PDA

View Full Version : Who will retain at mania

SupaNovaHBK
02-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Who is more likely to retain at mania?

Jordan
02-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Well, it just depends on card position I think. If Edge/Jericho is the main event, and it should be then I think Edge will win. If Batista/Cena is the main event I think Batista will win. Whichever is first the heel will take the victory. The next PPV is Extreme Rules so I could see Cena getting a potential rematch then if he were to lose, it would be a nice rub for Big Dave, who is WWE's best heel at the moment in my opinion.

Favre4Ever
02-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Batista's character has been transformed so heavily during the last six month's or so. I feel like they put a lot of time and care into getting him to the point he's at now, and losing at Wrestlemania would probably be going in the wrong direction for him.

Nicky Fives
02-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I can find no reason why Cena will not regain the title.... He somehow always finds a way to " overcome the odds".......:shifty:

The Jayman
02-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Batista

Ermaximus
02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I don't see either retaining actually. Jericho winning was just so they could make Edge/Jericho have more merit to it. Edge will obviously win and sadly make Jericho's title reign look pointless, but what can you do?

Cena will win his title back, and become a 10 time Champ. I can't freaking believe that shit. They'll spend this entire fued as Cena being the underdog, as usual, and he'll yet again "overcome the odds" and beat Batista. Still have no clue whether or not Bret Hart will have a hand in this, but who knows.

Honestly, look at the current champs:

WWE Champ-Batista (Heel)
U.S. Champ-The Miz (Heel)
Diva's Champ-Maryse (Heel)
World Heavyweight Champ-Jericho (Heel)
Intercontinental Champ-Drew McIntyre (Heel)
Women's Champ-Mickie James (Face)
Unified Tag Champs-ShowMiz Pizza (Heels)

Honestly, when was the last time we had this many heel champs at the same time? I really want to know. Plus if you add the fact that Zeke (Heel) was the "last ECW Champ," then this further adds to this debacle. I just don't see the WWE having 2 heels holding the gold after WM, but I'm hoping for at least 1 of the 2 to retain so we will see.

Spaff
02-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, it just depends on card position I think. If Edge/Jericho is the main event, and it should be then I think Edge will win. If Batista/Cena is the main event I think Batista will win. Whichever is first the heel will take the victory. The next PPV is Extreme Rules so I could see Cena getting a potential rematch then if he were to lose, it would be a nice rub for Big Dave, who is WWE's best heel at the moment in my opinion.

yeah hes much better than jericho:nono:
MORON

Sixx
02-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Batista will retain, Jericho will lose to Edge.

DaVe
02-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Edge is the Royal Rumble winner. Don't know why the poll is this close, tbh.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
To be honest, I could actually see Chris Jericho retaining. I don't think it's likely -- but the WWE could pull some sort of swerve to make it work. A heel turn for Christian; Wade Barrett (Jericho's rookie) getting a huge rub by aiding Jericho. It'd be padding for the feud, and the WWE could run a storyline where Jericho tries to psyche out Edge and talk about how he "doesn't have it anymore." Edge essentially NEEDS to go over Jericho to be taken seriously as a face, but the more of an untoppable threat Jericho looks during this reign, the more effective Edge's eventual victory will be.

But the same goes for the Batista/Cena stuff. Johnny Boy is on a quest to regain his championship, and the longer they hold off on it, the more rewarding his journey will be. Batista could find a way to beat Cena at WrestleMania (or perhaps even get himself DQ'd, which would piss people off, but would be mega-heat for Davey).

It just depends on who the WWE wants to have the more epic journey to the title. Right now, I think Edge is more in need of the "win" and Cena is in more need of the chase. So I'd have to go with Batista being the more likely to retain by logical standards. But then you also have the "E-Factor" where essentially things sometimes just don't make sense. Cena/Batista seems more likely to close the show, and that alone implies it is more likely that Jericho retains his big gold belt and Edge continues his chase.

Jordan
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
yeah hes much better than jericho:nono:
MORON

Haha, okay. Jericho is doing just fine but he isn't a threat to anybody. He may cheat to win or escape narrowly and I love that style and gimmick, but Batista is on a warpath, destructive, intense, his non wrestling segments have been great and his feud with Cena is intense and huge already. So call me a moron because I like somebody who can't do a moonsault :roll:.

Jordan
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Also let me just say this about Batista.

Batista deserves this so much. He may not be able to pull off the most exciting matches always, but with the right opponent he can. And all that takes is good booking, and he has been booked really well sense he turned on Mysterio last year. He is number 2 behind John Cena and I really hope that he gets the win his character deserves to be remembered among the Wrestlemania greats. Cena has won enough, let's see what happens if we give the ball to Dave.

And about Jericho and Edge... well for some reason I am not too excited yet. Although the opening segment on Raw was great, Edge/Jericho shouldn't be a WM Main Event over Cena/Batista, though it should be the main event because Edge won the Rumble.

I am sure the match will be great no doubt but it won't have near the heat that Cena/Batista does or Taker/Shawn.

Joesgonnakillyou
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if neither retain but I'm absolutely certain Edge will win. I'm fairly certain Cena will as well. He'll be on last with Batista fo sho and they normally send the fans home happy at WM.

DAMN iNATOR
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Batista will retain, Jericho will lose to Edge.

THIS.

Jeritron
02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Neither should be an option

The Franchise
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Edge is the Royal Rumble winner. Don't know why the poll is this close, tbh.

John Cena

The Franchise
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Neither should be an option

This

I think Cena & Edge are going to win