TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Swish's Very Own Wrestling Thread! (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119370)

Taker it Easy 05-04-2012 01:56 PM

At an NYC ROH show a match involved a talent who lets say... had some Shawn Michaels hair going on? There was an epic "FOUND YOUR BALD SPOT" chant.

DLVH84 05-04-2012 02:08 PM

I like the "You fucked up" chants when someone messes up.

erickman 05-04-2012 02:32 PM

fire russo f-you russo clap-clap-clap

DAMN iNATOR 05-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestInsects (Post 3848535)
did the fans not chant, Slut at one point towards Steph?

Not just at Stephanie, but at other divas as well. I know Trish had it chanted at her a time or two, can't remember who else though.

Blitz 05-04-2012 02:42 PM

What is just awful. Ruins almost every promo. I hope Yes dies out before it gets that bad.

addy2hotty 05-04-2012 03:36 PM

Not sure.

Malfeitor 05-04-2012 03:40 PM

One Night Stand 2006. Epic.

The Whole F'n Show 05-04-2012 03:54 PM

I distinctly remember from the '99 or so ECW live show I was at, a "Francine sucks on dick for crack, doo daa doo daa" chant lol

whiteyford 05-04-2012 03:56 PM

Miss the ECW crowds:'(

Taker it Easy 05-04-2012 04:25 PM

Yeah guys and woman but what chants have you taken part in? Particularly ones that might be as cool as a long island iced Z. ;)

It is one thing to watch them chant and it is yet another experience to be in the chant. What was your fervor like?

Taker it Easy

Droford 05-04-2012 04:44 PM

"This is awesome" when whatever it is isn't in fact awesome.

XL 05-04-2012 06:47 PM

"YES" is nowhere near as bad as "What!?". The latter intrudes on whatever promo is being given (it's also over 10 years old).

Jimmy King 05-04-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malfeitor (Post 3848658)
One Night Stand 2006. Epic.

I was their that night :D

Curd 05-04-2012 07:51 PM

"SUPER DRAGON" X25

Heyman 05-04-2012 10:17 PM

Personally - I think the 'yes' chant is awesome of Daniel Bryan and the WWE.

I think the WWE has a legit shot at making Daniel Bryan into a huge face. Hopefully, unlike with what they did with CM Punk and the other half dozen potential "franchise players" since 2001, they keep Bryan's character constant. Keep the arrogance, keep the swag, and keep the attitude.

Before turning Bryan into a full fledged face, have him go tweener first.

I also think the WWE has a good chance to turn The Miz into a successful face later on this year.

Nicky Fives 05-04-2012 10:51 PM

"fire Russo" always puts a smile on my face.....I was also partial to Angle's "you suck".....

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-05-2012 12:19 AM

Let's go Ryder Woo Woo Woo is one of my favorite chants.

Skippord 05-05-2012 05:08 AM

why do you not say "I am" you son of a bitch?

erickman 05-05-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3849062)
"fire Russo" always puts a smile on my face.....I was also partial to Angle's "you suck".....

i loved that you suck chant, to bad angle could not take his music to tna.

another good one was the disco sucks chants

RiX1024 05-05-2012 05:03 PM

Nothing can beat the lonely Super Dragon chant.

I have always been a fan of ECW crowd chant, such passion. I wish someone would start a WWE chant, that would be well funny.

loopydate 05-06-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Whole F'n Show (Post 3848680)
I distinctly remember from the '99 or so ECW live show I was at, a "Francine sucks on dick for crack, doo daa doo daa" chant lol

Or "She's a crack whore!" *clap*clap*clapclapclap* for Dawn Marie, followed by Joel Gertner claiming they were chanting "She's a great girl."

irishmaster 05-07-2012 03:27 PM

Shave your back!!! at A-Train

Keith 05-08-2012 11:15 AM

I hate how everytime someone does a chop to the chest, the crowd goes "Wooo".

That and I couldn't believe they gave Undertaker the "What?" treatment.

The Jayman 05-08-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 3848578)
Not just at Stephanie, but at other divas as well. I know Trish had it chanted at her a time or two, can't remember who else though.

Lita

Let's not forget the "Holy Shit" chants after something extreme happens. I think the chant was common in ladder matches

Supreme Olajuwon 05-08-2012 04:32 PM

Ya you can totally move threads to other forums.

RoXer 05-08-2012 04:33 PM

Hey!

Stop that!

Supreme Olajuwon 05-08-2012 04:33 PM

Sorry. I'd move it back, but you know how it is

RoXer 05-08-2012 04:33 PM

I havent tried a thread, just a single post in a thread to another thread in another forum.

