EXCEPT how he looks. DiBiase has the way better look than Cody.

I think they both look kind of generic, but Ted less so.

Damian Rey
02-22-2010, 07:39 PM

I think Cody looks much more refined than Ted in the ring. I haven't heard enough of either on the mic to say who's better, but Cody seems to have a better grasp on hi ring work than Ted to this point.

Blitz
02-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Cody should put a mask/costume on and become the American Nightmare Cody Rhodes
That would actually be a pretty badass heel name. Play up a sadistic type character.

Afterlife
02-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I think Cody is better than Ted in everything... EXCEPT how he looks. DiBiase has the way better look than Cody.

I think they both look kind of generic, but Ted less so.

Yeah, but They've also been in a group for their entire runs. Technically, Cody started as singles, but his old man was always around, then Holly, then Ted. I think once they disband, both of them will develop normally.

Road Warrior
02-22-2010, 11:17 PM
That would actually be a pretty badass heel name. Play up a sadistic type character.

They already did that in WCW with Dustin Rhodes, didn't work.

Inadequacy
02-23-2010, 12:27 AM

No sir, you are not the only one.

Fignuts
02-23-2010, 12:49 AM
They already did that in WCW with Dustin Rhodes, didn't work.

It didn't work because it was Dustin Rhodes.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm with you dark, I think Cody is just as good as Ted if not slightly better.

I agree with this. Ted DiBiase has beefed up his game recently, but I do still consider Cody Rhodes to be the better talent. Anyone who thinks he is about to get released is nuts. A 24-year old guy who has been in main events, beaten some of the top guys in the WWE, has a dad in the company, and shows so much promise? Yeah, he's going to have a hard time keeping a job.

Dorkchop
02-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Cody just needs some kneepads... and to wear them on his knees. This will solve every problem in pro wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 01:56 AM
I dunno, I sort of like that Cody uses his knees like an old-school heel.

Ytoojae
02-23-2010, 02:45 AM
If Cody wasn't a second generation superstar then I would doubt that we'd even be talking about him. He'd probably be some unknown indy worker.

DiBiase, on the other hand, would be discussed purely for his look. He'd be in the WWE regardless, in my opinion.

However, Rhodes is a slightly better wrestler. However, that doesn't really matter, does it? Danielson is a million times the worker Rhodes is and is only now getting his opportunity.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't get what people see in DiBiase's look. I mean that seriously. He honestly looks like one of my best friends -- and that guy doesn't get any pussy whatsoever. DiBiase looks so much like a "normal guy." I wouldn't hold that against him, but I don't get why people talk look, look, look with DiBiase.

I'd also like to point out at this time that Daniel Bryan probably could have gone to the WWE whenever he wanted. He's done his own thing by choice.

Ytoojae
02-23-2010, 03:44 AM
The look thing with DiBiase is that he has the right height, the right physical build, etc. that the WWE always likes in their top guys.

In comparison, Cody Rhodes looks like your average guy off of the street. Doesn't particularly look that tough, appears to be someone that an average person could fight well against.

I know I'd be more scared of DiBiase than Rhodes if it came to a legit fight.

The Mackem
02-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Special referee, sides with one of his ex-stable mates.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 04:31 AM
The look thing with DiBiase is that he has the right height, the right physical build, etc. that the WWE always likes in their top guys.

In comparison, Cody Rhodes looks like your average guy off of the street. Doesn't particularly look that tough, appears to be someone that an average person could fight well against.

I know I'd be more scared of DiBiase than Rhodes if it came to a legit fight.

It depends. I'd probably be scared of both of them. Cody looks like he can move around pretty quickly, and Ted just seems like a big teddy bear.

owenbrown
02-23-2010, 06:30 AM
*insert CAWdy joke here*

Favre4Ever
02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Dibiase has a weird mole. I think that will likely hold him back for all time.

Fignuts
02-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Cody just needs more muscle. I think Mysterio is more jakked than him. It's pathetic.

Everytime someone puts a move on him, I'm expecting him to break.

Rammsteinmad
02-23-2010, 09:14 AM
As camp as it may sound, the only thing I dislike about Cody Rhodes is that he doesn't wear kneepads. It looks kinda gay when you can see his knees, and he looks kinda naked too.

Fignuts
02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
White Norman Smiley.

I'm telling you.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
God I wish Norman Smiley would make some main roster appearances. Same as Billy Kidman, for that matter. I'd also mark out for a Dean Malenko return of sorts. And Jamie Noble and Ricky Steamboat. It's amazing the amount of talent the WWE has as agents/trainers.

Anyway, to be honest, I would actually love it if Cody Rhodes (as the "third man" in this entire Legacy story) is the one who gets the victory at WrestleMania if they go with the Triple Threat idea (which I think they should, as it is so rare to find such an organically fitting three-way feud as the Legacy stuff).

Afterlife
02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
I do hafta say, his kneepad issues have always bothered me.

Outside of that, however, I have nothing against him.

erickman
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
he needs to get into a feud with his brother goldust. i can see goldust going crazy then beating the crap out of cody, then doing a work shoot about the only way he got over was wearing makup and acting gay.

Lock Jaw
02-23-2010, 12:45 PM
DiBiase needs a goatee.

Jeritron
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
I personally see Cody being the one who falls off and ultimately goes nowehere, but there's no way to really know.
Everyone thought that about Christian and Matt Hardy, or other "lesser" members of tag-teams and stables.
I suppose anything can happen if they find the right niche for him.

Also, don't underestimate the advantage of Dusty Rhodes being his father, and his connections.
Even if he amounts to dogshit they'll probably keep him around and on tv for a long time just as a favor to the family.

roach21
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
he needs to get into a feud with his brother goldust. i can see goldust going crazy then beating the crap out of cody, then doing a work shoot about the only way he got over was wearing makup and acting gay.

Goldust's first run w/ Razor and all the vignettes was, IMO, a great heel gimmick. He fucked with the homophobes with the whole she- man wig thing, plus this was before Dustin got totally wacked out so the idea that this 6'6 beast could get you if he wanted you was kinda good psychologically.

They've fucked the character into the ground to the point where I'm not sure it has the same impact, plus Dustins all fat and depressed. I think that's why they keep him and Cody separate and haven't fully acknowledged the relationship.

Norwegian Badass
02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
cody rhodes>>>>legecy

Skippord
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Cody just needs more muscle. I think Mysterio is more jakked than him. It's pathetic.

Everytime someone puts a move on him, I'm expecting him to break.
well Rey is a roid monster so I think there's probably a better example out there

Anybody Thrilla
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM

Yes

He should ripoff Cody Lambert from Step By Step and live in a van outside the arena and annoy everyone on RAW and come up with dumb phrases like "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE" and call John Cena "Cena-burger"

Yes

Yes

Honestly though, think about when Cody first debuted as a face. I thought there was no chance of anything noteworthy ever happening to him, but Legacy has proven me wrong. He's improved leaps and bounds in a relatively short time. I think he'll only get better.

He really, really, REALLY needs some fucking kneepads, though.

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I think I will become bigger fans of DiBiase and Rhodes when I see them on SmackDown!, and actually get to see them work properly. :y: