TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL 2012 Off-Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=117203)

FearedSanctity 03-20-2012 02:38 PM

http://c0014234.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_b940a8a

CSL 03-20-2012 03:27 PM

presser live on NFL Network atm

CSL 03-20-2012 03:32 PM

Peyton has the shiniest forehead on Earth

CSL 03-20-2012 03:33 PM

it's a big bastard as well, looking like Ken Griffey Jr. in The Simpsons rn

CSL 03-20-2012 03:33 PM

http://www.walkoffwalk.com/griffey.simpsons.jpg

Krimzon7 03-20-2012 03:49 PM

A lot of good will come from this. You'll never see me cheer for a Bronco again. You'll never see me hate another team harder then I will hate the Broncos.

God Bless

Emperor Smeat 03-20-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus (Post 3801159)
Vegas odds makers went from 50:1 to 10:1 for the Broncos to make the SuperBowl..

Wanted to check out the list of teams and surprisingly Denver is ranked #2 in the AFC in terms of odds.

Seems a bit too high especially when there is going to be concerns about the first hit Peyton takes.

They should be the favorites to win their division but can't see them as the #2 team in the AFC right now (Pats are #1 based on odds). Maybe 4th or potentially 5th depending on how the Texans play without Williams.

Reavant 03-20-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3801313)
A lot of good will come from this. You'll never see me cheer for a Bronco again. You'll never see me hate another team harder then I will hate the Broncos.

God Bless

calm down Skip Bayless

Krimzon7 03-20-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reavant (Post 3801317)
calm down Skip Bayless

:lol: that's a good one.

Seriously, I hate to hear Elway sit up there and fellate Tebow like he's hurting to dump the kid. I would rather him be the cold businessman and just say we didnt want to win his way, we'd rather win MY way.

Nark Order 03-20-2012 04:21 PM

I'm almost over Peyton snubbing us, but damn. Sure seems like a dumb decision on his part, no matter how much I think about it. I know control was part of it, but jesus. He was almost guaranteed a playoff run every year.

Gonzo 03-20-2012 04:47 PM

Yeah...until you had to go to New York or New York had to come see you. :cool:

Tom Guycott 03-20-2012 04:47 PM

I think he wants the best chance for a ring before being forced to retire from one good defensive headhunt.

Also, not really sure if I would have been as excited as I should have been if Manning settled on San Fran. Defense needs a little more tweaking for someone with a suspect injury.

I say good for him going to Denver, but I stand by my words from before: as long as Tebow doesn't end up in a '9ers or a Browns uniform I'll be happy with this.

Nark Order 03-20-2012 04:51 PM

Hate these stories about Alex Smith's pride being hurt because SF went after Peyton. The only reason we went after Peyton is because Smith wouldn't sign the deal that was offered him like a week and a half beforehand. This is Alex's fault.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-20-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3800913)
this is the guy you're bringing in to win a championship? :nono:

Like Tebow was going to do that anyways? Fuck your daft. Tebow IS a shit NFL Quarterback. Nobody will want him unless it's as a back up/trick QB in the Wildcat/Runningback.

Broncos made it to the playoffs because of the Defense and Willis McGahee haven't a career revitalizing year. Tebow just sucked bad enough to make it a close call to make the playoffs.

Tebow Sucks. He shouldn't have even been a first round Draft pick either.

If you're mad cause you're a Colts fan. Get over it. The Colts cut him. Be mad at the Colts not Peyton or the Broncos.

Droford 03-20-2012 05:42 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zuUIhv8z3M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7zuUIhv8z3M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I'll always have a small spot in my heart for tebow just for that, even if it was more Thomas' effort on the play for the TD...

Krimzon7 03-20-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3801374)
Like Tebow was going to do that anyways? Fuck your daft. Tebow IS a shit NFL Quarterback. Nobody will want him unless it's as a back up/trick QB in the Wildcat/Runningback.

Broncos made it to the playoffs because of the Defense and Willis McGahee haven't a career revitalizing year. Tebow just sucked bad enough to make it a close call to make the playoffs.