Gunna try moving a thread rn

Fignuts 05-08-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeboe (Post 3846958)
If the young guys were any good, the old guys wouldn't have to keep coming back.

I guess the rock, austin, and triple h were never any good since hogan and michaels had to come back.

Kane Knight 05-08-2012 04:36 PM

A new generation need's to be born.

Heyman 05-20-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestInsects (Post 3843435)
A new generation needs to be born, and it won't happen
as long as all these old timers keep returning and stealing shit.

The WWE needs to build around CM Punk in the long term. However - in order for them to do that, they need to re-vitalize his character. They were doing such a tremendous job with his character last summer and it just amazes me that the WWE pissed it away.

Here's what you do:

1) When The Rock comes back next time, have CM Punk shoot on "Dwayne." Regardless of how the fans react, have CM Punk be the heel.

2) Keep CM Punk as the top heel of the company for a 8 months to 1 year.......again, REGARDLESS of how the fans react. During that time, have him shoot on anyone and everyone (i.e. Steve Austin, Undertaker, etc, etc.).

3) Ultimately over time - transition him into a tweener.

Gertner 05-20-2012 03:16 PM

CM Punk can't carry the company because he has no crossover appeal.

DAMN iNATOR 05-20-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gertner (Post 3864120)

But he's already proclaimed himself the choice of a new generation...WHATEVER SHALL WE DO?! :(

Damndirty 05-21-2012 12:07 PM

I guarantee you if at the end of a match with a major face, he literally pisses on the face of the face (via Shawn's spray in the mouths of the three flowers), he could either be a very very popular heel and get himself to the level of face past Cena... or get fired and get TNA jerking off over getting him.

Stickman 05-21-2012 12:27 PM

There needs to be a superheel. Lets say Cena pulled a Hollywood Hogan personna they could then build a few super faces withPunk and Bryan. Other younger guys would get pulled into it in face and heel roles.

But, the biggest problem is the young guys need to grab "it" and go and i feel the young guys arent doing enough to get over.

Mr. Nerfect 05-22-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gertner (Post 3864120)

You're kind of right in saying that now, since Punk doesn't hold the women and then kids; but Punk did cause a bigger stir than just about everybody last year. If he can get in touch with that CM Punk, he can still make big splashes.

I think the idea of turning Punk heel isn't as ridiculous as it would be turn, say, Sheamus, however. Punk actually boomed interest (temporarily) as a heel. He won the WWE Title as a heel. He was antagonising the entire WWE. That's what Punk is -- an antagonist. That's why I'm enjoying the current direction of his feud with Daniel Bryan, with Punk seemingly biting back against Bryan.

Jericho and Punk's feud earlier this year was pretty awesome, don't get me wrong, but it made Punk so sympathetic. It did justifiably add to his claims of being "The Best in the World," but they're trying so hard to position the fans on the side of a guy who really shouldn't give a fuck.

In the WWE, we've seen CM Punk borrow from his ROH persona and storylines a couple of times. When he turned heel on Jeff Hardy, it was the first real throwback to ROH CM Punk we ever had. As a heel, his work was amazing on SmackDown!, and we got our first taste of "Drug free; alcohol free; better than you" Punk. Then we got him claiming that he would take the WWE Championship away from the company; just like he did with the ROH World Championship when he first signed with the WWE. Now we've seen him and Chris Jericho dip into Punk's ROH feud with Raven.

One thing that Punk has not borrowed from ROH, though, is his "snake story." The one that led to the original "Summer of Punk" in ROH, where he bit the hand of the fans who cheered him as he finally rose to the top in ROH, and claimed that they were fucking dummies for believing in him -- after all, he's always been a bad guy. Punk reminding us that he's the kind of guy who sadistically sang "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's daughter just after he punked out daddy in front of his family and the world is how I envision him eventually turning heel in the WWE.

Why turn Punk heel? Because his face persona isn't a draw; his heel persona was. Tomorrow isn't the right time, but after his feud with Bryan is complete, later this year, I'd love to see it. Especially since that if they do Austin vs. Punk at WrestleMania, I think Punk essentially has to be a heel to make the dynamic interesting.

Swish 05-22-2012 09:49 PM

Selling: Mick Foley Signed Ticket Stub

Am just wondering how much do you think I would get for this?.

Blitz 05-22-2012 09:52 PM

I believe the last Mick Foley Signed Ticket Stub went for somewhere between $68,000-$73,0000 at auction.

FourFifty 05-22-2012 09:55 PM

I'll give you a slightly used condom for it. Final offer.

Tazz Dan 05-22-2012 09:57 PM

If I were you, I would have waited for the round of 64 best wrestler round to finish. Foley beating Kevin Nash would have doubled the current value.