TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL 2012 Off-Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=117203)

Nark Order 06-21-2012 06:47 PM

A 49er with a heart of gold.

Triple Naitch 06-22-2012 12:36 AM

Jacob's son is the same size of him.

Innovator 06-22-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 3901090)
A 49er with a heart of gold.

Now, just wait for the first game when he only gets 5-7 touches and sprouts off to the media.

Next Big Thing 06-22-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3896529)
Jonathan Vilma and four other Saints entered their appeal this morning. Goddell (that asshole) adjourned their meeting and asked to meet later this afternoon.

VIlma ain't having that and said he isn't coming back for this circus. It appears that the other three are undecided on whether or not to return. All four may pursue other legal actions.

I love Jonathan Vilma's Gangster throughout this whole stint. He's on some Nino Brown shit...although Nino Brown rolled over and snitched on everybody as soon as he got some heat.

Nino also got popped in the end, so now I'm fully expecting Vilma to win his appeal and then get shot by Brett Favre as he's walking out of NFL HQ.

Krimzon7 06-25-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Big Thing (Post 3902090)
Nino also got popped in the end, so now I'm fully expecting Vilma to win his appeal and then get shot by Brett Favre as he's walking out of NFL HQ.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-25-2012 04:25 AM

The bigger joke is the NFL appeals process itself.

Evil Vito 07-04-2012 01:41 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Derrick Ward retires at age 31. His career went into a tailspin after that great 2008 season he had with the Giants.</font>

Nark Order 07-06-2012 05:35 PM

TO working out with Drew Brews and Carson Palmer. Lol. Jesus.

Evil Vito 07-06-2012 07:32 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Amani Toomer says he'd rather have Tony Romo than Eli Manning. lol okay guy. Enjoy being booed at Giants Stadium anytime a highlight is shown of you. AKA the Tiki Barber treatment</font>

Ermaximus 07-06-2012 07:40 PM

So he'd rather play with a guy who can't make the playoffs rather than a guy who has won 2 Super Bowls? What a dumbass.

Gonzo 07-06-2012 07:46 PM

ELI MANNING > YOUR FAVORITE TEAM'S QUARTERBACK

Ermaximus 07-06-2012 07:55 PM

Come on now, saying that Eli is better than Blaine Gabbert is an obvious overstatement.

Curtis Anderson 07-10-2012 03:48 PM

Makes me sick to my stomach that the Broncos acquired Peyton Manning, but this doesn't mean that the Raiders/Broncos rivalry is one sided at all. I think everybody is going to be pretty surprised at how well the Raiders do this year. Trading away those draft picks maybe wasn't the greatest idea in theory, but if Carson Palmer pays off then it will all be worth it.

Curtis Anderson 07-10-2012 03:49 PM

This will also be the year of Darius Bey-Heyward.

DaveBrawl 07-10-2012 04:10 PM

The Raiders should be a good team depending on coaching, but I believe the surprise team in that division will be KC if they have recovered from last seasons injuries.

FearedSanctity 07-10-2012 04:20 PM

Can't imagine Dennis Allen being ready enough to be a competent HC. One year as a DC of a defense that IMO was pretty overrated makes you ready? And even then how much was him and how much was John Fox? Just don't see this going well for Oakland, which of course I have no problem with

Agree on the KC thing though, pretty worried about what they can do with a healthy team.

Nark Order 07-10-2012 04:22 PM

I want to support Oakland so badly but everybody I've ever known that is a Raiders fan has the IQ of a brick. They really "fucking ruin it" for me.

Nark Order 07-10-2012 04:31 PM

Also, I really like Hue Jackson as a guy and they really pushed his shit in for seemingly no reason.

Supreme Olajuwon 07-10-2012 04:44 PM

really happy Hue Jackson is back with the Bengals

seems like an all around awesome guy

Curtis Anderson 07-10-2012 04:44 PM

You can never be certain with new head coaches though. They could be busts or they could be the second coming of Jim Harbaugh.

Nark Order 07-10-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 3917359)
really happy Hue Jackson is back with the Bengals

seems like an all around awesome guy

Yeah, I used to listen to bay area sports radio all the time because of the 9ers and they had frequent interviews with Hue. He is a really happy jolly guy most all of the time and he's got a pretty good "football mind." His overall demeanor though is what makes me like him though. Doesn't have to be some serious dickhead all the time.

Kris P Lettus 07-10-2012 07:09 PM

Dear Saints,

STOP FUCKING AROUND AND SIGN DREW BREES..

Sincerly,
The Who Dat Nation

Ermaximus 07-11-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcissus (Post 3917350)
I want to support Oakland so badly but everybody I've ever known that is a Raiders fan has the IQ of a brick. They really "fucking ruin it" for me.

Now you know how I feel being a Redskins fan.

Triple Naitch 07-11-2012 10:10 AM

How many teams do you root for?

DaveBrawl 07-11-2012 10:14 AM

As long as he doesn't say the Chargers we're cool.