Tebow Sucks. He shouldn't have even been a first round Draft pick either.

If you're mad cause you're a Colts fan. Get over it. The Colts cut him. Be mad at the Colts not Peyton or the Broncos.

For starters, I cannot mention enough that I am a Bengals fan, always have been. You cant help who you love. However ironic this fact may now seem, I'd Place a premium on quarterbacks who win fucking playoff games. This down syndrome having faggot cant do that. Losing record in the playoffs, extremely high turnover ratio in championship games. No matter how much you wanna dress up Peyton manning, the fact remains that he is NOT clutch in the playoffs.

And Tebow has a higher playoff winning percentage than peyton manning, he has as many game winning drives in the playoffs as Peyton, but the kid is shit(didn't he beat the number one defense that game?):roll:

Enjoy having Peyton manning, his 5,000 yards, his 13-3 record, his 30 TD's all season. But beware, when December comes he'll disappear, they will lose in the divisional round and who will you blame then?

Krimzon7 03-20-2012 07:58 PM

ALEX SMITH IS A 9er AGAIN

Gonzo 03-20-2012 08:42 PM

http://www.liquideggproduct.com/wp-c...nstoppable.jpg

Next Big Thing 03-20-2012 09:16 PM

If you're the Jags or the Dolphins why not take Tebow? Especially if he's going for as cheap as a day 2 draft pick? They're bottom dwellers anyway and it's not like the quarterbacks they have under contract are going to be franchise cornerstones. They're playing for Matt Barkley anyways.

Tebow's got three years left on his deal. Worst case scenario, they sign him, make some money from ticket/jersey sales, he bombs those first two years, people jump off the bandwagon and said team ends up with high draft picks OR he does somehow turn the team around, and if he does that, maybe they should consider sticking with Tebow and the Spread offense.

Emperor Smeat 03-20-2012 09:18 PM

Peyton pushed for a special "neck injury" clause in his contract which helped pushed the amount to $96 million since each season he has to do a neck exam with $20 million per year guaranteed if he passes each year except the last 2 years. He can fail a regular physical for the first 3 years but the money will still be guaranteed until the final 2 years.

Denver also considering keeping Tebow but now you can include the Jets, Packers, Jags, and Dolphins to the list of teams who have shown some interest in a trade.

Droford 03-20-2012 10:59 PM

Tebow with the Jets ?

lol

they can't handle mark sanchez as their QB, theres no way ever they could handle Tebow.

Hanso Amore 03-20-2012 11:31 PM

Tebow would be eaten alive in NY.

Supreme Olajuwon 03-20-2012 11:33 PM

Tebow in New York would probably be the greatest thing ever, win or lose.

weather vane 03-20-2012 11:48 PM

I want him in Miami. Gives me something to fucking root for.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3801581)
For starters, I cannot mention enough that I am a Bengals fan, always have been. You cant help who you love. However ironic this fact may now seem, I'd Place a premium on quarterbacks who win fucking playoff games. This down syndrome having faggot cant do that. Losing record in the playoffs, extremely high turnover ratio in championship games. No matter how much you wanna dress up Peyton manning, the fact remains that he is NOT clutch in the playoffs.

And Tebow has a higher playoff winning percentage than peyton manning, he has as many game winning drives in the playoffs as Peyton, but the kid is shit(didn't he beat the number one defense that game?):roll:

Enjoy having Peyton manning, his 5,000 yards, his 13-3 record, his 30 TD's all season. But beware, when December comes he'll disappear, they will lose in the divisional round and who will you blame then?

I'm a Patriot fan. So, I hope they do lose in the divisional round. I really don't care either way unless Tebow signs with us to carry Brady's towel.

I wish nothing but bad will on all teams not the Patriots, but Peyton Manning has the chance to make the Broncos a better team.

