PDA

View Full Version : Foley *Raw spoilers*

Dave Youell
04-13-2004, 08:40 AM
So if Foley is now Cactus again (no complaint here BTW) does this mean he's gonna be around for longer than i thought he would be. I was expecting him to be around until Backlash and then leave. But it doesn't make any sense to re introduce Cactus only to have him dissapear again soon. Plus with the leaving of HHH after Backlash the main event sceen will start to look a little empty.

The only main eventers left would be Shawn and Benoit. Now i can see Shawn turning heel and feuding futher with Benoit, I dont consider any other members of Evolution to be main eventers, i can see Orton taking control and fueding with Benjamin over the IC title (he's bound to retain). But the point i'm trying to make is that there's only 2 real main eventers and Benoit has only just been brought up there, they need someone like Foley for a few months to give time for another guy to get a push to the upper card. Someone like Edge, Jericho (who was main event but has been in mid card hell for like 2 years now) or Kane.

I hope he does stick around as i'm a mark for him anyway, plus he's got the best promos going right now

King Jericho
04-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Even if Foley does stay around after the backlash match with Orton, I don't think the WWE would push him in the main event scene, because of the time Foley would be an active wrestler in the company, I just don't think they will :(

But as you said HBK and Benoit are the only two solidified main event workers right now, because you do have the upper mid-carders; them being Kane vs. Edge and Jericho vs. Christian but with them being in fueds with each other i dont see them pushing for the title, seeing as the champ is face and so are Jericho and Edge, esp. with Edge just coming back there not going to push him for the belt just yet and Jericho only just turning fully face they won't push him against Beniot, where as Christian won't get that push either (here's hoping he does tho!). So the only logical person I'm seeing to work with Benoit after Backlash is Kane, cos he's got to have a title push sooner or later because of the image change.

I have more thoughts, but these will do for now :y:

Dave Youell
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Even if Foley does stay around after the backlash match with Orton, I don't think the WWE would push him in the main event scene, because of the time Foley would be an active wrestler in the company, I just don't think they will :(

But as you said HBK and Benoit are the only two solidified main event workers right now, because you do have the upper mid-carders; them being Kane vs. Edge and Jericho vs. Christian but with them being in fueds with each other i dont see them pushing for the title, seeing as the champ is face and so are Jericho and Edge, esp. with Edge just coming back there not going to push him for the belt just yet and Jericho only just turning fully face they won't push him against Beniot, where as Christian won't get that push either (here's hoping he does tho!). So the only logical person I'm seeing to work with Benoit after Backlash is Kane, cos he's got to have a title push sooner or later because of the image change.

I have more thoughts, but these will do for now :y:

They did give Kane a sort of push in that crappy 3 way with Hunter and Goldberg last year, they buried the **** out of him too.

I'm not saying Push Foley for the title, but keep him in the main event/ uppercard some way or another, to give time to groom a new main eventer

King Jericho
04-13-2004, 09:16 AM
They did bury Kane, but thats because he was in there with Goldberg and Triple H, I say give him a proper title shot against Benoit. Saying that though, Edge will most likely beat Kane at backlash, and I don't see Kane coming off that lose and then go into a main event program, maybe another match with Edge first!?

But I do see this happening, have Kane lose to Edge at the PPV, then make him fued with him again afterwards, because they will have the time because of the long gap between PPV's, so in this time, someone like Randy Orton may get a small push at Benoit for the title with HHH out the picture, then by the time the next RAW PPV rolls around Kane could be in a main event spot vs Benoit.

Shaggy
04-13-2004, 10:11 AM
I had a feeling that he would return as him for the hardcore match. Im a big Foley fan no matter which character he is. This just makes the hardcore match more sweeter. Sad thing is that im a big Orton fan also so this match will be hard to watch.

Cactus Sid
04-13-2004, 11:19 AM
I don't mind what happens

Cactus Jack is back :love:

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-13-2004, 02:39 PM
The faces after Backlash are gonna be Benoit, and they're crazy if they don't give Jericho a big push. Plus Edge will probably get a steady push to the main event throughout the summer.

PureHatred
04-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Don't know how long he's going to be around. But Mick Foley is giving Randy Orton the rub of a freakin' lifetime.

plus he's got the best promos going right now

God damn right.

Sensei Of Mattitude
04-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Look on Smackdown its going to be Eddie vs Bradshaw....... Now on RAW it will be Benoit vs Kane/Christian etc

Its a time for the younger guys to come up. NEW BLOOD RISING!

RGWhat316
04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Why not have Foley go into the main event scene? There have been a number of guys that have come back in the last few years and gotten one last run. So I say have Foley hold the title just one more time and have him go out on top.