Gonzo 07-11-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermaximus (Post 3917822)
Now you know how I feel being a Redskins fan.

You are dead to me.

Curtis Anderson 07-11-2012 11:31 AM

There are non-autistic Raiders fans. One must just search far and wide for them.They will still probably be fat though.

Ermaximus 07-11-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple Naitch (Post 3917861)
How many teams do you root for?

Just 3. Jaguars, Steelers, and Redskins. Dad grew up in Maryland so before the Jags were around I rooted for them and still do. Steelers comes from my Mom's side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 3917870)
You are dead to me.

Why?

RP 07-11-2012 12:04 PM

Can this season start already?

Gonzo 07-11-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermaximus (Post 3917905)
Just 3. Jaguars, Steelers, and Redskins. Dad grew up in Maryland so before the Jags were around I rooted for them and still do. Steelers comes from my Mom's side.

Why?

Redskins. :nono:

The only way to settle this will be Mortal Kombat.

Ermaximus 07-11-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 3917939)
Redskins. :nono:

The only way to settle this will be Mortal Kombat.

Ahhh because you being a Giants fan. I live with it. It's not like they're good or anything.

My sister is a Giants fan too, but she mainly likes them because she likes Eli.

James Steele 07-11-2012 04:25 PM

I am a fan of America's Team and you both can fuck off and die.

http://www.parkcitiespeople.com/wp-c...08_1608766.jpg

Innovator 07-11-2012 04:50 PM

http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/phot...8-standard.jpg

Gonzo 07-11-2012 10:47 PM

Hold on, have to put my sunglasses on to look at that picture.

Ermaximus 07-11-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3918082)
I am a fan of America's Team and you both can fuck off and die.

http://www.parkcitiespeople.com/wp-c...08_1608766.jpg

I don't dislike the Cowboys, just Jerry Jones.

Krimzon7 07-11-2012 11:46 PM

FUCK ALL OF YOU. I AM A FAN OF CINCINATTI

With the Bengals holding their training camp in Cincinnati for the first time, the club decided it'd be nice to offer a pep rally to its most loyal fans. Hopefully, though, those fans read the fine print. The part where it says they'll be charged $10 per ticket to the event, $5 for parking and “reduced price” food concessions.

Naturally, this has caused hand-wringing on at least one fan website. Who Dey Revolution -- which, as you might have guessed, usually blasts the Bengals -- used the letter to rip the team to shreds.

I won't do that here. Instead, I'll post the letter and see if you think it's fair.

With training camp coming to Cincinnati for the first time, the Bengals are hosting a special event and inviting all of our season ticket holders for what promises to be a fun evening.

On Thursday, July 26, the Bengals will kick off training camp with a pep rally with the entire Bengals team, followed by a concert and fireworks show.

Paul Brown Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m., and alumni players will be on hand for autographs. The Pep Rally will begin at 7 p.m. and feature comments from Head Coach Marvin Lewis and players, along with player introductions.

After the players depart for their first meeting of training camp, beginning at around 8 p.m., the local band DV8 will perform rock and pop hits for 90 minutes. The event will conclude with a fireworks show beginning at around 9:45 p.m.

Due to the Macy's Music Festival beginning on Friday the 27th, the stadium will be set up in concert mode with a stage on the field facing the east sideline. General admission seating will be available for this event on the field, as well as on the sideline levels. Season ticket holders can purchase an unlimited number of tickets to the Pep Rally.

Tickets for this Pep Rally & Concert are $10.

The entire stadium is not available due to the concert set up, so capacity is limited and tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is our hope that we fill up our capacity by getting a good response from season ticket holders who are excited by this fun, first-time event.

Tickets will be mailed to you after purchase. Parking in the Mehring Way Lots (Lots D, E & F) will be available at a cost of $5 per vehicle. ARAMARK will have concessions available at reduced prices.

We look forward to a great training camp followed by a winning season. We appreciate your support, and hope to see you at the Pep Rally & Concert.

In response to the criticism, Bengals spokesman Jeff Berding told the Cincinnati Enquirer that the event will cost the team “north of six figures” and that the ticket price was simply to help the team with the expense.

“I think most people think this is a pretty neat thing,” Berding said.

Krimzon7 07-11-2012 11:48 PM

THIS FUCKING TEAM WAS ONE OF THE MOST PROFITABLE TEAMS WHILE, CONCURRENTLY, BEING ONE OF THE LOSINEST TEAMS IN THE 1990'S.

Fuck you Mike Brown, you should pay us to come to these fucking game until you deliver a SUBERBOWL

So, I'll be in Cincy, anyone wanna do a meetup? :(

James Steele 07-12-2012 12:07 AM

I would like to see the Browns win the SuperBowl.

tjogo 07-12-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3918326)

I would like to see pigs fly.

Ermaximus 07-12-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3918326)

Browns/Jaguars AFC Championship game. Book it Steele! :(