You refer to game winning drives, but what you meant was game ending winning drives. A winning drive is simply the drive where you score the points that win you the game. Also a Good QB doesn't get into that many game-ending drive opportunities cause he wins outright before the 3rd quarter is over. Of course i know I'm spoiled from having such an amazing QB, but whatever.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3801819)
You refer to game winning drives, but what you meant was game ending winning drives. A winning drive is simply the drive where you score the points that win you the game. Also a Good QB doesn't get into that many game-ending drive opportunities cause he wins outright before the 3rd quarter is over. Of course i know I'm spoiled from having such an amazing QB, but whatever.

It's funny reading that because damn near half of John Elway's wins were game-ending drives.

Skippord 03-21-2012 01:12 AM

and a fair amount of Eli Manning's wins

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 01:18 AM

May as well add Peyton too. He is 2nd all time in regular season comebacks and game ending drives. Dan Marino has the most. Bret Favre, Joe Montana and Tom Brady are also in the top 10 for game ending drives.

So much for that theory.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 01:26 AM

The great Trent Dilfer is 81st in game ending drives in case anyone is curious, but that's because he ended the game before it even began just by showing up and putting on his jockstrap.

Krimzon7 03-21-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3801819)
I'm a Patriot fan. So, I hope they do lose in the divisional round. I really don't care either way unless Tebow signs with us to carry Brady's towel.

I wish nothing but bad will on all teams not the Patriots, but Peyton Manning has the chance to make the Broncos a better team.

You are fortunate to have a great QB in Tom Brady. You and I are getting tangled in a matter of semantics. The sentiment is the same: manning doesn't get the job done in the playoffs(when it counts)

screech 03-21-2012 08:09 AM

He at least has a ring though.

screech 03-21-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Big Thing (Post 3801835)
The great Trent Dilfer is 81st in game ending drives in case anyone is curious, but that's because he ended the game before it even began just by showing up and putting on his jockstrap.

:mad: Trent Dilfer is wonderful

James Steele 03-21-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3801913)
You are fortunate to have a great QB in Tom Brady. You and I are getting tangled in a matter of semantics. The sentiment is the same: manning doesn't get the job done in the playoffs(when it counts)

He's been to 2 SuperBowls, won 1 SuperBowl, and been in handful of AFC Championship games. It takes more than a QB to win in the playoffs, so to just blow off what Peyton has done because they didn't win the SuperBowl every year is fucking absurd.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3801968)
He's been to 2 SuperBowls, won 1 SuperBowl, and been in handful of AFC Championship games. It takes more than a QB to win in the playoffs, so to just blow off what Peyton has done because they didn't win the SuperBowl every year is fucking absurd.

It's SUPER BOWL Steele! SUPER BOWL! Two words. You're not representing the South appropriately right now.

I agree with you about how you can't blow off Peyton's accomplishments because he didn't win the SUPER BOWL every year, but let's not forget there was that four year stretch before winning the big one where he got his ass handed to him in the playoffs and could shoulder most of the blame for that because of the way he played.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech (Post 3801955)
:mad: Trent Dilfer is wonderful

I think Trent is 81st because he's so humble and doesn't like to take too much of the limelight away from his fellow quarterbacks.

Ermaximus 03-21-2012 09:41 AM

Calling it now, Tebow will be a Jaguar by the end of the day. I'm fine with this because it means Gene Smith will likely quit as GM because he's the one who picked Gabbert to be his guy.

Hanso Amore 03-21-2012 10:00 AM

Tebow to Jacksonville would solely be to sell tickets in North Florida.

Ermaximus 03-21-2012 10:28 AM

That's pretty much why I said he'd be a Jaguar. Khan wants him so he can drive more ticket sales. Smith doesn't want him because he sees Tebow as a distraction. Ultimately the owner gets the final say here, but if Tebow coming to Jax means Gene Smith leaves, I'm fine with it.

Evil Vito 03-21-2012 10:50 AM

<font color=goldenrod>Tebow to the Jets please. The trainwreck factor would be amazing. Fans would call for Tebow with each Sanchez incomplete pass.</font>

Ermaximus 03-21-2012 10:55 AM

So Vito you're saying they'd be calling for Tebow after the opening Jets drive then?